Big Announcement!

April 16, 2012

Hello everyone, hope you all had a fab weekend!  I have some very exciting news to share with you today, and I’ve been waiting a long to time to announce it.  A few months ago I was contacted by my favorite magazine and the proposal was to partner with them as a contributor.  I was invited to have an exclusive column, or actually, a new blog, on this magazine’s site.  After several months of working out the details, I am very excited to announce that I have a new design blog over at Better Homes and Gardens

The blog is Centsational Style, and its focus is all the best in home design, from tips on decorating, to perspectives on color, to design trends, and from time to time I’ll be sharing some DIY projects too.  This really is a dream come true for me, and I’m finally able to share it with you all today.  Check out my second blog on the Better Homes & Gardens website!

bhg blog centsational style

Don’t worry, nothing around here will change! The CG site is not going away, I’ll still be blogging regularly right here, in fact I have several projects to feature in the upcoming weeks, but now you can get a double dose here at CG and now over at Centsational Style!  I’ve got a lot of great ideas stored up for the new blog and you’ll find three new articles a week, I hope you’ll bookmark the site!  Feel free to suggest topics too.

To get you up to speed, there are four articles for your reading enjoyment, click on the images below to take you there!

inky blue walls bhg-001 neutral spaces button.
ferns button tangerine button

I must issue a HUGE thank you to all of you who have helped make this a reality.  Your readership and frequent visits have brought me to this day, so thank you for all of your support!

And a big welcome to all the new readers out there coming over from BH&G today, hello!  Read more about me in the About page, and be sure to check out the Project Gallery and Style Files for even more projects and articles to inspire.

In other news, were starting a huge outdoor project today, the rear courtyard is finally getting resurfaced but it’s a big job!  I’ll have lots to share about that in the next week or so.  Also the first of the Fair Weather Link Parties start tomorrow, and I’ve picked some ‘out of the box’ subjects, the first one is Kitchen Gadgets, so link up your kitchen stories and the culinary tools you love (or hate!) tomorrow.  I’ll share a few of mine too.

fw party kitchen gadgets

The party posts at 7 a.m. PST, see you then, and enjoy the new articles and the new blog over at Better Homes & Gardens.

All the best,

kate signature image

195 Responses to “Big Announcement!”

1. Laura Johnson says:

Another place to share your creative ideas and upbeat personality. I really enjoy your “can do” attitude. You have inspired me to tackle projects that I never would have considered before reading
    your blog. I congratulate you on your new endeavor and look forward to more Centsational inspiration.

2. Congratulations! I think you’ve hit the big time now! Can’t wait to read your articles over at BH&G!

3. Erin Spain says:

Congrats! That’s awesome news!

-Erin Spain
    DIYOntheCheap.com

4. Congratulations, Kate! That’s so exciting! you deserve it. :)

5. Tilara says:

Congratulations Kate! This will be such a wonderful combination with your ideas, and all of the resources of BH&G, I think this might be a match made in Heaven! I am so proud of you Kate, and so happy that you will be able to inspire others, the way you have inspired me!
    This is such great news, Congratulatins once again!
    Hugs from SC
    Tilara

6. Congratulations Kate- SO happy for you!!

7. susan says:

congratulations!!!
    I love your blog and i’ve subscribed to bhg for years (and read my mom’s copy for years before that). What a great combination! wishing you continued success in all your enterprises.

8. Amber says:

That is so exciting!! Congratulations!!

9. Falu says:

Congratulations Kate, you deserve it.

10. Annie says:

Congrats!!!! :)

11. Kate Rossing says:

Congrats! You have definitely earned it!

12. !!!! Way to go, Kate! Those folks over at BH&G made a wise choice. Can’t wait to follow along over there!

13. SheilaG says:

Yay, yay, yay! What exciting news! You deserve it, congratulations! Who doesn’t need a little extra Kate in their week?! ;)

14. That is FABULOUS news! Congratulations to you, Kate. That is inspiring =)
    <3 Christina

15. SDRachel says:

Congratulations! You have beautiful style and writing, a perfect fit!

I can’t tell you how many design blogs I’ve scrolled through in the last week that had a photo of room in it that looked like something you would design… until I looked closer and realized the photo was actually from your blog!

16. Congrats Kate! Awesome news!!

17. Jen says:

Wow – congratulations! I love your blog, I love BH&G, and now I can love you both together! I have gotten so many ideas and DIY instruction from you – you’re such an inspiration! Very well deserved!!

18. Wow! Huge congrats to you…that is beyond exciting!

19. Barbara F says:

Hi Kate, as a reader who’s been following you from early on, I’m so happy to see this news. Congratulations!!!

20. Sarah says:

Wow! So exciting! Congrats! I’m obsessing over indigo, too :)

21. Congratulations!! You’ll be great over on BHG!!

22. Trina says:

Congratulations! Now a good magazine is going to get even better. Will have go get a subscription.

23. Beth says:

Congratulations! Now I have another reason to love BHG.

24. Michele Owens says:

AMAZEBALLS Kate! I’m all over it and can’t wait to start reading! Congrats!

25. Kara says:

congrats! awesome sauce for you and for me–i get extra centsational posts each week. enjoy your new adventure.

26. Melanie says:

I am so happy and thrilled for you, Kate! Congratulations! I will head over to your new blog now to check it out…

27. Stephanie says:

Wow, wow, wow!! Congrats!!

28. Lisa says:

Congrats to you Kate, they are lucky to have you!!!

29. Jen says:

I am so super excited for you and what an amazing opportunity! Can’t wait to follow you over on one of my most favorite websites!

Congrats my friend!

xoxo,
    Jen

30. Christine says:

Congratulations! One more blog to be added on my everyday must reads!

31. How exciting! Congratulations!

32. Candace says:

Congratulations! Well deserved! I can’t wait to see more!

33. Congratulations Kate! So excited for you that all your hard work, perseverance and determination have paid off and that your dream is coming true. Wishing you much success! Cheers ;)

34. kellie says:

How exciting!! Congratulations! :)

35. AMAZING!! What a dream come true for you! I am a long time subscriber to BH&G and you will be a perfect fit! Can’t wait to get my double dose! Can I live vicariously through you?

Congrats! Missi

36. Congrats Kate! :)

37. Avad Fan says:

Fabulous! You work so hard. You definitely deserve it! Best wishes and continue having fun!

38. Munni says:

Congrats, Kate. You truly are an inspiration.
    Love your site.
    Best Wishes.

39. Sue says:

This sounds like exciting news indeed! BH&G could use some updating on their website and you will be a welcome addition. Good luck and I’ll be checking in often.

40. katie says:

WOW–congratulations! What an honor and perfect fit for you!

41. Such exciting news, Kate! Two of my favorites teamed together, wishing you success beyond your wildest dreams!!

42. Wow, Kate, I’ve been following you for a while now, and I am JUST SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Congratulations and ENJOY it!

43. Amy says:

So exciting! Congrats. Can’t wait to read more goodness from you on the BH&G blog, too!

44. Jane says:

Congratulations! It’s great to see your wonderful talents recognized. I look forward to checking out the magazine articles.

45. Emily W says:

Wow you must be on cloud 9! Congratulations!!!!!

46. Anna says:

Amazing – congrats! Well deserved, this blog is my favorite go to for home stuff.

47. Colette says:

Congrates Kate, love your stuff

48. Amanda Eck says:

yay!! congrats to you- so well deserved!! And to think we all “knew you when”…… :-)

49. Awesome news! Always love your posts so now I’ll check you out on BH & G, too! :)

50. Sharmin says:

I am soooooooooo happy for you!!! Congratulations Kate!!!

51. maura miller says:

So well deserved. You are one talented chick!! Congrats!

52. Lisa says:

I immediately went over to subscribe to Centsational Style, and I clicked the envelope that says “Follow Centsational Style” But instead of the usual subscribing form there was an email format to send you a question. I’m not very tech savvy; so I’m confused. How do I subscribe to your new blog?

You are so talented!! I am really looking forward to reading your new blog!

Congratulations & best wishes.

53. kelly arent says:

Congrats to you!!! You are awesome! Will be following! :)

54. Maria Killam says:

Congratulations Kate, you totally deserve it, you work so hard!
    x
    maria

55. GinaE says:

Sincere congrats, Kate! So well deserved!

56. Kelly Proctor Tooley says:

Wow! Congrats, Kate!! So happy for you! And happy for those BH&G readers who don’t already follow your blog! Love the indigo article- it’s my fav!!

57. Nicolle says:

Way to go!

58. Ann V. says:

NO NO NO WAY! This is incredible news, Kate!! I feel like a good friend just landed a huge promotion doing a job she loves!! And since I am your #1 fan, I consider it a compliment that the savvy people at BHG agree with me! You are sooooo amazing at all you do, and this just goes to show it! Congratulations!

59. Geri-Lynn says:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What an exciting time for you.

60. Allie says:

Congratulations! I’m running over to take a peek now!

61. Congratulations! I’m a brand new follower here, but thrilled for you none the less! Now I can get a double dose of Centsational Girl! Woo Hoo!!

62. Oh, wow! That’s so exciting. Congratulations, Kate! Can’t wait to check it out. They were so smart to hire you! :)

63. Joanne says:

Congratulations!!! Your blog is a daily read for me. I am sure this is only the beginning of many huge projects on your horizon. You inspire me!
    Joanne

64. Juice says:

Congratulations Kate! You’ve worked hard for this! Wishing you nothing but continued success.

65. Congratulations!!!! It’s one ofm y favorite magazzines too!!!

66. Serretta says:

What exciting news!!! Congratulations! Well deserved! Can’t wait to check it out and get a double dose of Centsational Girl!

67. So so so flippin’ awesome!! I don’t know any blogger who works harder (& still maintains a humble demeanor) than you & I’m so thrilled for you! Well deserved, my friend. Exciting times are ahead!

68. This is exciting – Congrats.

69. Congratulations!! Can’t wait to see what you do over there. :-D

70. DJ says:

COngratulations!!!

71. That is huge news—congratulations!

72. Congrats!! Now one for all of us downsizers
    FYI

“Do you hear that rumble in the distance? That is the Baby Boomers – they are getting ready to retire. On January 1st, 2011 the very first Baby Boomers turn 65. Millions upon millions of them are rushing towards retirement age”

and most of us do not feel old but do have physical limitaions, climbing ladders, lifting heavy objects.
    and even though we love our things, it is time to shed some and update
    Wish I had your talent, but please devote once a week post for us, or whatever

73. Anne says:

Very impressive.. I had written of BHG for home design, now I have changed my mind. Hot stuff!!

74. Blanca says:

I am a hug fan of you and I could not be happier. Your designs are absolutely beautiful and it does not surprise me that Better Homes and Garden has taken you. Wishing you the most success,

B.

75. Fantastic news, you have great style, am well impressed!

76. Jan says:

Congratulations Kate! That’s amazing news.

77. Dar says:

I cannot even come close to knowing just how excited you must be! Congrats and well deserved! I look forward to reading the new blog! On my home girl side…YOU ROCK, superstar!

78. Randi says:

Congratulations!! That’s so exciting!

79. CHristina says:

That is fantastic news Kate! Congrats! Cheers!

80. Congrats!!! How wonderful .. one of my fave blogs with one of my fave magazines (yeaaaah!!!). Better Home & Gardens is one of the few mags that I still get in print. SO GREAT to see that u r now a contributing writer w/ur own column on their site .. yeeeaaah!

81. LeAllyson says:

I just found out about this site and your new one today. I am so happy for you. It is alway time to celebrate when someone who is independent and creative gets to contribute through a well know magazine or organization. Wishing you the very best.

82. judy h. says:

Woo-Hoo, so happy for you! I love BH&G, have subscribed to it for years. I’ll love it even more now!

83. Charlene says:

Congratulations, Kate! Such exciting news and so well deserved!

84. Yaayyyy!!! Love your blog…cannot wait to see what you do!! Congratulations!

Thanks so much LeAllyson, and everyone!!

Thank you so much Blanca, and everyone who has shared in the excitement!

87. That is fabulous! Congratulations.

88. Congratulations. You do beautiful work and I’m so happy for you!

89. Wow! That’s awesome news! Congratulations! I will definitely stop buy as that is one of my all time favorites!
    Jenniferxox

90. Holy smooooooookes!!! I somehow missed this and just saw “big announcement” on your facebook post. Oh my goodness the biggest congrats from the east coast to the west coast! They are lucky to have you :) Enjoy!!!

91. Mel says:

Kate-

First time commenter, long time follower. :-) Big congratulations to you. What a dream come true and very well deserved.

Mel

So kind Mel, thank you so much!

93. Lauren H says:

Congratulations, Kate! Can’t wait to read your new blog!

94. michele says:

How exciting for you! Congratulations. You deserve this. Your blog is fabulous!
    MC