BOTB 10.14.12

October 14, 2012

Sunday greetings all, it’s ‘Best of the Blogosphere’ day where Amanda and I team up and compare notes on the noteworthy spaces and projects we’ve scouted over the last two weeks!  Enjoy this roundup of creativity we’ve gathered up for you this weekend.

This wallpapered breakfast nook by Cristin at Simplified Bee belongs on the pages of a magazine with its modern and cheerful green and white palette.

breakfast nook simplified bee

Mrs. Limestone’s much anticipated annual Halloween decorations are a Wicked Oz theme this year on display at their Brooklyn home.

brooklyn limestone wizard of oz theme

A $15 bowl on clearance at HomeGoods becomes a chic light fixture in the hands of Julia at Cuckoo 4 Design blog.

15 bowl turned fixture cuckoo4design

Turn two side-by-side Hemnes cabinets into a custom built in hutch with Erin’s smart IKEA hack at A Charming Nest.

hemnes built ins a charming nest

Upgrade an ordinary IKEA metal cabinet with a faux aged steel finish inspired by Restoration Hardware with Simplicity in the South.

gunmetal finish simplicityinthesouth

Wood grain filler may be just the product you’re looking for if painting oak is in your future, see how Jenny filled her wood cabinet doors over at Little Green Notebook.

fill heavy wood grain littlegreennotebook

Y’all know I’m a huge fan of marbled paper, so I was excited to see this how-to for marbled placemats over at Ruffled blog.

diy marbled placemats ruffled blog

Hello fabulous gold leaf paper mache bowls!  Project by Kelli Murray.

gold leaf paper mache bowls kellimurray

Kelly at Fabulous K used spray paint and straight sewing pins to make mod mini pearl studded pumpkins.

black pumpkins fabulous k

Chez Larsson proves the transformative power of colorful craft paint with her simple painted dessert plates.

painted plates chez larsson

An old 80’s glass pane fixture gets upcycled into a one-of-a-kind mirror in the hands of Sarah and David.

diy mirror sarahmdorsey

Got a space or project you’d like considered for this series?  Be sure to send it our way to [email protected].   Thanks as always Amanda for your contributions this week, you can always catch up with Amanda at her blog Serenity Now.

Enjoy your Sunday friends!

kate signature image

15 Responses to “BOTB 10.14.12”

1. Julia says:

Hi Kate,
    Thank you so much for including me into this weeks BOTB. So much great stuff! That Halloween display is so awesome and I’ve already been in love with Sarah’s mirror!
    Thanks again!

2. Erin says:

Hi Kate and Team,
    Thanks so much for including my hutch in your list of features. I love you blog and am a huge fan!
    Erin from {a charming nest}

3. Awww, what a nice surprise! I’m thrilled you guys selected my little nook for you BOTB series.

xo,
    cristin

4. Shannon Fox says:

With so many fabulous blogs.. t’s hard to catch them all. Love seeing things I might otherwise have missed. Great collection!

5. Aunt Ruthie says:

Hi Kate! I just wanted to thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for leaving such a sweet comment! And thank you for hosting the fall decorating linky party! It was so much fun to see all of the gorgeous decorating ideas! Your blog is jam-packed with beautiful inspiration! I’ll be back!!
    ~Aunt Ruthie
    Sugar Pie Farmhouse
    Branson, Missouri

6. Thanks Kate. Your site is inspirational for me!

7. Vel says:

thanks for wonderful round-up as always Kate!

8. Kelly says:

Hi Kate! Thank you for featuring my pumpkins on this addition of BOTB! Now I’m off to explore the other links you posted. Hope you had a lovely weekend!!

9. Megan says:

I’m about to check out the details of several of your BOTB finds this week. Amazing job – I see a bunch of pins coming out of this weeks post!

10. Hi Kate and Amanda! Thanks so much for including our 80’s glass pane fixture to mirror in this week’s BOTB!! xo, Sarah

11. Love the collection of inspiration. Especially the studded pumpkins…adorable , and the bowl/repurposed chic lighting fixture. Love it thinking outside the box.That mirror is stunning.

Michelle

12. Oh I love the wallpaper from simplified bee! I have not seen that post, so fun! My second favorite is the halloween decor from Brooklyn :)

13. Barbara says:

I think I agree with Jessica, but the “built in” Ike’a hutch is pretty wonderful too!

14. Sarah {20 State} says:

So excited to see Simplicity in the South here, such an awsome new blog!

15. Dina says:

Oooh, I love the green and white wall paper! Thanks for sharing all your fun finds with us!