BOTB 9.16.12

September 16, 2012

Yesterday was so much fun!  We had a blast at a local Wine Country event and then attended a throwback 80s party later in the day, complete with a DJ playing classic tunes, a favorite film from the decade, and everyone wearing their college alma mater singing old school songs, good times!

It’s ‘Best of the Blogosphere’ day, and like always Amanda and I round up our favorite picks we’ve spied out in blogland. Enjoy these gorgeous spaces and inspiring projects we’ve collected over the past two weeks.

There’s a new gray and white bathroom over at 4Men1Lady and its remodel includes some clever concealed cabinets and a step stool too.

remodeled bath 4men1lady

We’re crazy about this stylish gray plus green teen boy’s room over at Simple Details.

teen boys room

Holly Mathis kitchen shines with new upgrades and a sophisticated neutral palette.

kitchen holly mathis

Sheet metal, a farmhouse table, and a few power tools combine to make this incredible zinc tabletop over at Van Hook and Co.

diy zinc tabletop van hook and co

Make this West Elm inspired headboard with… you’ll never guess … rubber doormats!  Tutorial by Kara Pasley.

west elm inspired headboard

Did you know you that stencils are not just for paint?  They’re for stain too!  The Ambitious Procrastinator shares her tricks with this stenciled dresser.

stencil stain theambitousprocrastinator

Ana White’s new book will be available soon and The Handmade Home constructed a beautiful hutch for the publication.  Reserve your copy today!

the handmade home hutch via ana white plans

This is one impressive fireplace makeover!  Yet another magical transformation by The Lettered Cottage.

fireplace makeover tlc

Don’t replace it, instead paint your fan so it blends with the ceiling!  Via Pretty Handy Girl.

painted ceiling fan prettyhandygirl

Don’t we all want to hang out in an indoor hammock like this one featured at Cakies?

indoor hammock mycakies

Inspired by a high end version, Nikki turned a tire into a rope ottoman.

tire to rope ottoman thatwasawhat

Ashli from Mini Manor built a clever DIY hose storage rack for less than $20.

hose stand maillardville manor

Dabney at Apartment Therapy actually lived an experience on my bucket list, buying a Kilim rug in Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar.

kilim apttherapy

I’m always so impressed by the ingenuity and creativity out there in the blogosphere!  Thanks Amanda as always for helping me scout some of these picks, you can catch up with Amanda at her blog Serenity Now.  If you’d like your space, project, or post considered for this series, send it our way to [email protected]

Enjoy your Sunday!

kate signature image

23 Responses to “BOTB 9.16.12”

1. kelly says:

Love all your picks! So much great inspiration.

2. Thank you so much, Kate & Amanda ~ I’m beyond thrilled to be included with those creative projects!! ‘Detail Boy’ even knows who Centsational Girl is, and I can see his sheepish little grin when I share the news!

3. I love the headboard! I have drooled over that West Elm headboard for years and never bit the bullet – now I don’t have to!

4. I LOVE that kitchen! It is so bright and airy and just plain lovely. Great post.

5. Nikki Kelly says:

Yay! I’m so glad you like my stained cabinet doors, and thank you so much for the feature. I’m off to check out that fireplace transformation, I’ve got a doozie.

Nikki Kelly @ the ambitious procrastinator

6. That headboard is super creative – I really love how it turned out!! I might have to keep it in my inspiration files when I tackle our guest bedroom.

7. Sarah says:

So many inspiring spaces. Love that bathroom and the fireplace!

8. Thanks so much for featuring our zinc tabletop tutorial! We are always excited to see our work get noticed and are very honored to be included in your post….loving some of the other things I see here. The fireplace is awesome. The tire turned ottoman is great as well…

9. The rubber mats turned headboard is absolutely amazing! I’m definitely thinking I’m gonna have to try that!

10. would love a hammock in my living room!!!! that rocks

11. Jennifer says:

I absolutely love that kitchen!

12. Carmel says:

Great features as always – love Pam’s son’s room and that tire turned ottoman is flat out genius!

13. Inspired says:

The teen boy’s room is magazine worthy. Pam’s talent and eye are always amazing to me.

14. Lori says:

The grey and green teen’s room is somehow modern, cool and classic all at the same time. The mirror made from a ladder in this room is genius.

15. SO many great finds!! I am in love with that stenciled dresser, what a fun idea!

16. Love that bathroom!! That tile looks amazing. All of these projects look killer!

17. awe thanks for the sweet bloggy love, friends! ;} and I can’t wait to read all about those rugs! DROOOOOOL!

18. how2home says:

LOVE your round ups! I’m totally in love with 4men1lady’s new bathroom. So bright and clean. LOVE IT!

19. how2home says:

20. Kara Paslay says:

Hey Kate and Amanda! Thanks for including my project in this round up! So much talent out there in the blog world!!! Loved all of these projects! Thanks for showing them off! :)

21. Ashli says:

WOW!!! Thank you so much for featuring our hose holder!!!!
    Lots of Love
    Ashli

22. I just love the stenciled dresser!

23. Obviously I’m a little behind the blog times, commenting weeks after you posted this. My favorites are the boy’s bedroom and the hutch…. that color is YUMMY. Thanks for an awesome series!