Inspiration for My Home Office

July 20, 2009

I’m right in the middle of remodeling my home office, taking it from blah blah brown to a more chic and glamorous space.  It’s getting a total overhaul from top to bottom, but on a budget.

I purchased some cabinets with glass shelves from the local Villeroy & Boch outlet store that closed its doors, but I need to paint them and they’re 100 inches tall !  I’m also going to attempt to install grasscloth wallpaper, and make another no sew valance.  Plus all the accessories!  I’ll have lots of posts in the upcoming weeks as I update you on the progress.

Here are some of the images in my inspiration file:

turquoise home office Turquoise Design

domino blue officeDomino Magazine (?)

house beautiful sept 05 House Beautiful September 2005

house to homeHouse to Home

charlotte moss study house and gardenCharlotte Moss Study, House and Garden

house beautiful april 08 House Beautiful, April 2008

williams sonoma stanhope libraryWiliams Sonoma

wallpapered office Source Unknown

tyra banks office Tyra Banks Office by Kyle Schuneman

ideal home march 2007 Ideal Home March 2007

source unknow Source Unknown

fav office black desk Source Unknown

closet office source unknown Source Unknown

I have no source for some of these images, so help me out if you know where they’re from.

I’ve got a lot of work to do to pull off something special in my home office.   Stay tuned !

30 Responses to “Inspiration for My Home Office”

1. Karli @ RockyBella says:

I've always adored that 2nd picture. Its dreamy. I really like #11 & #12 a lot. Awesome inspiration pics.

2. Wagonwife Designs says:

I love the blue and brown combination. Our home is an Old world style of French country. I love the formal antiques and informal pieces together. The "library" picture appeals to me, but maybe with a modern twist. Can't wait to see your combination. It will be fun to follow along.
    Debra

3. Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions says:

You've got ideas and that's a start anyway. It looks like each picture has white (in one form or another) in common. I'm sure you will do a gorgeous job!

4. Melanie says:

I LOVE that turquoise room. Amazing!

That last picture is from Sunset magazine I believe. It was the inspiration to my most recent project actually. I made a space like that in my office closet over the weekend.

5. Vanessa says:

They're all very pretty and chic! I'm sure your home office will turn out great after all these great inspiration. Have a great week!

6. Design Esquire says:

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

7. C says:

Love those inspiration photos! What happened to the side table post? I saw it in my google reader, but not on your site.. Hmm.. Also, where's the nailhead trim party at? You've inspired me to use it on a bench I'm currently working on!

8. ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage and Junkologie says:

I was just thinking last night how my home office needs a redo and that I need to find some inspiration photos. These are great!

Amy

9. Jenglamgirl says:

Those are all so GLAM! I love them all! love the zebra rug and the pink one! JenGlamGirl

10. Jacylann Nix says:

ilove them all! but i am digging the white and blue together..it looks so sharp!

11. Haley Bird says:

The pic above Tyra Banks office…the black frame/ mirror is from IKEA…or at least they have one just like it! The Ung Drill! Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

12. tales from an oc cottage says:

Love the blue!!! But all are very cool!

m ^..^

13. anhesty says:

the office is one of the rooms i need to work on in the new house as well. but my hubby loves the contemporary glass desk look and i found it super hard to decorate and he has a lot of junk he wants to keep in there but i want to hide. any suggestions? i was thinking of shelving with cabinets…

i can't wait to see your office!

14. Delightful Dwelling says:

I love, love, love the first one! The brown and blue are gorgeous together. I have a major home office makeover planned in the future too after we head to IKEA in a few weeks for some supplies

15. Haven and Home says:

Hi! I just found you through High Heeled Foot In The Door, loved your day!

16. marty39 says:

All the photos are just gorgeous. Love them all. I can't wait to see what you do. Hugs, Marty

17. Steph @ AnnoyinglyDomestic says:

I always get so much more business type work done in the evening, so I've always set up my office a little like a den or tobacco room. My favs are the rooms with the darker wall colors. Love the dark lavender-ish looking room with white furniture and the second from the bottom (Source Unknown). Gorgeous offices!

18. The Thrifty Stylist says:

great inspiration! fabulous storage and each one is so totally chic. love it! wish i had a home office :P

19. LindsB says:

100 inches tall, Wow, those are huge! I cant wait to see how they come out in your office, I'm jealous of all that storage space you are going to have!

20. Christy says:

I love those spaces, especially the small closet nook one – so pretty!

21. Amanda @ Serenity Now says:

Can't wait to see the final product. :) I noticed several zebra print rugs in your inspiration photos. I like the color scheme you are gravitating to. :)

22. Laurel @ Ducks in a Row says:

We won't get to our office until this winter, but I've been considering grasscloth. Please do it – so I can learn from you!

23. Sarah says:

Your inspirations rooms sing to my heart. We have a plain home office now with white desks and it is all very fine and boring. I'd love a nice black and white rug with little pops of color. In my dreams it is done! In reality, it'll take time. :)
    I really want a sweet rug for the space, but I'm having a hard time finding what I want for the price I want.

24. Jennifer Ramos says:

I love that wallpaper in pic #1 and the DESK too!
    Also….can't wait to SEE your upcoming posts Kate :)))))))

Jen Ramos
    'Cards & Prints You'll Love…'
    madebygirl.blogspot.com

25. Shell says:

Simply beautiful inspiration for a home office. A few of those pictures were are so me.

26. thriftylittleblog says:

I love your inspiration images. I can't wait to see what you do with them!

27. Corinna White Charlton says:

great inspiration! especially the black and white office with yellow flowers on the desk. i'm starting my second year of law school in sacramento and use my spare bedroom as my study room- time to redecorate before school starts! nothing like having a pretty space to make studying a little less painful :)

28. Gina @ The Shabby Chic Cottage says:

Those are all gorgeous, but you are such a stylish girl I bet yours will shine the brightest. Can't wait to see it!

29. Anonymous says:

Love the wallpaper! Everything came out wonderful and it makes me want to tackle a room in my home.

30. laurel says:

wow, love all of these. my office is right at my front door and must double as a sitting room and piano room as well.