How to Build a High Heel Shoe Rack

June 25, 2012

All the ladies who love shoes, raise your hands!

Friends, I’d like to share with you my first project for HGTV is now online – it’s a two tiered high heel shoe rack I built from wood and dowel rods for my heels and painted in a fabulous shade of raspberry pink.

how to build a high heel shoe rack

To read the full tutorial on how to make one for your own closet, check out how to build a shoe rack over at HGTV.  And for 24 more ideas, check out this post on 25 ways to store shoes in your closet

Thanks HGTV for featuring this project!

Pin It

27 Responses to “How to Build a High Heel Shoe Rack”

1. vel says:

great tutorial! amazing as always! :-)

2. Shannon Fox says:

Super darling. The color just makes it! I’ll have to check out that link. I need some flip flop storage ;) That’s more up my alley. lol

3. This is great! I need to make one for my flip flops. ;)

4. Judy says:

Love the rack…and love your shoes!!

5. CeCe says:

Long time reader, but hardly ever post, but I just had to say….I LOVE YOUR SHOES!!!

6. Holy mama! The shoe rack is great BUT those teal wedges are TO DIE FOR!!!

7. Amanda Eck says:

ok seriously!!??!! This is beyond awesome! and loving the pop of pink!

Thanks Amanda, I love it too!

9. YOU GO!!! haha I put together a Closetmaid shoe rack a few weeks ago and thought I was amazing. (I’m crafty, not so handy with tools usually). Love the raspberry!!

…I might have to try this.

10. Ann says:

Love the pink in there…
    Thanks for sharing,
    every lady needs at least one heels rack.

11. Jamie says:

You are truly centsational!! Love the high heel rack!

12. Cindy Miller says:

This is so fun! When I came back from Haven Conference all pumped up to build or paint something, my husband suggested we redo our closet. Now I have ideas and inspiration. Thank!

13. Wag Doll says:

In addition to making this gorgeous shoe rack, please can I have your shoe collection?!

14. Gracie says:

That right there is very creative. I love it!

– Gracie

15. This rack is amazing!

16. Kate Bryan says:

Looks like I might need one of those for myself. Thanks for sharing that

17. Norra says:

Thanks for the tutorial! I’ll be forwarding this to my boyfriend to try and build lol.

18. Chloe says:

This couldn’t have come at a better time! I’ve just cleared out lots of old pairs of shoes and was looking at my heels wondering how to store them. I sat down to have a break and check my favourite blogs and this is the first thing that pops up! Thank you!

19. how2home says:

This is such a fabulous idea! I should have thought about doing this shoe rack myself before purchasing my pax wardrobe! If you didn’t use pink as your color, what is another color you would have chosen? Great post Amanda!

20. Pretttttty! (Not just the rack!)

21. GREAT instructions … and love the raspberry color! p.s. Out of the 25 inspirational pics, yours was def my fave :)

22. Barbara says:

No wonder the house is a mess! You’re spending all your time on this darling closet and even MORE time shopping for shoes!! Yes, I hate returning from a trip, especially when my husband had been left in charge of housekeeping for a few things. Does he really eat on the floor!? The travertine sure looks like it!

23. Barbara says:

Good thing my husband won’t read this! Maybe he wouldn’t understand it, with all the typo’s!

24. I see several pairs of shoes I would like shipped to VA, please. ;) Love the shoe rack, and I really love that you chose to paint it a fun color. It stands out in a good way!

25. Cass says:

Love the raspberry color; it’s so very fresh and fun! I am also loving your shoes…girl you have great taste! :)

26. Jennifer says:

woohoo this is right up my alley !! LOVE LOVE LOVE it !

27. Janell says: