Christmas Craft Party Highlights

December 16, 2012

Hello all and happy weekend to you.  I was looking through the links from the Holiday Craft Link Party and there were so many lovely ideas, I just had to share these inspiring projects.

30 inspiring christmas crafts cg

Stitch retro fabric Christmas light ornaments with Our Family Four.

retro fabric christmas light ornaments ourfamilyfour

Make a wall merry like this charming display of a tree farm sign wall by Creek Line House.

tree farm inspired sign wall creeklinehouse

This oversized JOY sign welcomes guests for the season, project by Love of Family and Home.

joy sign loveoffamilyandhome

How festive is this bow wreath by Design Improvised?

bow wreath design improvised

Taryn at Design, Dining, and Diapers painted these lovely Christmas towels.

christmas tea towels designdininganddiapers

Turn a picture frame into a boxwood wreath with tips by House by Hoff.

boxwood wreath housebyhoff

An old light fixture becomes a pretty holiday cloche at B and B Build a Life.

lamp to cloche bandbbuildalife

Here’s a great Anthro knockoff, a tufted wool wreath by It’s Overflowing.

tufted wool wreath itsoverflowing

I love these unique paper drums by Shabby Sweet Cottage.

paper drums shabbysweetcottage

Craft sparkling glittered pinecones with an easy technique by Making Lemonade.

diy glittered pinecones makinglemonade

Wood shims are the base for this festive Christmas star by Ode to My Abode.

christmas star odetomyabode

Craft a pretty paper snowflake wreath like this one with One Kreiger Chick.

paper snowflake wreath onekriegerchick

Kristin at the Hunted Interior made fur trimmed stockings from leftover fabric scraps.

fabric scrap stockings huntedinterior

Turn plastic toys into paper animal ornaments with Pleasure in Simple Things.

paper animal ornaments pleasureinsimplethings

A pretty glitter nativity adds sparkle to the mantel at Hymns and Verses.

glitter nativity hymnsandverses

Make stenciled gift wrap with tips from Yummy Mummy Club.

stenciled gift wrap yummy mummy club

Craft simple birch paper candle holders with inexpensive supplies, tutorial at Homespun With Love.

birch candle holders homespunwithlove

Sweet paper bags and stamped numbers combine for a simple advent calendar by Feeling Lovesome.

simple advent feelinglovesome

These beautiful snowflake cookies look almost too pretty to eat!  Almost.  Recipe and decorating tips at Worth Pinning.

snowflake cookies worthpinning

Scrabble tiles make clever seasonal word ornaments with a simple tutorial by Dimples and Tangles.

scrabble ornaments dimples and tangles

A scroll saw and tips from Grandpa helped Jessica make a cutout reindeer at Four Generations One Roof.

cutout reindeer fourgenerationsoneroof

Speaking of reindeer, recreate the whole group with hand and foot shapes like this reindeer art wall by Marisa Howard Designs.

reindeer wall marisahowarddesign

I love the simplicity of these burlap stamped ornaments by Bliss Bloom blog.

stamped burlap ornaments

Vintage ornaments + an old screen door = a fun ornament tree focal point at The Ivy Cottage.

vintage ornament tree ivy cottage

Make a peppermint striped yarn monogram with Texas Life Blog.

yarn monogram texaslifeblog

I love the color in Cassie’s glittery snowflake wreath!

glitter snowflake wreath hisugarplum

Clay makes the loveliest gift tags like these versions by La Maison Jolie.

clay tags lamaisonjolie

Make frosted twig trees for a snowy vignette with a how-to over at Brightly Inspired.

twig frosted trees brightly inspired

Craft glitter crown napkin holders for your holiday table with Elegant Nest.

glitter crown napkin holder elegant nest

Attach your holiday cards to a snowy wreath like Donna’s from Funky Junk Interiors.

christmas card wreath funkyjunkinteriors

And 650+ more holiday craft projects are right here to inspire you for this year or next!  Thanks so much to everyone who participated, it’s a lot of fun to see what everyone creates each year!

kate signature image

Pin It

29 Responses to “Christmas Craft Party Highlights”

1. I feel so honored to have my painted hand towels included in your beautiful round-up! I just adore all of the projects you featured. Thank you so much Kate and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

2. Thanks, Kate, for including my Christmas Star in your collection! What a nice surprise. Merry Christmas to you!

3. Such lovely, wonderful and creative ideas! Doesn’t the wonder of this season just shine.
    Thanks!

4. Thank you so much for featuring our reindeer :) I told my gramps and he said, “so what does that mean?” ha. Some seriously beautiful projects you shared, I feel kind of honored to have been included!

5. Thank you so much for featuring our Cloche! So honored, and this might be the best birthday gift I’ve gotten today! (Bill’s present is stuck on a UPS truck somewhere… oops!)

6. Ann V. says:

This is one of my favorite posts this season!!! I love every one of these Christmas ideas!!

7. April Hoff says:

THANK YOU for featuring my square boxwood wreath! I’m super-excited! :)

8. Hi Kate, Thank you for featuring my clay gift tags! Truly honoured Xx rani

9. Kate! Wow! I’m truly speechless! Thank you for featuring my frosted twig trees! Big smiles (and hugs) from this girl!
    -Shayna

10. Thank you so much Kate for featuring my tufted wreath. Merry Christmas to you and your precious family! XO, Aimee

11. There is so much loveliness in this one post! I think I may just bookmark the page and admire it over and over again year-round….while making some of the projects, of course!

12. Karen says:

Than You Kate for featuring my drums. I’m so honored to be included along with all of these talented ladies. Merry Christmas!

13. Well hello…I recognize that glitter wreath! Thanks, kate! Aren’t you just shocked by all the crazy talent out there?!?!!? why can’t all of us live on the same street and get together for these big craft sessions!!??

14. What a delightful surprise! Thanks so much for featuring our Scrabble Tile ribbon ornaments. I’m seeing all kinds of great projects to pin in this line-up!

15. Sofia says:

Beautiful, I love the home made signs, it kind of gives a ski chalet vibe over it.

16. Brenda J. M says:

Beautiful collections of lovely items, each and every one. So many ways to enjoy the holiday suited to our own likes. That’s as it should be…….BUT HOW DO I CHOOSE! haha… I kinda like em’ all.
    Cheers,

17. Beth says:

Thanks for a post filled with beautiful things to remind us that life can be beautiful. When terrible things happen, I like to make something pretty to give to someone else. Thanks for all the great ideas. Happy holidays to you and your family.

18. Thanks for sharing the stockings Kate! I made one for my hubs too… but he said it was too girly. He’d much rather use his cut out felt stocking with glitter puffy paint :) Great line up!!
    xo-K

19. Thanks for sharing my Glitter Crowns! Out of 650 amazing craft ideas its awesome to see mine featured here this morning! Heading back to browse more links for more inspiration. Have a great day!

20. Doreen says:

Kate,

I was just checking my blog stats and saw this amazing bounce in traffic! Then I saw where it was coming from and quick popped over here! Thank you so much for featuring my nativity! I feel honored! There were so many wonderful ideas shared at the party and now I have a list of new things I want to make (but, maybe will wait til next year!!) Have a Very Merry Christmas!

21. Ahh! I am in overload by all the crafty holiday goodness! It is like I need to remind 6 weeks so I can do all of these crafts! Insteand, maybe I should just pick one. Like that reindeer wall. Just get outta here, it’s so darn cute!

22. Rugger says:

Great round up. I loved them all.

23. What an honor to have my bow wreath included along with all these awesome ideas! I have had a ton of fun participating in both the fall and holiday link-up parties you’ve hosted – thanks so much! Looking forward to next year ;)

24. Lovely! Fabulous collection. And thank-you so much for featuring my wreath! I’m honoured to be in the lineup!

25. Nancy says:

Thanks to all of you talented ladies out there for the great ideas you share with everyone!!

26. Ariean says:

Thank you so much for featuring my Snowflake Wreath! I am truly honored to be chosen as one of your 30 inspiring ideas…Still in shock, actually! There were so many fun ideas. Merry Christmas! :)

27. Melanie says:

What a beautiful round-up! Thank you SO much for featuring my stamped burlap ornaments. Truly an honor. Have a wonderful rest of the week!

28. Thank you sooooo much Kate, for featuring my Reindeer Wall! Love the other great creative ideas you featured as well!
    Marisa.

29. Richard says:

Brilliant inspriration ideas here, particularly a fan of the holiday cloche and the paper animals!