White Chocolate Mint Fudge

December 5, 2012

I love to make sweet little bites for our Christmas party every year, those tiny little morsels that guests can grab and I don’t have to worry about slicing up portions and serving them formally.  One guaranteed way to satisfy guests’ sweet tooth is with a little fudge, and this is my white chocolate mint version.  It’s less sweet than most fudge recipes and tastes more like cheesecake.

The addition of mint extract gives it a wintery flavor but you can edit it out if you prefer pure chocolate.  It’s incredibly easy to make and it’s one of my favorite treats to serve guests during the holidays!

white chocolate mint fudge recipe

To make this white chocolate mint fudge, here’s what you’ll need:

3 bags 11 oz. white chocolate chips

1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk

6 oz. lowfat cream cheese

1/3 cup sugar

1/2 tsp peppermint extract

nonstick spray

green icing (optional)

8 x 8” glass dish or metal pan

Pour 2 ½ bags of white chocolate chips into double boiler and save ½ bag of chocolate chips for later (or your next batch!).  I don’t own a double boiler so I construct what I label a redneck version of a double boiler which is just a temperature tolerant glass bowl sitting on top of one of my pots filled with 2 cups of water.  It works great!

redneck double boiler

Turn on your burner to bring water to a low boil then reduce to low heat.   Add 1 can of sweetened condensed milk.

sweetened condensed milk

As the white chocolate and condensed milk starts to melt, continually stir it with a fork so it blends then add the cream cheese, sugar, and peppermint extract.

add cream cheese

Continue to stir for 8 to 10 minutes until mixture is fully melted and resembles thick frosting.  Pour the melted mixture into a dish or pan coated with nonstick spray (8 x 8” recommended but I used a 6 x 9” this time) and allow it to cool for 6 hours or overnight.

white chocolate fudge in dish

Once the fudge has cooled and solidified, use a knife to separate the fudge on four sides from the pan or dish and place on a cutting board on wax paper.  Cut the white chocolate fudge into 1”  squares.

fudge in cubes

You can leave the white chocolate fudge plain for a simple and elegant presentation.

plain white chocolate fudge

I like to add some green icing for the season applied with a tip and a decorating bag – it also clues guests in that these have a mint flavor.

green icing

mint white chocolate fudge

If you’re not a fan of mint, no worries!  It’s equally as good if you skip the peppermint extract and prepare the recipe the same way.   Instead, drizzle the white chocolate fudge with melted dark chocolate – beautiful and delicious!

They’re wonderful little nibbles to serve at a party or to give as gifts, especially this time of year.  I guarantee you’ll be making many batches!

white chocolate mint fudge

Download the handy printable version of the recipe here.

*Recipe note:  a few people have had problems with the fudge setting.  I’ve made it many times and haven’t had any problems, just make sure your proportions are correct.  2 ½ bags (or you can use 3 full bags) of white chocolate chips (5 ½  to 6 cups); 1  14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk and no more than 6 ounces of cream cheese, plus sugar and peppermint extract.

. .

Pin It

39 Responses to “White Chocolate Mint Fudge”

1. Judy H says:

This recipe sounds amazing, however, I don’t see in your entry or the recipe where you add the 1/3 cup of sugar. Do you add it with the cream cheese and the peppermint extract?

2. I really need to try this. Our youngest cannot have “true” chocolate due to her migraines, and she sometimes feels left out of all the holiday goodies!

3. Fine House says:

Just printed out a copy of this recipe, can’t wait to try it! Thanks for sharing!

4. This sounds fantastic!

5. Nikki says:

Yum! These look amazing! I will be attempting these in the near future! Thanks!

6. This looks delicious! I don’t usually make fudge, but it’s a great hostess gift because it’s so portable. Pinning this one!!

7. Jenn says:

White Chocolate is my favorite! This sounds delicious.

8. Sara says:

What is your recipe for the icing?

9. Susan says:

I have read this 5 times. When do you add the sugar. Sorry if I missed it.

10. Jennifer says:

That looks so good! I’ll have to try this as soon as I work off last weekend’s fudge ;)

11. Oh yum! This sounds absolutely amazing!

12. StagerLinda says:

Oh, I love that they taste like cheesecake. Gotta try these! Thanks for the recipe. Bet mine don’t cut as pretty as yours did.

13. Jo-Anna says:

Looks so yummy – I love anything mint! Looking forward to your linky tomorrow!
    Jo-Anna

14. Cynthia says:

This looks and sounds so good. Love sweets, which can be bad.

Cynthia

Hello Fine House, be sure to print out the second copy, the first forgot to say “add sugar”! Enjoy!

Hi Susan, so sorry, I typed too fast! You add it when you add the peppermint extract, I fixed the recipe to reflect it~

17. Nancy B says:

Kate , this looks so good. Unfortunately the download button doesn’t appear to be working. Would you please check. Thanks

All fixed Nancy !

19. Sarah says:

This looks ridiculously delicious!
    Sarah

20. Oh my, this looks absolutely wonderful! I love classic fudge and I love white chocolate, but I never thought of pairing the two! I bet it’s really scrumptious! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

21. Sarah G says:

How big a can of sweetened condensed milk do you use? As in, how many ounces is the can. It’s been a while since I’ve picked up sweetened condensed milk, but I know at least for evaporated milk there are multiple can sizes one can get, and I thought I remembered seeing the same for the sweetened condensed milk. Otherwise, definitely looking forward to trying this out. :)

22. totally making these!!! thanks for the tutorial – love the ‘redneck’ solution. ;)

cheers!
    ~H

Hi Sarah, they come in 14 oz. cans, I thought it was standard but I’ll clarify in the Ingredients!

24. Nancy says:

This looks just beautiful on your pedestal plate..I pinned this one!!

25. Bonita says:

Just letting you know that I shared a link to this recipe on my page called National White Chocolate Day: http://www.zujava.com/white-chocolate-day .

26. Yael says:

Amazing!
    i was wondering if it would work wit regular chocolate chips… don’t really like white chocolate…

27. Sheri says:

I made this and it did not set :( .
    I (reluctantly) put it all back in my bain-marie and tried a second time to heat, stir, put into pan and refrigerate. Still no joy! Anyone else have this problem? I have thrown the whole batch into the freezer to try and keep it while I figure out what to try next.
    Any hints?

28. Jen Morris says:

I made this on Monday but misunderstood the recipe – I thought when you said “3 bags 11 oz. white chocolate chips” that it meant 11oz total. Of course the fudge didn’t set enough to cut. So I made chocolate cookies and used it as filling and it was delicious! Just thought that maybe you’d want to specify that it’s 3 x 11oz bags of chocolate chips in case someone else out there is a dummy like me!

Oh no Jen!!!! Yes, it’s 3 full 11 oz. bags of white chocolate chips to buy but you only use 2 1/2 of them….. when I make it again I really should add a picture of the ingredients!

Hi Sheri, I don’t understand why it didn’t, it always does for me! Did you use 2 1/2 of the 3 full bags of chocolate chips? All the same ingredients? It should be pretty firm!

31. Cam says:

Do you recommend refrigerating this or keeping at room temperature once it is finished?

It can be kept at room temperature for 48 hours, longer than that I’d refrigerate.

33. Molly says:

Hi! I just got home from the store and ready to make it when I realize I forgot the cream cheese. :(
    Is it an absolute must?
    Thanks in advance!

Hi Molly, I suppose you could make it without but the cream cheese is what gives it that cheesecake like flavor. Try it and tell me how it goes!

35. Tori chauvin says:

Mine did not set either. it’s delicious, but it didnt set. i followed the directions to the t. not sure what happened. I’ll refrigerate it and see if that helps.

36. Lee says:

I followed the recipe exactly and it did not set. Too bad, in the bin it goes.

37. phyl says:

Merry Christmas! Mine did not set either, but is otherwise wonderful tasting. I followed all directions and double checked sizes after you provided them. Any suggestions from anyone for using up this yummy but soft mixture?

I’m sorry you had a problem with it Lee, others have written the same. Please see my note at the bottom, I haven’t had the problem at all but I do think the proportions are really important.

39. Tasha says:

For those of you whose version did not set, I’d check the type of chocolate chips you are using. Some (like the Kirkland brand at Costco) are made with chocolate liqueur which doesn’t harden back up well after melting.