A new blogger Abby wrote to me last week asking how I find stuff to write about everyday and I had to really think about it. I don’t often suffer from writer’s block but I used to in the beginning. These days, it just sorta comes to me at night which is why I keep a notebook by my bed of thoughts and ideas. I also get inspired from a lot of what I read online.
Writer’s block is a real issue that bloggers encounter at some point. It can be mild or it can be crippling. It’s that feeling of not knowing what to say, what to write, what to put out there and to be frank I didn’t really know how to answer Abby’s question.
But then it came to me last night. How about 50 blog posts from writers that I’ve bookmarked or remembered from the past year. All of these posts are great because they’re personal and/or offer a takeaway. So here you go Abby, fifty great examples of what to write about when you can’t think of anything at all.
1. Answer a reader’s question (like Kristi did).
2. Rediscover your home (like Courtney).
3. Share your vacation photos (love Stefanie’s).
4. Make a funny observation (like Steph).
5. Share a great bargain (like Emily).
6. Teach readers something technical you know all about (like Amy).
7. Start a clever series.
8. Try something cool and wacky. (like Ree)
9. Share some pretty pictures.
10. Talk about a device that makes your world complete (like Holly).