BOTB 8.2.13

August 2, 2013

Hello hello and happy Friday! What are your plans friends? I’ve got my hands full of projects, finishing up the guest room and my friend’s dining room all in one week, so much to do, so little time. :) Today is another Friday edition of Best of the Blogosphere, and Amanda and I rounded up our favorite picks from across the web, enjoy!

Two beautiful nurseries to feature this week, this first is a boy’s nursery for Joni’s nephew Henry spied over at Lay Baby Lay.

henrys nursery laybabylay

Next is Lochlan’s Irish nursery by Abode Love, with touches of rustic, plenty of pattern, and of course, the color green!

lochlans nursery abode love

Jenna’s powder room makeover is infused with vibrant color and combines a rustic vanity with bold Amy Butler wallpaper. Via SAS Interiors.

powder room sas interiors

Dusty at All Things G&D is a clever girl, she turned a plain Jane IKEA Tarva into a chic sideboard room divider – we’re loving the pulls and the paint and stain combo.

tarva turned sideboard

Build a X leg bench for $20 with plans found over at Sawdust Girl.

x leg bench sawdust girl

If you want to cover your laminate countertops with concrete, don’t miss Jenny’s tutorial at Little Green Notebook and her fab result!

diy concrete countertop

Remodelaholic shares their tips on how to make this stylish outdoor safety gate.

safety gate remodelaholic

Simple and chic describes Michael’s dot table runner at Inspired by Charm.

diy dot table runner inspiredbycharm

Add pizazz to your everyday chargers with this simple color block cord craft at I Spy DIY.

color block cord ispydiy

Make paint speckled rope bowls with a simple sew technique at A Pair and a Spare.

diy rope bowl apairandasparediy

And have you read the latest features over at Best of DIY?

best of diy features

Catch up on two weeks of posts, or subscribe for the Daily DIY to get an inspiring project delivered to your inbox or reader every weekday.

Have a great weekend!

16 Responses to “BOTB 8.2.13”

1. terrific inspirations!! Thank you for sharing Hugs

2. Rea says:

Nice list you have here, very inspiring! :)

3. You had me at “Hello hello”. Thank you so much! :)

4. Allison A. says:

I look forward to popping over to taking a look at all of these features! Wonderful nursery for Joni’s nephew. Have a great weekend Kate.

5. tam says:

6. Julia @cuckoo4design says:

I love that irish nursery and I saw Jenny’s laundry room makeover and fell in love with it!

7. April Jacobs says:

This is a great post. I really like the boy’s nursery! The wall painting of my son’s room looks like that. After seeing this post, I am inspired to make some changes for the better. :-)

8. Barbara says:

The green nursery is really wonderful! What gorgeous wallpaper!

9. Love that boy’s nursery in the 1st photo – such a comfortable place for mom and baby to spend time in.

10. I like Jenna’s powder room makeover! It’s so creative. I love that vibrant color. :-)

11. Joni says:

Aww, thank you so much for including Henry’s nursery!! So much great inspiration here. xoxo!

12. What an adorable nursery. I love the picture of the giraffes and all the different patterns, it really makes the room pop. Nice job!

13. Thank you so much for featuring my TARVA dresser turned sideboard, Kate! What a thrill to be included on your beautiful blog in your awesome round-up of projects!

14. Maxine says:

I love the elegance on lay baby nursery. It is how I would love my babies nursery to look when I have my next child. I hope you don’t mind me borrowing a couple of ideas :-)

15. Erin says:

Even though I am not a DIY girl, these projects still blow me away. That concrete counter Jenny did looks so good. And the Ikea sideboard? I don’t know why I haven’t gained the courage to take on a hack because the shape of Ikea’s furniture is SO good!

xx Erin

16. What a surprise that you featured my remodeled powder room. I’m loving my new bold + vibrant wallpaper. Great roundup Kate & Amanda! xo Jenna