Best of 2012

December 27, 2012

Only a few days left till we turn the calendar and start another year…and time for that end of the year roundup.  It’s interesting to look back on the year and see just how much changed in our world, we kept busy!  I posted a Top Ten at the end of every month and then narrowed it down to my four most favorite projects/posts by month.

January:

best of jan 2012

lacquer lookalikes; painted nightstand; stamped tea towels; lavender sea salt scrub

February:

best of feb 2012

four dollar side tables; polishing and faking brass hardware; tufted sofa fairy tale; kelly green campaign desk

March:

best of march 2012

how to paint a kitchen table; painted built ins; diy pet bowl stand; clay petal vase

April:

best of april 2012

organized paints;  diy makeup brush holder; wood shim planter box; gold leaf desk chair

May:

best of may 2012

alma project playroom and project details; the rocky bucket planter; mosaic tile planter; tiered lettuce garden

June:

best of june 2012

our blue balcony; the dog eared pages solution;  we built a window seat; build a high heel shoe rack

July:

best of july 2012

alma project kitchen remodel; building the X base table; IKEA Vittsjo shelving hack; white + wood chest

August

best of august 2012

computer armoire makeover; organizing the junk drawerrugs in our home; two weeks to a greener lawn.

September:

best of sept 2012

fall mantel; painted piano; navy + coral bedroom; throw a wine tasting party

October:

best of oct 2012

shelter kitchen remodel; favorite gray paint colors; window seat cushion cover; making digital abstract art

November:

best of nov 2012

French linen console; ogee edge wood countertops; ring top panels; painted herringbone pattern

December:

best of dec 2012

Merry and bright mantel; blue and white Christmas tree;  clay ornaments + craft link party; holiday home tour.

You can catch up on each month’s Top Ten here:  January / February / March / April / May / June / July / August / September / October / November

Linking up to Rhoda’s “Best of” party.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year, be back on January 2nd!

23 Responses to “Best of 2012”

1. What a beautiful round-up of amazing projects! Kate you always amaze me with your work, I love your style and everything looks so classy and expensive. I think my two favorite months from above are February and July. What a great year at Censtational Girl, looking forward to what you have in store for 2013!

2. federova says:

Amazing! My favorite it’s September :P

3. Lisa H. says:

Hello! I just have to compliment you on your fabulous taste. I love reading your blog! I had a quick question regarding your holiday home tour. I was wondering where you got the “golden state” artwork hung near the pink and blue Christmas tree. I was also curious about the abstract art in the picture with the brass scale. If you wouldnt mind sharing, Id really appreciate it. Looking forward to seeing your projects in the New Year!

Hi Lisa, thanks so much! The abstracts I painted but the ‘golden state’ print is from this Etsy shop:

5. WRECKD says:

WOW, it amazes me all you have accomplished in one short year!

6. Lauren says:

Wow wow wow! Sooo many gorgeous things! I love love your style and am feeling verrry inspired!! Thank you!

7. Your Christmas tree and mantle were absolutely beautiful! Love the colors!

8. Julia says:

Amazing…you worked a lot. What a great year! Congratulations and Happy New Year…Julia

9. April Hoff says:

Whew! What a busy year! Beautiful, beautiful, aaaannnd beautiful! :)

10. This was a joyous year!

11. Ellya says:

Wow, what an year you had. Congrats and I hope 2013 will treat you even better!

12. Love May and August, but I’m a sucker for lots of color :) Also loved the colors you chose for Christmas. Everything is stunning. Have a Happy New Year!

13. Sensational. And I love blue as much as you! Happy New Year.

14. Sarah says:

Sigh..it’s all beautiful- just beautiful!

15. Nancy says:

A great year for you Kate..Thanks for sharing it all with us!!

16. Sofia says:

Great idea with the DIY pet bowl stand. Happy new year!

17. lauren says:

Hey Kate! Where did you get all the beautiful xmas decor on your bookshelves in the family room? I ADORE the arrangment you did.

Thanks, and happy new year!
    Lauren

18. Kate Lewis says:

I wish I had that much to show for 2012! Thanks for sharing with us!

19. Bettsi says:

Wow, Kate! So impressive- I don’t know how you accomplish so much. It’s not just the sheer volume, but the fact that it is all so beautiful! Your blog is one of my absolute favorites.

20. Judy says:

You are such an inspiration! And you have such sticky blog posts – I find myself going from post to post and an hour or two goes by of me admiring all your projects. I absolutely love the guidance you provide to help others, including the less experienced like myself, try to mimic your cool makeovers.

Thanks for sharing and please never stop :) Happy New Year!

Judy (AKA CleaningJunkie)

21. debtgirl says:

lovely! really great ideas

22. What a Centsational year it’s been. I’m such a fan. I can’t say enough good about your amazing style! Happy new year to one of my favorite bloggers!

Warmly, Michelle
    Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust

23. Well done Kate! I am really impressed by your classic projects. The pictures are amazing certainly because the things inside them are classy and attractive. Nice work, keep it up!