High End Salvage

May 12, 2009

There is an amazing hunting ground just over the hill in Sonoma called Artefact Design and Salvage.   Inside, you’ll witness some decor that would make any designer swoon.  Outside is a massive architectural salvage yard that sets my heart awhirl.  It’s all way out of my budget of course, but inspirational to look at.

Interior shots:

artefact 7

artefact 5

globe lights

artefact interior

butterfly branches

Check out these chandeliers, all so different:

artefact 10

artifact 4

artifact 3

artefact 9

Here are a few images from the salvage yard outside:

doors in yard

doors in yard 2

onyx

blue glass

marble balls

grayhounds branches

artefact 1

artefact 8

In my conversation with the manager a few weeks ago, I was told that Restoration Hardware photographed their store and in his opinion “copied” many of their ideas.  This is complete hearsay, of course, but I couldn’t help noticing these pieces from RH’s spring collection:

Entablature Mirror, $3,290

entablature mirror

Trestle Wood Salvaged Dining Table, $3,290

trestle wood salvaged table

trestle dining table

Salvaged Wood Sideboard, $2,990

salvaged wood sideboard

Gun Barrel Salvaged Dining Table, $3,290:

gun barrel salvaged table

gun barrel dining

I say, if his opinion is correct, then imitation is the best form of flattery.

13 Responses to “High End Salvage”

1. Robin Thomas: A Nest With a View says:

Swoon, gasp, ache…

2. Morgan says:

This place looks like heaven!

3. Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick says:

Wow, that is amazing!! We have a place like that (in a realllly bad part of town) that I love…I am alway shocked at how expensive it all is though. It is massive and I could spend hours there, drooling. :)

4. Jenny says:

That is an awesome place!

5. Carla says:

Wow! Love all those old doors. I have a door fetish.

And cute little stool redo for your vanity. I wish I was that creative. Sadly, I have no talent.

6. Rebekah says:

Wow! I NEED one of those giant chunks of green glass. And those doors… I may faint. Gorgeous. Places like that make my heart ache.

7. Vanilla Lavender says:

Love the wrought iron table bases!! Beautiful!

8. TexasLauren77 says:

I am in LOVE with the chandeliers and the concrete dogs!!!

9. mrosev14 says:

What a super fun store. It looks like you could spend forever in there just looking.

10. G+D says:

Neat stuff–love the greyhounds!

11. [...] Along this route are three of my favorite wineries, an amazing European Antiques store, and my favorite high end salvage shop.  I always take visitors to Viansa winery, a little piece of Italy in the southern part [...]

12. [...] Along this route are three of my favorite wineries, an amazing European Antiques store, and my favorite high end salvage shop.  I always take visitors to Viansa winery, a little piece of Italy in the southern part [...]

13. Great blog guys, let me tell you that I had a very good experience buying a salvage door at http://www.salvageantiques.com, the shipping service is ok but not the best, but the European salvage doors are amazing. A lot of history.