BOTB 4.15.12

April 15, 2012

Hello my friends, this weekend it’s time again for another round of ‘Best of the Blogosphere’.  Amanda and I pulled together our favorite picks, here’s a peek at some of the greatness we’ve spied out there on the web in the last few weeks, enjoy!

After some makeover magic, Samaa’s Goodwill hutch has a gorgeous contemporary look.  Visit Honey Sweet Home to view the transformation.

honey sweet home hutch

We’re smitten with this teal, lime, and gray living room from Kara at June & Bear.  Plenty of color and texture combine to create a cozy and chic space!

lr reveal june and bear

Courtney envisioned a sophisticated bedroom retreat and then brought it to life, see the full space over at Little Moments blog.

sophisticated bedroom jeremycourt

Love the Ballard Designs look but not the price tag?  This tufted ottoman cost Becca from Gardners to Bergers around $20, nice savings!

ballard style tufted ottoman

If you’re struggling with what kind or style of fabric to choose for your next makeover, be sure to read these tips on choosing upholstery fabric brought to you by the talented team over at Spruce.

spruce tips on upholstery fabric

Perhaps you’ve been eyeing an Anthropologie style bust to add some whimsy to your space?  Ashley at Lil Blue Boo tells all about her technique for crafting a paper mache animal head.

paper mache animal heads lilblueboo

Jen built this rustic pallet flower box centerpiece, catch her full how to over at Migonis Home.

pallet flower box

Diane at In My Own Style shares her innovative trick for making no-slip hangers saving us all from the frustration of slippery slopes!

no slip hangers

Dyeing textiles is all the rage in fashion and home decor – here’s how to mimic the look with a simple DIY dip dyed T-shirt brought to you by Amanda at Wit & Whistle

dip dye wit and whistle

Thank you Amanda for helping me spot a few of these great projects this past week!  Hop on over to say hello to Amanda at her blog Serenity Now.

amanda pic

Amanda is a stay-at-home mom of two who enjoys drinking mochas and indulging in shopping therapy at Target. She blogs about crafts, thrifty decorating, recipes, and home life at her blog Serenity Now.

That’s all for today everyone, wishing you a lovely Sunday.

kate signature image

17 Responses to “BOTB 4.15.12”

1. Good Morning Amanda and Kate –

I always look forward to this Sunday post. How exciting to have my hanger trick featured. XO ! I hope you have a wonderful Sunday.

My best- Diane

2. i’m with diane-i love BOTB posts and i’m thrilled to see my living room included. thanks so very much.

3. Jen Migonis says:

Thanks for the feature, Kate! I can’t wait to jump on these ladies’ blogs today and tell them how great their projects / makeovers are!

4. Courtney says:

Thanks Kate!! So many great projects and grateful to see mine!! Thanks!!

5. Great posts! I like that there’s a little of something for everyone.

The dip dyed tshirt looks so much better than the J Crew version.

6. LOVE all of these. Your picks are always awesome! Thanks for sharing!! :))

7. Shannon Fox says:

What lovely features! I too love the color combo and eclectic texture going on at at June&Bear. Ashleys Unicorn blew me away! It’s like the girl whipped it up out of thin air!?! She is too talented ;)

8. Kathleen says:

Think Marco Polo, Magellan, Hudson, Hubble ~ thank you, Centsational Girl, for blazing the trail for those of us just entering this ungainly, sometime-overwhelming, ever-expanding empire of virtual ingenuity!

9. Becca says:

Ohmygosh!! I canNOT believe I made it to the Best of the Blogosphere list!! This is kinda a big deal! As a follower, I am so excited and blown away! Thank you!!
    xo Becca

10. I LOVE that hutch! Thanks for sharing these great links. :-)

11. Jimmy says:

Love that Avett Brother’s quote in the June&Bear sign (“decide what to be and go be it”.) Those guys are awesome.

12. Tereza says:

great pics, I’m so in love with white cabinets :)

13. Monica says:

Great links!! Off to check out the Best of…Thanks for posting:)

14. Love that living room–especially the plaque over the doorway!

I have to confess: I initially read your one line as, “Diane at In My Own Style shares her innovative trick for making no-slip hangovers…”

It’s 6am my time, but clearly I’m already thinking about my wine at 6PM!

15. Kate and Amanda, Hello! I LOVE the hutch in the first picture. I am so eager (and proud:) to show you my hutch to bar renovation after seeing this! I hope you like :)…

Regards, Whitley

16. Krista says:

I love the no-slip hangers idea! super simple, I’m definitely going to try it out

17. Great pictures, love the dresser and chair.