BOTB 4.1.13

April 1, 2013

Happy Monday everyone, hope you had a lovely Easter weekend! We managed to squeeze in an egg hunt just before it started to rain, and Matt grilled seasoned lamb chops for dinner under the umbrella, but because of the raindrops it was nice quiet day for us. Today is a rare Monday ‘Best of the Blogosphere’ post but it’s been a few weeks, so Amanda and I again gathered up our favorites, enjoy these inspiring spaces, projects, and ideas!

I loved reading the story behind this creative home office makeover designed by Stephen Saint Onge at Designer Dad.

home office designer dad

This big girl room at Lily Pad Cottage is filled with colorful sweet touches.

girls room lilypadcottage

Miss Mustard Seed transformed her inviting kitchen and documented the process over the years with a recent reveal of the new space, gorgeous!

mms kitchen

We love this sweet and simple nursery with nautical touches over at Inspired Living.

nautical nursery inspired living

John and Sherry tackled a fireplace makeover in two phases, recently adding a custom mantel and marble herringbone tile to create a new modern fireplace facade

fireplace makeover yhl

How sweet are all the colors and expressions on these hand painted blocks?  Cheerfully embellished by author and guest blogger Beci over at Etsy, so full of personality!

diy wooden block family etsy

I love the delicacy and charm of hand embroidered linens, and this lazy dazy stitch tutorial by Vanessa at V and Co. is divine!

hand embroider v and co

Here’s a fantastic idea for grads or newlyweds – clever bill folding makes a fabulous money rosette – the link to the full how to can be found at Just Something I Made.

money rosette just something i made

Cassi got creative with her otomi patterned table and it makes a pretty patio accent at Hi Sugarplum.

otomi side table hisugarplum

This strawberry themed party offers several ideas for a summer soiree with lovely seasonal touches featured over at TomKat Studio.

strawberry themed party tomkat studio

So much creativity, I love it, don’t you? Thanks as always Amanda for your contributions! If you’d like your project or post considered for a feature, be sure to send it our way to bestoftheblogosphere@gmail.com.  Enjoy your day!

13 Responses to “BOTB 4.1.13”

1. Wow thanks so so much for sharing my daughters bedroom!! Happy Monday :)

2. What a treat to find my little table over here, with all these other great projects!! Thanks so much, Kate and Amanda!!

3. Lisa says:

Hi Kate, I love the office space by Stephen, too. It is my sister’s home in Vermont ;)

4. Sandra says:

Thanks for sharing, I love the table. How cute! Looking forward to the twitter party!

5. Love these round ups! Always so inspiring.
    Thanks,
    Kelly

6. Kate Craig says:

I want to copy everything about that big girl room!

7. Thanks as always for sharing these Kate! I can’t stop drooling over Miss Mustard Seed’s counters :-)

8. Kate:

Thanks for sharing that home office makeover I did for Lisa’s sister.

It was one of those makeovers that truly changed the look and “the feel” of the room…

The end result invited you into the space and it became a place you could enjoy going into…

Even as I finished styling that room – I felt the power of what design changes can do for you…It can be a very good thing because design can transport you! That is what I love about design. Change is good (for all of us).

Plus, it doesn’t hurt when the room reflects the happy, positive personality of the person it is designed for. This was a great example of that.

Thanks for sharing this Kate!

PS Hey Lisa when are we making over your room?! :)

9. Cathe Holden says:

Hi Kate! Thanks so much for sharing my Money Rosette. The project is one from my new book, Rosette Art, but the entire project is shown in the latest issue of Inspired Ideas, a digital magazine that is so fun and very affordable. And as mentioned, the link is in the blog post you link to above. Thanks sweet friend! Coffee soon?!

10. Alyssa says:

Wow, thanks so much for sharing the strawberry cake that I made for the strawberry party. :) It was so much fun to make! Jessica Downey did a fabulous job photographing it! :)

Alyssa
    Cuteology Cakes

11. Mama Obito says:

Hi Kate, I stopped by here yesterday from BHG and come back here again today. Just can’t get it enough to read through your articles. Your blog is the answer of my next project in refurbishing my little house. Anyhow, this rounds up is a great overview for me. Thanks for sharing.

12. meg says:

I would love to have an office that warm and inviting.

13. Susan says:

Great round up! Those kitchen counters are beautiful…and the fireplace façade is amazing. Love it!
    Susan