Weekend Reading

January 12, 2013

Hello and happy weekend friends, the sun is shining but I’m spending most of my weekend organizing my office now that the bookcase project is done!  Pics to come this week – meanwhile, here are a few lovely sources of inspiration I stumbled across.

The new Lonny is out and as always it’s filled with beautiful rooms and features.

branches and table in lonny

Emily finished her home office – I just love this bright, fresh, and chic space!

emily henderson office

Have you been to Target lately?  Their new Modern Cottage collection has some really great pieces, I picked up a few aqua vases for myself last week, but I love these other accents too.

target modern cottage collection

houndstooth throw / ottoman / coral vase / lamp / horse / tray / end table

More informative and inspiring posts from the week!

The Best Time to Buy Anything

How to Style Kitchen Countertops

Ten Secrets to a Better Night’s Sleep

5 Tax Deductions for Clever Crafters

Random Acts of Kindness in action

Are you an artist?  Maybe the Sketchbook Project is for you

Never Ever Give Up

Have a great weekend!

kate signature image

12 Responses to “Weekend Reading”

1. Love the office — it looks like it has lots of light!

2. thanks the glimpse into lonny! was just at target today and fell in love with the new stuff!!!!

3. Alison says:

Love the idea of the first pic!!!!!

4. Alice A says:

Kate,
    Looking forward to a new year of projects…and can’ t wait to see your bookcases!
    I was somewhat stunned by the inclusion of an almost lifesize skull prominently
    Displayed on the Lonny cover. Total turn off.I can’ t even imagine a child’s reaction.
    Why? Is this theme one we can expect to see continuing in interiors? If so, I will be
    So sad to see it become acceptable, as it is offensive to me. I wonder how others feel.

Hi Alice, I’m not a fan of skulls either! I do like most of what is featured in Lonny, always creative, that’s for sure. :)

6. I love finding new blogs with fresh ideas to read. I’m off to visiting some of those suggested.
    Have a wonderful Sunday!

7. Danielle Australia says:

Hi Kate,

Been following you from the start. Congrats on your great success!

Have to ask what editing program you use to put together the pics like above and your style boards? Anything special?

8. Dawn says:

Hi, Kate,

Love the blog! The first picture you posted of the lavender on the table in the great chunky pots…..got me thinking that I need to do that. I think I remember that you harvest your own lavender. I know NOTHING about lavender. Can you point me to a post where you discuss it or tell me when a good time of year is to get some? Should I use a dry bunch and put it in a pot or grow it live inside? If it’s dried, how long does the scent last? You get the idea…..

Thank you!
    Dawn

Hi Danielle, if the images have a white background, I make a collage with Picasa, but if I have to cut it out to isolate the object I use Photoshop but this tutorial on Pixlr describes the same method!

Hi Dawn, thanks! Lavender can be grown in certain climates here in the US and it’s grown in Europe too – I’d first find out from a regional nursery if it’s feasible to grow it, and if so, choose the French versions (Provence or Grosso) to give you the same look. It’s a perennial and it blooms in May and Junes. Lavender is dried upside down in bundles so once you harvest it, you hang it out to dry for a few weeks then you can use it decoratively as displayed in that image.

11. Dawn says:

Thank you!

12. Stephanie Jones says:

I had bought the target aqua vases and picture frame for a quick mantle update…..did you see the aqua vase on the Oprah / Lance Armstrong interview? It was on the table between them!!