Silver + Gold Tablescape

November 1, 2012

I was asked by Wayfair to partake in their Holiday Tablescape Challenge and I was happy to be one of the many bloggers setting pretty tables this year as part of their campaign.   I’ve always loved mixing metallic finishes especially during the holidays, so I did on this table too, inspired by a fresh geometric fabric I found which combines gold and silver together.

silver gold mixed place setting

I set a table with versatile place settings that will work for several holidays from a Thanksgiving feast to a New Year’s Day brunch.

gold and silver tablescape

gold with silver place setting

gold and silver table

For Thanksgiving, simply swap out the glittery tree in the middle for a bowl of pumpkins instead.

pumpkins in gold bowl

Here are a few more shots of the table with the complimentary Wayfair products I received for this tablescape listed below.

silver gold place setting

grocery store flowers in goblet vase

silver and gold holiday place setting

silver and gold holiday place setting

List of items used on the table:

Products from Wayfair:

gold chargers + square white plate + goblet vases + gold flower ornaments

Fabric tablecloth:  Dwell Studio for Robert Allen at Tonic Living

Threshold Twig accent plates and glitter tree:  Target (in stores)

Gold twist basket:  Joss & Main

To follow the tablescape challenge, check the Wayfair blog. and all of the tablescapes will be posted on the Holiday Challenge Pinterest board too.

Are you all getting excited for the holiday season?

Here it comes!

Tags: , ,

34 Responses to “Silver + Gold Tablescape”

1. Kimm says:

I love! I’m so excited to be back at blogging just in time for my favorite season!

2. Allison says:

Beautiful Kate! Classy and elegant.

3. Sarah says:

I love this tablescape {especially the tablecloth} and I am so happy that holiday posts are starting. This is my favourite time of year to decorate.

4. gorgeous! i love it! great find on the fabric

5. very pretty! love a mix of silver and gold!

6. Beautiful! And I love that they are from Wayfair! I actually just found that site (how did that happen? where have I been?) and am in love with it! I love how you mixed metallics. I like anything sparkly so I am always good for adding more sparkle!

7. Amanda Eck says:

holy free-holies!! Kate this is breathtaking!!!!! Your best tablescape to date!! WOW!

8. Absolutely gorgeous!

9. Debbie says:

So pretty! I might even paint some of the mini-pumpkins gold and silver to go with your beautiful mixed-metal scheme.

10. brooke says:

So pretty! Gorgeous table! I was just eyeballing those plates over at Target! I love the bird plates they have too!
    Brooke
    onprairiehill.blogspot.com

11. Elizabeth says:

I love your tablescape! Metallics never go out of style, especially at this time of year.

12. Jennifer says:

I love it! I’m planning on doing a silver and gold scheme in my dining room this Christmas so this is great inspiration!

13. Joyce says:

I want to thank you for a great site. I like that you teach us about decorating. God knows I could use all the help I can get! A lot of blogs are about their house, kids, talents and opnions. I learn a lot here. Thanks again!

14. carol jane says:

Love the napkin rings. Where are they from?

15. This is a gorgeous tablescape Kate! I like the holiday versatility of it also. Stunning as always ;)

16. You had me at “mixing the metallics.” Your tablescape is just beautiful and would be perfect for a Christmas gathering or for New Year’s.

Now I’m singing with Burl Ives: “Silver and gold, silver and gold, everyone wishes for silver and gold. . . “

17. Just gorgeous…have always loved the combination of gold and silver…i love how you changed a few items to switch from one “event” to another…brilliant…i so love the medallion over the napkin…so very chic….Your table is just perfection!!

18. Love! So elegant. xo Kristin

19. MelanieL says:

This is gorgeous, I love that color combination as well! The ability to carry it over for each holiday really makes it unique.

20. Debra says:

Beautiful – but I always learned that the knife should be facing the plate in a proper table setting….

Ha! Thanks Debra, good to know! I’m just proud I got it in the right place :)

Hey Richella, that song goes through my head too – I was humming it as I set the table… one of my Christmas favorites :)

23. Kristen says:

Love it! You just keep inspiring me Kate!

24. this is a color combo that I just love! so festive and cool!

25. Gorge! I repinned those photos…should have known you did it all on your own. ; )

26. Rugger says:

Love it. Just perfect.

27. I adore that this tablescape is versatile for different holidays. The gold and silver are so beautiful together! Nice work!

28. Love the silver and gold! They make all place settings looks so classy and elegant!

29. Love the inspiration Kate. This table is gorgeous!!! I can’t wait to check out all of your holiday ideas over the next few months. :)

30. Love your tablescape Kate! Its so versatile, and at this time of the year when holidays are tripping over each other, its great to have something that will work for so many occasions.

31. Shirley says:

The napkins and plates are really pretty and I’m drawn to the gold shimmer tree! I adore the tablecloth too. Okay, it’s all lovely! I am a big fan of silver and gold. When done carefully they pull of the most stunning, classy look. I’ve had my eye on silver and gold this season for sure!

Shirley

32. Benji says:

I love everything about this table setting. It has a nice shimmer although I would have liked to see gold flatware though. BTW I always get the knife wrong in a place setting too.

33. Vel says:

It is sooo pretty! The table cover really tied everything together! Great job Kate!

34. Chris says:

This is the BEST tablescape I have seen this year! Love it so much. Great job and thanks for all the great inspiration…