Mother’s Day Memory Jars

April 20, 2012

Hello hello all and happy weekend!  I have a fun project to share with you that’s perfect for Mother’s Day, one that I created for my own Mom with some old time black and white photos.  Today over at West Elm’s blog Front + Main you can find my how to on transforming bathroom stacked apothecary containers into personalized memory jars.

apothecary memory jars before and after

It involves a simple process of inverting and printing files to one of my favorite office supplies and then adhering them to the glass.

peel back label

Plus you get to see an old time pic of my Mom and Dad and me and my two brothers (my sis was not born yet) from the seventies, aw yeah a blast from the past!  Check out my Mom’s feathered curls and my chubby cheeks!

�

Hop on over to Front + Main for the full tutorial here.

Have a fabulous weekend all!

kate signature

Pin It

27 Responses to “Mother’s Day Memory Jars”

1. Dee ann says:

Korklands carries an almost identical sets of apothecary jars for about 1/2 the price if anyone is looking for a less expensive alternative. Just purchased these there so thanks for the great idea!

2. Dee ann says:

Sorry, should say Kirkland’s!

3. Erin says:

This is so brilliant!

4. KATHYSUE says:

These are so precious and I know all Moms would love this little touch of sweet memories. happy Weekend, Kat
    Kathysue

5. Kristel says:

So very pretty, loving it!

6. Kristine says:

So cute. Such a unique way to display sentimental photos.
    Kristine
    BTW – You may already be aware of this though your site displays really differently in Firefox and Chrome (and maybe other browsers too). I assume you use IE because it is prettiest there :-)

7. Karena says:

Kate these are so lovely!! Have a great weekend!!

Xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

8. Chymecindy says:

Wow that’s so pretty. Love it! Happy weekend :)

9. Deb says:

What a great idea. I always love black and white photos. Now I need to see if i have some glass containers that I could do this with!

10. Ada says:

Lovely!!!! And always so creative of u. HAPPY WEEKEND!!!

11. Too adorable for words!! What a creative project. :) I love it!

12. Kathy says:

I hopped on over to Front and Main for the tutorial, looks great, I may give it a go!

13. Beautiful!!! Shoot, maybe I’ll make some for myself for Mother’s Day! ;)

14. I love this simple, beautiful idea! You could do many different things with this idea–for parties or seasonal. Thanks for sharing!

15. Karla says:

Can I use an inkjet printer?

16. Jen says:

I love this but BTW where is that gorgeous mirror from? I love the mirror!!!

17. Kim says:

Love this idea. Does it have to be a laser printer or can it be a desk-jet? Thanks.

Hi Karla, the sheets I used are for ink-jet but worked great on a laser printer too, so if you can get pictures to print as clearly as you like on ink jet, then the answer is yes!

Hi Jen, it’s the Kitchler mirror, here’s the link!

20. Nana Kate says:

Love your ideas, I am so sad that SNAP was in my backyard and I didn’t even know about it until too late. I hope you loved our never know for sure weather and had a good time.
    Thanks for being who you are and the great ideas that you share.

21. LOVELY PICS:) I really like your blog and I will happily follow you.

If you want some swedish decor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)
    Have a great week.

LOVE Maria
    (Sweden)

22. Kathryn says:

I am having the hardest time getting my pictures to stick without creases in them. I’ve tried pulling the pictures tight and smoothing it while my finger as I stick it but I still end up with creases. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks!

Hi Kathryn, I had a few too, the way to minimize them is to go slowly and push out the bubbles like you would with wallpaper. Make sense?

24. Donna says:

You have some great idea”s I think this would be great as a memorial stack for a friend of mine. She loves having pictures of her son in all her rooms…Will let you know how it turns out…Thanks Donna

25. Jeanine says:

Awesome! I’m on my way for a walk to our local Thrift Store now the weathers finally Spring like! On a mission to find some gorgeous vintage glass to display this project in! Thanks SOO much for the inspiration!! I’m going to have to make some of our photos black and white cuz we don’t have many old ones !! ;) ;) thanks again!