Takeaway Tuesday: Pretty Powder Room

May 28, 2013

Hey everyone! I hope you all enjoyed the long weekend, we certainly did. I’m continuing the takeaway series today with a pretty powder room that you may recognize from the past, one of Sarah Richardson’s designs, and I think we can all agree, she always gets it right! I love the warm palette, the bird and branch wallpaper, and the traditional dark wood accents. Here are this week’s five takeaways:

sarah richardson powder room takeaway tuesday

On the other side of the space, Sarah used an ornate wood shelf, a perfect place to set a lady’s handbag or a vase of flowers.

antique shelf in powder room sarah richardson

Images from HGTV, Design by Sarah Richardson

What do you love about this powder room?

More from the series:

gray kitchen bedroom happy sitting room

Gray + White Kitchen

Beautiful Bedroom

Colorful Sitting Room

.ore f

Tags: , ,

19 Responses to “Takeaway Tuesday: Pretty Powder Room”

1. meg says:

I can’t believe wallpaper is making a comeback!
    I have to admit this looks really pretty. :)

2. Funny that you should post this! I spent yesterday looking up that wallpaper. I love that powder room as well as the one she did in her farmhouse (with the red doors).

3. I’ve loved this image for a while.

I’m saving to turn a butler’s pantry into a half bath and am more and more drawn to great wallpaper in such a space. It looks so chic! I also like the eclectic mix of finishes. It looks purposeful and classic.

4. Sonya says:

What do I love! Sarah Richardson! Her designs are amazing. Yeah for Canada :)

5. Elisa says:

I love the wallpaper. I think power rooms can’t be over done. They should scream fabulousness! -just like this one :)

6. Cindy says:

I love the sconces on either side of the mirror. Side-lighting is the most flattering light in the world.

Except for sunset light.

Except for sunset light, side-lighting is the most flattering light in the world! (Are you paying attention, dressing-room-designers-who-prefer-to-use-flourescents-at-the-top-of-the-mirror?)

I also like the punch of ebony provided by the small table by the sink. I once heard a designer say that every room needs a small black piece; it’s like an exclamation mark. I think she was right.

7. Elizabeth H says:

Surprised at myself, but I love the wallpaper!

8. I really like the bird wall papers. It’s almost scary to see my fingertips type that though. A powder room would definitely be one of the few places I would use it.

9. One of my favorite powder rooms!
    I have been pondering if I should try to do something similar with paint (stencil/stamp) for the basement bathroom. I think it will liven the space up and make it seem less subterranean.

10. bj says:

Beautiful room…however, after just removing wallpaper, IN JIBBLETS, I won’t EVER do wallpaper again.
    Sure is a beautiful room, tho….

11. Patti-Ann says:

That wallpaper is to die for!!!! OMG!

12. I love the chandelier and the sconces. I am such a sucker for great light fixtures.

13. Heather says:

I love Sarah Richardson’s style! Powder rooms are perfect place to put a bold wallpaper – I agree! I love that mother of pearl mirror!

14. Susan says:

LOVE this powder room. Sarah always gets it right! The rest of the house (from Sarah 101) is spectacular too. Great post…and great tips!

15. becky says:

Pedestal sinks are attractive but not practical…..storage is lacking. I would not be able to bring myself to do that.

16. Jann says:

Love the wallpaper !!! I live in Ontario, Canada about an hour south of Toronto – where can I buy this wallpaper pls?

17. Leonie HF says:

Wow, there is nothing I don’t like about this powder room. It’s so beautifully done. It’s got a cool vintage vibe without being too twee or feeling like an old-fashioned hotel. The wallpaper is fab, but that mirror is the winner, in my opinion :)

18. Jen in NM says:

Jann, that’s A-Twitter by Schumacher in the Summer colorway. The Schumacher site has a link to where you can find retailers.