Christmas Home Tour 2011

December 15, 2011

Hey all, as promised here are a few shots I took over the last couple of days of our home this holiday season.  I’m keeping it simple, my decor this year is mostly garland for scent, poinsettias scattered here and there, ornaments in various vessels, and always branches ~ simple touches since I want to spend most of the next week enjoying the twinkle lights, the baked goodies, the traditions, and our family.

I’m officially done with all the decorating, welcome to our home this Christmas season!

christmas staircase centsational girl

chair in entry with garland

ornaments on green garland

entry mirror silver reindeer

sparkling silver reindeer

christmas family room garland

family room corner

white sleigh silver ornaments

christmas family room

christmas master bedroom

master bedroom white and gold nightstand

chandy garland

candles on cake stand

kitchen mantel cg

kitchen mantel left side

stockings in kitchen window

see our mantel here

centsational girl mantel

more Christmas tree pictures here . . .

white and crimson tree

and our front porch here . . .

kate front porch christmas

Linking up to Nester’s Tour of Homes… don’t miss it, there are so many lovely homes decorated for the season.

Picture-34[1]

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and happy holiday season!!

xo,

kate signature image

114 Responses to “Christmas Home Tour 2011”

1. Katherine says:

Beautiful as always. I have a very basic question: How do you hang/secure all the decorations?! The wreath and stockings in front of the window. The ornaments from the porch ceiling. The garland to the staircase handrail…

• CentsationalGirl says:

Hey Katharine, the stockings are suspended with small ribbon stapled to the ceiling with a light tack stapler. Shocking to some people to put tiny holes in your home, but it doesn’t bother me, and can always be patched with light spackling. Ornaments on the porch suspended with hooks, garland with floral wire. I couldn’t decorate without floral wire, it’s the best invention ever!!!!

2. Kirsty says:

It looks just beautiful Kate! Love it all, happy holidays to you and your family! xo K

3. Chriss says:

Your home looks gorgeous, wishing all the best for the holidays!!

4. Mystica says:

Absolutely delightful.

5. Swapna says:

That was beautiful… Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas….

6. Kristine says:

Gotta say….I love your reflection in the glass bauble in the third pic :-)
    And, on a more decor related note, it’s all gorgeous.

• CentsationalGirl says:

Ha Kristine, you caught that!! Someday I guess I’ll learn how to get rid of it, but I do think it’s funny to see the photographer in the reflection!!

7. Kristine says:

Forgot to mention, I love the inclusion of differnt colour schemes. Silver, gold, white, red, blue and green. So varied yet harmonious.

8. laurie says:

Great tour. I really love all the silver and white.

9. Amanda says:

It looks so beautiful! I’m in love with your tree (and may have even mentioned it on my blog this morning, haha!)

I love that everything looks so effortless and almost thrown together, but in the absolute best way possible. SO beautiful!

10. Three words: stunning. gorgeous. elegant.

11. Sarah says:

Beauti-ous! Love the pops of red.

12. Sarah says:

Beauti-ous! Love the pops of red.

13. Ashley says:

I’m loving your tree, your stairs, your entire house. We are in the middle of finishing our stairs and hoping they will turn out very similar to yours!

14. Marianne says:

Hi Kate ! I’ve been looking forward to your 2011 tour, and I LOVE it !! Very chic !! Cheers from France !

15. Noelle says:

Simply beautiful!! But I expect nothing less from someone so talented!!! Have a wonderful Christmas with your family in your beautiful home!!!!

16. Claudia says:

Your home is lovely! Very tastefully decorated. Thank you for sharing with us.

17. Gina says:

Oh it gorgeous!

18. Gorgeous! Felt like I was turning (scrolling?) pages in a magazine! You have earned your relaxation time, and then some!

19. Kiri says:

Wow, just wow!

20. So pretty, Kate! And, I know you said you were keeping it simple but there are such amazing details in every photograph. Enjoyed it!

21. Miranda says:

You’ve got it ALL right! Love everything you’ve done for Christmas!

Miranda

22. Wow Kate. Your Christmas decor is simply stunning. So simple yet so elegant! What an inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

23. Your home looks so beautiful decked out for Christmas, Kate. I just love your style!

24. Stunning. I love your decor, beautiful. Hugs, Marty

25. cassie says:

just stunning- my favorite shot is the tree with the dresser in the background- the pops of red just take it away for me!

26. Your home is stunning! I love how sophisticated it all looks. Beautifully done.
    -Diana

27. Kara says:

absolutley beautiful. i love all of the greenery and silver.

28. Amanda Eck says:

so beautiful and elegant! and I love that you shared a room in your home that we dont see often. Its all lovely!

Hope you and your family have a blessed and Merry Christmas!!

29. What they said — stunning, beautiful, elegant! LOVE it! Well done! I LOVE the quilted metallic ornaments– where did you find those?

30. viv says:

Absolutely gorgeous home! I love all the white and metallic details!
    fashiontruffles.blogspot.com

31. Karen says:

Stunning! You have a beautiful home.

Where did you get the branches? I haven’t had much luck finding something similar.

32. love the colours! Everything looks so calm and elegant. :)

33. Janette says:

So beautiful! Dumb question though -how did you hang your garland on the railing without scraping the paint? I tried and gave up at my house! Enjoy the holidays! Merry Christmas!

34. jan says:

Beautiful home and absolutely stunning all decked out. So elegant.

The real garland hung on the staircase and above the mirrors is especially striking. I am wondering how you hung them without damaging anything and attached the balls. Thanks.

• CentsationalGirl says:

Hi Jan, the garland is attached with floral wire, not to tight, not too loose, just enough so it doesn’t slide back and forth – works like a charm!!!
      xo

35. Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

Classic and lovely. The pops of crimson really shine against the white, gold, and silver backdrops. And all the greenery–mmm! Blissful.

You’ve done a lot of Christmas decorating in 2011 at one time or another, haven’t you? I do so love the spread featuring your home in the Christmas Ideas magazine. I had to go to several newsstands before I found a copy, but what fun it was to enter through the door opened by your daughter and revel in all the Christmasy beauty!

Bless you this Christmas and always, Kate!

36. Alicia says:

Your home is absolutely gorgeous, Kate. I love everything you’ve done. I can see the love in every piece you have so carefully selected. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

37. Your home is beautiful as always, Kate! It’s cute that you call it simple, though – I’m sure it would take me ages to get my place looking so put together for the holidays! :) I especially love that you didn’t neglect your bedroom – the ornament wreath above the bed is lovely!

38. Mandy says:

You have a beautiful home! I love what you did with the area behind your kitchen sink. And the logs in the red tin under the tree…seriously why don’t I think of these things?

Looks fab!

39. So very very pretty! Just love the peek into your family room. Those mirrored window frames over the couch are my favorite!

40. Just fabulous, Kate! I love all of the real greenery, I bet it smells wonderful! Merry Christmas to you and your family! xo

41. Michelle says:

I think I may have just pinned every photo. STUNNING!

42. Stunning! Absolutely Stunning! xo

43. MaviDeniz says:

Your home is lovely, looks like it came out of a magazine.

Xo

44. Jody V says:

I love seeing items you have DIY’d in previous posts and how you pull them all together! You home looks beautiful as always!

45. Oh my goodness…I think yours is my favorite Christmas home so far. So festive, but very classy and elegant! Thanks so much for sharing!

46. Mindy says:

Aw love the ornament wreath over your bed. Subtle, but still festive!

47. Kate, it’s so classic and elegant. I love every last detail. Your fresh garlands are my favorite!

48. rita says:

Everything is just perfect! You did a wonderful job

49. Absolutely gorgeous Kate!!! Thank you for sharing! I love it all. Great inspiration!!! Happy Holidays to you and your family. :)

50. Karen says:

Your home looks so wonderful. I love the simplicity and the festive neutral, natural palate. Very pretty.
    Karen

51. holly says:

i love your home! your photos are so beautiful and the decor so inspirational. I have to comment though, that I have that tiny white christmas tree and it’s so cute but so horrible, right?! the white beads fall off everywhere!!!! =P

• CentsationalGirl says:

Ha Holly you’re right!! That little one in our family room is always *shedding* beads!!!
      xo

52. I love the silvers, whites and blues you used. I also like that your decor is not too cluttered. It’s easier to see each object and appreciate them more.

53. Oh my!!!! How do you get anything done? I’d stand gazing all day at every beautiful vignette. The chandelier is my favourite. So beautiful.

54. Rebecca says:

So different than the Christmas decor I have, mine is so colourful. But i like the look of the neutral simplicity. And those mirrors you have that look like windows are awesome. =)

55. Loribeth says:

I love your Christmas color palettes! They’re so soft, and blend so well with your home. It’s always a joy to “visit” your house. It’s inspiring, beautiful and welcoming.

56. Kath says:

Not just beautiful, but there is such a lovely feeling of serenity. Love it all!

57. Elaine says:

so, so beautiful! I love every wonderful picture!

58. wow oh wow, your house looks gorgeous! your family and guests will feel so loved there this season! and I loved seeing new angles and spots in your house!!! I don’t think we’ve seen much of the family room! :)

Merry merry Christmas girlie!!

59. Jennifer says:

Beautiful home! I love everything!

60. This is going to be my inspiration for next year! I had the same question about how you suspended the garland without scratching the paint. I’ll try floral wire next year!

61. Wow, your home looks AH-mazing!!!! I can’t believe Christmas is almost here!!!

62. Marla says:

Gorgeous design Kate! Each room is lovely with its’ own color combination and the style flows from room to room. :)

Will you be so kind to answer a few quick questions?:
    Where can a busy homemaker take a spatial design ‘crash course’ to use in one’s personal home?
    How and where do you store the trees and branches, i.e. how to wrap/protect, how much room is required, do you have a space where they store upright?

Thank you so much for sharing your gift of design, and especially for allowing us to be special ‘guests’ in your home this season. Merry Christmas!

63. Andrea says:

Hi Kate,
    Your home is just absolutely beautiful! I love your colour palette and elegant-glam look.
    I have a question for you:
    I used real garland for the first time this year… I bought it 2 weeks ago, and it is basically kindling now because it is SO dried out. How do you stop yours from drying out before the season ends?! I tried misting with water but that didn’t seem to help (although I didn’t start doing that for about a week so maybe the damage was already done)

64. Sharmin says:

My daughter and I just looked at all the photos and we LOVE everything!!! I agree w/other comments about the feeling of serenity and love. It’s beautiful and welcoming. You rock!!!

65. Tery says:

Beautiful. I especially like the garland on your staircase and the greenery on your chandelier.

Great job!

66. Ann Vallotton says:

I remember last week you saying that your house was a wreck…something to that effect anyway! So hard to imagine! Just love every little detail of every little corner of your home! Ah! And your photography makes it all the more savory!

67. Becky says:

Oh my gosh! Your home is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I love how your Christmas decor compliments the beauty of your regular decor!

68. SOMMERWHITE says:

Im gobsmacked ! Your home and all the xmas decoration is absolutely stunning ! Thought it was from a magazine first haha. Im stunned ! Very very beautiful, wish you and family a very happy Christmas :) xo

69. Angela says:

Your home is very lovely for the holidays!!
    Angela

70. jan says:

Kate – Thanks for the prompt response! Every time I look at your home I find another inspiration for my own home. Love it. Thanks for sharing.

71. Megan says:

Your home is so beautiful and you are such an inspiration…..everything is just gorgeous……Happy holidays to you…LOVE your blog.

72. Lorrie says:

Your home is Beautiful! I love everything, and so pretty decorated for Christmas.

73. Hi, absolutely beautiful! I love how your pictures always look so white and crisp…..I gotta figure that out. whitebalance? hmmm. Anyway, the tree in the barrel is awesome! I saw that in a magazine and wanted to do it but already had the tree in the stand…..wasn’t moving it! Next year :)

74. Amy Keogh says:

Hi! I love the greyish color used in the bedroom shown (I assume it’s the master). I’ve been trying to decide on a color for a long time. What brand and color name is it? Thanks! -Amy

75. Kelly says:

I would love to know the color of your bedroom walls. Love the entire color pallet of your Christmas decor.

Kelly

• CentsationalGirl says:

Hi Kelly, the color is a blend of ‘Camouflage’ and ‘Misted Green’ both equal parts, both by Benjamin Moore!

76. Allie says:

Thanks for sharing the photos of your home and Christmas decor. It all looks fabulous! I think your simplified decorations are perfect! You have inspired me to edit out my decoration next year….and my husband will be thrilled :)
    Merry Christmas!

77. GRITS says:

You can do no wrong! It’s absolutely gorgeous!

78. Charlene says:

Gorgeous, Kate! Well done!

79. Lima says:

You did a great job, it’s really awesome how it looks :D

(I mentioned you post on my blog, hope you don’t mind!)

80. Marthajane says:

Beautiful beautiful beautiful!
    Love what you do. Prefer your own projects to the ones that you link. I don’t usually look at the other sites. Only yours.

81. Carol I. says:

Absolutely beautiful! I’m inspired!

Merry Christmas!

82. Julie says:

I like your blue and white striped chairs by the fireplace. Where would I find them? Everything looks beautiful and must smell great.

83. Andrea says:

How long does the greenery last indoors? I went to buy some at the garden center and they told me it would dry out in a few days with our heat on. Any tips on keeping it fresh?

84. So beautiful! Love all of your ideas!

85. Donna says:

Stunning….

86. Carolyn W says:

What a beautiful home tour! I am relatively new to your blog and I especially love the three “mirror windows” over the couch. That is exactly what I’ve been looking for in our living room! Can you tell me where you got them? (And I apologize if you’ve already answered this question a million times!) Thank you!

87. Nicole-Lynn says:

Everything looks absolutely beautiful! Great job!

88. Farah says:

Wow! Breathtakingly beautiful. Like straight out of a magazine! Martha Stewart’s got nothing on you :)

89. Talysa says:

Your decor is stunning. Simple. Gorgeous. Thought I was on Pottery Barn’s site there for a second.;-)

90. Barbie Jones says:

I always enjoy your Christmas Decoration Posts Kate… I have to say that each year I look to you for decorating guidance and my home has truly evolved especially during the holidays :)

91. Wag Doll says:

Oh just gorgeous, So many wonderful ideas to inspire me! x

92. Eliesa says:

I just love your house!! It is beautiful no matter what time of year it is! And after seeing your stairs all decorated and gorgeous, I am missing our old house’s set of stairs :( But now I have a mantle to decorate, so I guess it’s a nice trade off.

93. tara says:

beautiful home….
    I pinned the one of your sofa with your beautiful fresh greens garland over the mirror…absolutely stunning!

94. Stacey says:

Your house is stunning! Where did you get your barrel tree stand?

• CentsationalGirl says:

Hey Stacey, barrels are plentiful arond here in the WC, I pick mine up at a local hardware store for $20 bucks each… score!

95. Jessica says:

Everything is gorgeous!

96. Kim says:

Everything is so beautiful. Can I come live in your home? Merry Christmas from this loyal follower.

97. Marcy says:

Hello! Saw your pictures on pinterest! Wondering what your paint color on the walls is by the stairs! Thanks! Oh, your house is absolutely gorgeous!

98. Abby says:

Hello!! Im painting my bedroom and I’m wondering what color you used in your bedroom?!

• CentsationalGirl says:

Hi Abby, it’s a custom color I mixed, 1/2 ‘Misted Green’ and 1/2 ‘Camouflage’ both by Benjamin Moore!

99. Abby says:

Did u use aura or regal?! Im at Benjamin moore now!

100. Isabell says:

You’re home is absolutely gorgeous! I must know where you’re white coverlet came from!?! I have yet to see one with such detail!

101. Jackie says:

I love this! Could you please tell me where you got your mirror windows above your couch? I have been looking everywhere for something like that! Thank you!