Weekend Reading

August 29, 2014

Hello! What are you all up to on this long and last weekend of summer? I’m packing up today since we’re headed back to Las Vegas for a few days to work on the house and soak up some sun. Here’s a short list of links loved from the past week.

gallery wall erika brechtel

How to build a gallery wall (5 excellent tips).

So you want to flip houses?

Ten clever ways to use stock cabinets around the house.

Give me gratitude or give me debt (fresh “perspectacles”).

Why we humblebrag about being busy.

How nice to see my fabric patterns appear in other homes, thanks Sharon!

Wow, I’d love to hang out in this floating hotel

Back to school: the 70s v. today (funny!)

And my writing at Lamps Plus, Get the Look: Autumn Interior Accents

Wishing you all a relaxing weekend, enjoy!

7 Responses to “Weekend Reading”

1. OMG I am dying :-) Love the post Back to School -70’s versus today. I lived it – so funny and TRUE!

2. Centsational Girl says:

I was a child of the 80s and much was the same! Different lunchboxes though :)

3. Catherine says:

Kate, I just wanted you to know that I look forward to Weekend Reading every weekend. You always have a great roundup of links! I especially enjoy the house flipping one this time around. I’m an accountant always daydreaming about interior design, and I hope that someday I’m brave enough to stop crunching numbers and flip houses, too. I love watching your Las Vegas house come to life!

4. Claire says:

Just had chance for a quick flick through your weekend reading (which I love) and as I only had time for one I read Give me Grattitude. Wow, that is a bit of a wake up for someone who constantly dreams/plans about a new much needed kitchen. Think this writer has a lot in common with my husband who says ‘it’s clean, it works’…
    Really should not be moaning!!

5. Centsational Girl says:

Agreed Claire, I just loved the perspective !

6. Centsational Girl says:

Thank you Catherine, I so appreciate that! It is a dream of ours too :)

7. Sharon B. says:

I always love your Weekend Reading posts, thank you so much for including me in it this week! What a nice surprise. Now off to read the other links! That gorgeous gallery wall already has me intrigued. Sharon