Friday Finds

October 26, 2012

Hello hello and happy weekend!  Today it’s another roundup of my Friday Finds which include favorite articles from the past week – enjoy this collection of posts I found interesting or informative.

Let’s talk color!  Here are ten hot Pantone inspired colors that decorators adore.

hot colors decorators adore

Take a peek at some of the color trends from High Point Market.

high point color trends

There is value in unrealized work – what does your sketchbook hold?

unrealized work sketch

Sometimes it’s just the little things… I grab sushi at the local market a few times a month, and I’m loving these dipped chopsticks that I recently bought.green dipped chopsticks

The Princess Bride  celebrated its 25th anniversary this year – inconceivable!  I recall seeing this movie in the theater as a young teen and it’s been a favorite ever since.  Don’t miss Nathan’s clever series of Princess Bride illustrations.

princess bride

Are you missing the point?  For even more laughs, get caught up on the adventures of Gary and Elaine at Catalog Living.

missing the point

Matt bought me an iPad for my birthday last month (#totallyaddicted) and now I yearn for a drop down tablet cradle in my kitchen like this one

adorn track lighting tablet cradle

I got lost in Clark Little’s photography this week, how are these images even possible?  Amazing!

clark little images

Let’s talk food.  We loved our first fried Thanksgiving turkey last year and I’m looking forward to it again next month.  It’s a great alternative to a traditional roast bird – here’s a video on how to deep fry a turkey if you’d like to try it too.  (All the fried Thanksgiving turkey peeps in the house, raise your hand!)

deep fried turkey

And speaking of food, one thing is true.  Matt makes the best scrambled eggs I’ve ever tasted and they’ve been dubbed “Uncle Matt’s Famous Eggs”.   He avoids 4 of these 5 scrambled egg mistakes (he doesn’t believe in the whisk, but everything else, yes).

scrambled egg mistakes

Other articles I enjoyed this week:

“Trend” is not a four letter word

One way to resist temptation

Ten ingredients to make your soup more delicious.

Two strong women who are political foes but remain the best of friends.

How can you not love Dolly

Ten habits to strengthen your relationship with your child.

Being unreachable = more productivity.

swirl

Wishing you all a great weekend!  Another round of ‘Best of the Blogosphere’ coming up on Sunday featuring your great posts and amazing DIY projects, see you then!

kate signature image

16 Responses to “Friday Finds”

1. Gina says:

now craving scrambled eggs!

2. Natalie says:

Fried turkey rocks! Can’t wait for turkey day! Love those fun pillows from High Point Market! Thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend!

3. Awesome list!! I’m hosting Thanksgiving this year (woohoo!) and my inlaws offered to fry a turkey for me. Yes! We love fried turkey. :)

4. Great links here. I am excited to read about them. Have a great weekend!

5. We are fried turkey peeps too. we actually inject ours with Italian dressing the day before & it is ah-mazing!!

6. Laura says:

Love the iPad cradle. Now I have to figure out how I can get that system in my house!!

7. I need the ipad holder, too! I’m constantly using it for recipes and I get messy fingers all over it. : )

8. BornInaZoo says:

I fried turkey for 5 Thanksgivings in a row (and a few other occasional times in between). I use The Pioneer Woman’s turkey brine. Last year I had to roast it because the turkey I get from work every year was too large for the fryer and it was raining outside.

9. Sharon says:

Kate,

The deep fried turkeys are so good, I have never done a bird this way myself. But….Thanksgiving… WOW …love all the food! Family and friends,too.

I have another question, so not related…I have a sofa I love….still very comfortable, just tired of it…I am pratical so thinking a slip cover….any leads…or should I have it recovered??

Love Love Love your site for about 4 years now??

Sharon

Hi Sharon, it depends on the sofa but yes you can have a slipcover made or recover it, I’d look for local experts in your area!

11. Oh the picture of the pillows just made me swoon! I have always been a sucker for those colors and now those patterns! That looks like a little bit of heaven to drop into!

12. Cyndy says:

Wow Kate!! Loving all of the resources, articles and eye candy. So much great stuff! Have a great weekend girl!

13. Maura says:

You never fail. Your blog is hands down my favorite. And I love the new Friday Finds. Thanks for all the inspiration!

14. Nancy says:

Next month will be our first try at deep fried turkey for Thanksgiving..Thanks for the video Kate!!

15. Jan says:

I always add milk or better yet, cream if I have it on hand (don’t always), to scrambled eggs, and sometimes a tablespoon of mayo (NOT Miracle Whip). There is no separation if the eggs are not overcooked and low heat is used. Patience is a virtue when cooking luscioussilky-textured scrambled eggs. But some people like their eggs aking to the texture (and look) of used tire rubber, in which case, do not use milk or cream or mayo. Julia Child NEVAH overcooked her scrambled eggs :)

16. I love the color on the first photograph, is it a charcoal gray of some kind or a plum, I am not a gray person, but I really like the mixture of the dark walls with the animal print yellowish armchair, the white fireplace and the chalk color sectional, it does look fabulous.

Thanks for great posts, have a good Sunday

decogirlmontreal