Etsy Art I Heart: Watercolors

April 1, 2014

I’m on an original art kick lately and I got into some trouble on Etsy this morning shopping for watercolors for a future art display. “Trouble” meaning several purchases, I can’t help it, there are so many talented artists out there! Watercolors are so popular right now with the Waterlogue app everyone’s been using lately turning photographs into watercolor prints. I thought I’d feature a few favorite painters I stumbled across today who specialize in the medium.

Kerri Shipp paints everything from botanicals to abstracts to chinoiserie at Driftwood Interiors (I bought a series of the 11 x 14” indigo tropical leaves, gorgeous!)

driftwood interiors watercolors

I adore the zoo of sweetly painted animals you can find at Mary’s Flower Garden. I had to have that blue crab!

marys flower garden watercolors

Color Zen has a great kitchen food collection, also feathers and some beautiful sea life too.

color zen watercolors

Amber Alexander shares charming Beatrix Potter inspired stories on the back of her animal prints like Tilly in the Teacup, “From the second she started out that fateful day, Tilly had a feeling that she had bitten off more than she could chew…”  The details are delightful, and that squirrel has serious style.

amberalexander watercolors

Discover unique nature inspired patterned feathers and animals at River Luna.

river luna watercolors

I love the colors inside these silhouette prints at Elf Shoppe, very fun!

silhouette watercolors

I had such difficulty narrowing down my choices at Yao Cheng Design, her abstracts and botanicals are simply lovely and so inspiring – such beautiful use of color.

yao cheng watercolors

Read past features of other Etsy artists here. What about you? Have you discovered any great artists on Etsy lately? I always love reading about your favorites!

32 Responses to “Etsy Art I Heart: Watercolors”

1. Alison Shanahan says:

Just ordered a Yao Cheng from seeing it here. Thank you for sharing! Beautiful!

2. Danielle says:

I am loving Corso Graphics. Her pen and watercolor prints are beautiful!

3. Kerri Shipp says:

Thanks so much for the shoutout, and so happy to be sending some artwork your way! What a wonderful start to my day :) Best, Kerri

4. Vel says:

Thank you for always sharing your resources Kate! they are always wonderful!

5. Centsational Girl says:

Oh Kerri, it was so hard to decide what to buy, but I did! Three of your indigo palm prints will be divine in a series over a console, feature coming soon!

6. Annie Brace says:

Thank you Centsational Girl and Danielle for mentioning Corso Graphics! Painting is a love and passion I have and to be able to share it means the world to me!! And thank you for appreciating art in it’s natural form…..not automatically digitized art that is created for you. Keep up the wonderful posts!!

7. Lily says:

I love Etsy, and I love these watercolor finds!!

xo Lily

8. Marci says:

I love this post! I have added so many prints to my wish list!

9. So pretty! I really love the one with the feathers!

10. Susan says:

My son does watercolors, acrylics, oils and charcoal…

11. Lucy says:

Oh geez I was doing this the other day too! Just spending copious amounts of time trawling etsy, drooling over the watercolours.. Absolutely stunning to many to choose from! I particularly love the animal silhouettes. Good to know I’m not alone! Lucy x

12. Parisgirl says:

Thank you for info on others I had not yet seen. Kerri Shipp I already knew about, she does gorgeous work and is in my hometown, Brisbane Australia.

13. Robyn says:

I bought this Llama print for my granddaughter last year: https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/70167599/llama-artist-signed-watercolor-print?ref=shop_home_active_11

it is from https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/CanyonWrensNest.

Teri Kman is an animal artist and wildlife biologist and she says “Thanks for your support. Your purchase allows me to donate art (for silent auctions and fundraisers) and cash to worthy animal welfare and conservation causes.

Beautiful art.

14. My favorite medium Ever , great that you promote original art work
    I really love the artists you picked they are in my Etsy faves too

15. Tiffany says:

I am smiling, because I’ve made a purchase from Yao Cheng but these are new beautiful!! Also, I have been eyeing Driftwood and have those butterfly prints saved to buy in the very near future. You know what they say about great minds :)

16. Kelly Reber says:

These are all stunning! Thanks for the share. I love Etsy so much!!

17. Amy P says:

Beautiful! I’m trying to find the perfect place for this watercolor https://www.etsy.com/listing/180688473/watercolor-print-of-american-bison?ref=shop_home_feat_1 Isn’t it stunning?!

18. Meg says:

Ooh, I love seeing all of these beautiful works. Erin Makai is my new favorite- I have gorgeous prints in both of my kids rooms. https://www.etsy.com/shop/MakaiErin

19. Leslie Price says:

I am an “original” art fanatic- and etsy is such a great place to find affordable original art! I’m loving the artists that you profiled today!

20. evo says:

Color Zen’s stuff is my cup of tea. The style has a kind of relaxing effect.

21. Nichole says:

Yao Chen’s work is fantastic. I am going to order two for my bedroom. Thanks so much for sharing!

22. www.thesunndispositionhome.blogspot.com says:

I love the blue octopus. I think that’s my favorite!

23. Cathy Tokarski says:

Browsing these artists’ work on Etsy was a delight, and I’ve added two Amber Alexander prints to my small but growing collection of original art. Thanks as always, Kate, for sharing your resources.

24. Amanda says:

It’s so common to get caught up in designing your room to look just like a magazine, Etsy makes it possible for each room to have it’s own custom look, especially with water colors like these. Thanks for the post!

25. Janel Galvez says:

What a great feature! I love the watercolor trend and Etsy is such an amazing resource for beautiful original art.

26. Really nice choices! Thank you.

27. Thank you so much for including my painting in your article. Most of the artists you mentioned were also my favorite!

28. Kendra says:

I love Driftwood Interiors and have used her prints for a few clients. And I just purchased 2 prints from River Luna for a nursery – they are soooo cute and I had such a hard time narrowing it down to just 2!!!!!!!

29. Shalane says:

Some beautiful watercolour pieces here – love the different styles and colours. Thanks for sharing!! :)

30. The art looks wonderful!! I can never get enough of your beautiful family room!

31. Jeanine says:

I love this post… All of these artists are so super inspiring! My absolute FAV is River Luna! I have been on etsy forever and her shops at the top of my list! I love your blog too of course!