Updates and Other Things
February 22, 2012
Hello everyone, I’m in between projects today with a few different things going on so here’s a list of random thoughts and miscellaneous updates. But first if anyone is seeing a old gray header on the site up above from 2009, please just hit Control + F5 to refresh your screen.
1. I’m a pinning fool on Pinterest lately, and have a lot of new boards over there. I’m going to help my friend construct some built-in benches for a corner breakfast nook, so dining spaces are on my mind. Speaking of Pinterest (and general *pinch me* topics) I was asked by Better Homes & Gardens to contribute to their boards and since it’s my favorite magazine I wholeheartedly agreed so you can find all those pins here and here – I hope you’ll follow along!
3. My friend Danielle just launched a new website today called The Everygirl, I’m very excited for her. The site is all about female entrepreneurs, businesswomen, and bloggers with a focus on all sorts of things from budget-friendly fashion to interior design features. I’ll be guest posting there next week!
4. I’m in a furniture refinishing frenzy right now, just finished up a dresser last week and now I’m working on some end tables and a pedestal table too. All of these pieces are for friends – I’ll be sharing those makeovers in the next week or so.
Here’s a sneak peek of the after!
Kidding. Of course those are the befores…
5. Thank you so much for all of your suggestions from last week’s anniversary post, you gave me such great feedback, and I’ll be tackling some of those suggested topics like small space decorating and a day-in-the-life, etc.
6. Perhaps you’ve heard that Google is making changes to their GFC Widget on March 1st, apparently it will only work for Blogger hosted blogs as far as I understand. I still have an active Blogspot account even though I’m hosted by WordPress so in all likelihood my sidebar widget will die.
If you happen to be one of those nice readers who follows this blog through GFC, there are some alternatives for you. You can of course visit the home page. You can also find all posts on Facebook if you like my page there, I try to remember to Tweet them too, and then you can subscribe via email or by RSS feed right in the upper right corner of the blog under Subscribe – are there any other ways you follow this blog I should know about?
7. In entertainment news, I was so upset that Modern Family wasn’t on last night and then I realized it was Tuesday. See, those 3 day weekends totally confuse me, I never know what day it is when there’s a Monday holiday. But with that logic you’d think I thought it was Monday not Wednesday. Nevermind. The point is I really love Modern Family, for me if I had to choose a favorite character it’s a toss up between Cameron and Phil, both are played so brilliantly.
And everyone’s so obsessed with Downton Abbey these days and I have yet to watch it, which is weird because I’ll watch just about any British period drama with an great ensemble, so tell me why I should be watching because apparently I missing out big time. I’m scared to begin, from what I’ve read, it might force me to disappear for a few days and watch all the episodes in my pajamas. Not that that would be such a bad thing.
I also love The Good Wife, and have been watching it since the first episode, but I take issue with the plot because hello, you’re never in trial the very next day. Why are they always in trial the next day? That never happens. I hate to be the one to tell you but TV is NOT like real life.
The Oscars are coming up this weekend, I’ll watch for the fashion most of all. I haven’t seen many of the nominated films, I did see ‘The Help’ and ‘Midnight in Paris’ and liked them both. I also saw the previews for both Albert Nobbs and The Iron Lady and honestly how do you choose between Meryl and Glenn in those roles, it’s impossible. Have you seen those films? Who should win in the leading lady category? Did you know Ellen is reviewing the Oscar films? I wish she’d review all of them for us!
That’s all for today… have a great one.