Since we finally tiled our master shower a few short weeks ago, I was determined this past weekend to finally put some finishing touches on the master bathroom. You regular readers know that since our remodel of 2006, our master bathroom has been nothing more than a storage closet, until about ten months ago. We’ve slowly been finishing out the space. First the tile floor, then the cabinets and countertops, and lately, the finish tile for the master bathtub and shower.
Over the weekend, I spent most of my free time doing mundane and completely non-postworthy tasks like trimming, caulking and painting baseboards. But I also took on a project that I’ve been wanting to finish for years.
Way back in 2006, I found a floor sample window panel at Bombay Company that I fell in love with. I didn’t care that it was the last one left. I wanted the fabric to someday make a roman shade for my master bathroom.
At last, I was able to finally create it this past weekend. Here she is, in all her glory, with her new best friend, silver chandy:
I learned that with some concentration and a little effort, I could make a roman shade all on my own without turning to those expensive window treatment companies.