BOTB 3.14.14

March 14, 2014

What are your plans for St. Patrick’s Day weekend? With an Irish heritage, we will be cooking a full corned beef with veges and pints of beer traditional feast. It’s one of my most favorite meals of the year! The weather here is absolutely divine, so we are off to spend some time outdoors this weekend too. It’s ‘Best of the Blogosphere’ day again, and Amanda and I rounded up our favorites to feature, enjoy these inspiring projects and spaces!

A painted vanity and wallpaper go a long way to transform a bathroom at Go Haus Go.

gohausgo bathroom makeover

Inspired by a high end version, Pam at Simple Details turned an inexpensive Martha Stewart mirror into a gold sunburst ceiling light – fantastic!

gold sunburst ceiling medallion simple details

This Hemnes dresser is reinvented with a gloss black + nailhead trim treatment by Brooke Eva.

hemnes dresser with nailhead trim

Faux woven shades made with bamboo fencing! A clever reinvention by Ashley at Bigger Than the Three of Us.

faux bamboo shades

An empty niche along a wall becomes a mini home office at House Full of Sunshine.

mini home office housefullofsunshine

Jenna Sue shares how she used IKEA Pax wardrobes to create a built in pantry.

built in ikea pax pantry

Cherished Bliss shares a four step technique on how to get a weathered wood look with a stain + acrylic paint combo.

weathered wood technique

Fake the look of industrial metal with a painting technique from Brooke at All Things Thrifty.

metal lookalike stools

Print your instagram photos on fabric then stitch up a personalized iPad cover with a tutorial found on the Etsy blog.

instagram ipad cover

Make a glam gold tack ampersand on canvas with Virginia from Live Love DIY.

gold tack ampersand

As always, there are more features over at Best of DIY !

best of diy features

Finally, don’t miss the Spring issues of two online magazines, Sweet Paul and Trad Home, fabulous inspiration inside!

sweet paul

trad home

Happy St. Paddy’s Day weekend everyone!

19 Responses to “BOTB 3.14.14”

1. Christina says:

I’ve been seeing that ostrich papered bathroom all week, and I can’t get ENOUGH of it! Have a good weekend!

2. I love Emily’s new ostrich bathroom from Go Haus Go. It’s pretty much the best thing since sliced bread!

3. BeckyB says:

So many pretty things… thanks for sharing!!

4. awesome best of’s this week–I’ve been pretty much drooling over that ostrich bathroom & love Brooke’s stool update too!

5. I am loving the bathroom vanity. I am a pretty big fan of white but that is making me question our next bathroom reno.

6. Wow, the ostrich wallpaper really grabbed my attention! Really loving it. Then as I scrolled down, there’s more!!! Thanks for sharing these wonderful projects, pics and magazines.

7. Brenda says:

Thanks I had never heard of these on-line magazines. Another item to add to my weekend coffee enjoyment.

8. Love Pam’s starburst ceiling light!!

9. I love all of these!

Thank you for the shout out my beautiful friend! xoxo, Brooke

10. That Beware the Moon wallpaper is a personal favorite! So fun for a bath, laundry or mud room. Really enjoyed the collection from this week!

11. Uhm wow!!! Thanks so much for including me! You made my weekend. I’m among fantastic company on this post.

12. These are all so inspiring! I think I’ll try the gold tack canvas art this weekend!

13. Thank you SO much, BOTB Team!! I’m always inspired by your great roundup of projects, and it’s awesome to be included!! :)

14. Wow! Thank you so much for including my weathered wood in this fabulous round up! : ) You just made my day!

15. Wow…thank you so much for featuring my DIY Faux Bamboo Shades. Lovely round-up!

16. Emma says:

Ok, what’s a full corned beef? In the UK and Ireland we get corned beef out of a tin, so it’s only good for slicing in to sandwiches or turning into corned beef hash?!

17. Jenna Sue says:

Thanks so much for sharing my Pax Pantry—always love these roundups!

Oh NO Emma, we cook it as a brisket here for several hours then serve it up with cabbage, potatoes, carrots and soda bread! It’s delicious, especially with good mustard.

19. Sukie says:

Thank you so much for sharing this amazing ideas!!! Love the DIY with the gold tack ampersand on canvas :-))))