A few months ago I imagined for the window seat project a piped cushion cover with a zipper enclosure. When I finally took the time to tackle this project, I realized I just didn’t have the desire (or maybe the energy?) to make something fancy when something simpler would do just fine.
The only thing I really cared about for this window seat cushion was 1) straight clean seams in the front and 2) a cover that could be removed for washing since this study is a kid space. I settled on a simple knife edge box cushion cover, one without any piping or even a zipper. This one’s stitched in just a few obvious places, and kept together with velcro in the back!
Since I wasn’t doing piping and just a straight edge in the front, I was able to save money by not having to buy extra fabric for the piping (welt cord requires extra fabric cut on the bias so it curves around corners easily).
Instead I bought 3 ½ yards of green outdoor canvas fabric for $9 a yard to cover the length of the window seat and a piece of 24” x 2” foam as long as my window seat to fill the cover. And a package of velcro strip.