BOTB: Double Dose!

July 19, 2013

Greetings all, I’m back with another Friday round of Best of the Blogosphere today, and a fun announcement at the end. First here’s a peek at some of the spaces and projects that caught our eye this week!

Here’s a gorgeous mix of pastels and pattern in a teen girl’s room styled by Jamie at I Suwanee.

gossip girl bedroom isuwanee

Two small and chic home office spaces to show off today, the first is this chrome desk and emerald bamboo chair combo by Shaunna at Perfectly Imperfect.

emerald green chair chrome desk perfectlyimperfect

The next is this clever desk between bookcases by Kristine at The Painted Hive, a great idea for placing an office just about anywhere in your home.

painted hive home office

Oh how we love a great IKEA hack! This Fjell wardrobe got a makeover with gray stain and plank paneling by The Thinking Closet.

fjell wardrobe ikea hack

Aunt Peaches is so clever, she flipped over some inexpensive plastic frames to play the role of Lucite trays.

lucite tray aunt peaches

Upcycling grocery bags into woven paper fruit baskets with Lia Griffith looks like a fun way to spend a summer afternoon.

upcycled grocery bag liagriffith

So sweet and simple, this painted rocks tic-tac-toe will keep the kids busy for this last month of summer. Project by Eighteen 25.

tic tac toe eighteen25

Ah, the versatility of tissue paper!  Craft whimsical paper wisteria with Honest to Nod.

tissue wisteria landofnod

… and giant paper peony piñatas with Corner Blog (although who could bear to hit them, they’re so lovely!)

peony pinatas bloggingcornerblog

Also an announcement! This is something I’ve been planning for months and finally got around to implementing! It’s a double dose of the best of the blogosphere, but now in a daily feed.  Yessir – over at Best of DIY you’ll no longer find a static front page but a daily dose of inspiration with the new “Daily DIY” column. A new project every day!

new daily diy at best of diy

The ‘Best of the Blogosphere’ features will continue here every two weeks where Amanda and I play scout to find the best DIY projects, but you can get your double dose by subscribing to the new feed where a new and creative DIY project is featured every weekday, ones completely separate from the BOTB posts.

We’re still working out a few kinks so you can scroll back to older posts and I’m fixing up the sidebar this weekend, but I’m so excited for this new daily article. Hop on over to the Best of DIY where you’ll find the galleries have even more great content uploaded by category, and you can subscribe to the daily features too.

Enjoy, and have a great weekend!

kate signature

21 Responses to “BOTB: Double Dose!”

1. Mel says:

I always look forward to your BOTB posts and have been anxiously awaiting the Best of for a while now; I’ve noticed the daily posts already! yay!

Have a wonderful weekend.

2. Lia Griffith says:

Thanks Kate! I feel so honored that you posted TWO of my projects today! You are the best and you have such an eye for beautiful things.

Delighted Lia, your projects deserve attention, they’re so great!!

4. Lovely teen room. Lovely and Serene. My niece said to tell you that it is to Die For. :)

5. Kristine says:

Oh, thank you so much for the shout-out Kate! I love your BOTB posts…always so much inspiration.

6. Aruba Villas says:

The pastel color is very refreshing and cool to the eyes. I will consider this kind of design and color to one of the villas. I like it very much. It’s beautiful. Thanks

7. Wow! So honored to have our IKEA hack featured here at BOTB! Thank you, Kate and Amanda, for making my night! Woot woot!

Warmly,
    Lauren
    The Thinking Closet

8. Jackie says:

Here I am just getting my dose of BOTB and scrolling down to see the announcement about a daily dose…hooray!…and there in the screenshot is my DIY rug ottoman. Thank you so much for featuring my project. Just added Best of DIY to Bloglovin with the rest of my daily reads :)

9. Mrs. G says:

I love the wallpapered ceiling in the first room! And both desks! Thanks for sharing.

10. Tara says:

Quite an eye-catching bedroom in the first pic.. looks very cosy as well. Love the Ikea wardrobe, as I this style of painting is a favourite of mine. I own several similar pieces that get good comments from my friends and family. Looking forward to your Daily DIY column :)

11. There’s nothing bad that I can say with this room. It’s beautiful, cool and definitely a perfect place in the house to stay long.

12. Wow that teen girls bedroom is fantastic!

13. Wow! That IKEA hack is amazing – loving it!!!

14. This is GREAT news! So exciting and I love the features this week! The ceiling treatment on the girls bedroom is fabulous!

15. Samantha says:

I love the first picture. The ceiling is very unique and I have never seen anything like it before.

16. meg says:

I am totally digging that green chair and chevron pillow – so cute!

17. I love everything in this post! I wish I can make my house that beautiful. I really admire you guys. If I can just make that for my teenage daughter, I’m sure she’ll be very happy! :-)

18. Noah says:

I love your images I have gotten loads of good ideas from them! Though my biggest problem is when I am done it never looks as good as it does in the pictures that were my inspiration! Oh well off to try and replicate the kids bedroom in some fashion for my daughter

19. That first room. It looks so classy that I can’t almost believe it belongs to a teenager! Love how th curvy, random stripes on the carpet go well with the blue pastel stripes on the wall.

20. Shantall P says:

Nice teen room! Good thing you got a nice DIY ideas… Good job!

21. Natalie says:

Love the blue and white striped room. Very clean, modern and grown up.