Friday Finds

November 30, 2012

Greetings all, the Friday Finds are back and these are some good ones!  Enjoy these links and your weekend too!

Make these paper poinsettias (plus several other holiday paper projects) with templates available at House and Home (right click on the site to open PDFs).

paper poinsettias houseandhome

If you can’t make it to New York City for Christmas, you can still see the famous annual Bergdorf Goodman window display courtesy of Heather at Habitually Chic.

bergdorf goodman windows

The Million Dollar Decorators are accustomed to shopping high end but here they are roaming the aisles of Kmart and Marshalls for stylish finds.

million dollar decorators bargain shopping

I discovered Retronaut this week and it’s filled with nostalgia from all decades like these images of 1914 Paris in color.

paris 1914

I’m crushing on these screen print maps of famous cities over at Famille Summerbelle .

famille summerbelle maps

My quest for a “goes with everything” gold holiday pump has led me to these four candidates.

gold holiday pump

1 / 2 / 3 / 4

Other articles I enjoyed this week:

10 great Life Magazine covers

A tour of the White House Christmas decor seen through Bo’s eyes

Autumn in Central Park – a time lapse video.

The decline of fascination (and the rise of ennui)

A helpful tip for gadget compatible gloves

20 great Christmas books for children

19 smart holiday entertaining tips

Celebrity portraits made from sweets

A Very Carson Christmas  (thanks Sis!)

12 Responses to “Friday Finds”

1. Tina says:

I love the garland in the first picture! The map prints are adorable too.

2. Definitely checking out Retronaut and I would go with the first gold shoe. I just adore peep toe and gold!

3. the poinsetta garland is awesome! i have one of those city maps of nyc sold from land of nod by the same artist. love it and it always reminds me of the city i love!!!

4. Allison says:

That poinsettia garland is wonderful! I watched the White House tour through Bo’s eyes a few times. So fun! Beautifully decorated and Bo is just adorable. All pretty gold shoes….I like the Ivanka Trump pair. A classic shoe and yes on the glitter. That would add a little pizazz to any Christmas outfit. Have a great weekend Katr.

5. Allison says:

Whoops…typo! I meant Kate.

6. Hi Kate

Thanks so much for giving us a shout out on your lovely blog!

La Famille Summerbelle x

7. Cynthia riley says:

Loved and shared Carson’s Christmas!! And the Life covers brought back so many memories. I loved this whole post!

8. Gina says:

nice surprise to see you featured in lhj!

9. DeeKay says:

Love that Nordies sparkler! So classic and versatile! Platforms are fun, but not forever. Just sayin’!

10. susan says:

Carson is the bomb. Thanks for that posting :)

11. Julia says:

I love the garland! Have to try that! I can’t ever have real poinsettias in the house since they are poisonous to cats and the fake ones aren’t pretty at all. So this might be a great solution ;)

12. Liz C says:

In that first photo, do you happen to know if that’s wallpaper or a stencil on the wall? If that’s a stencil, I want that kind of desperately! :)