The Quest for the Perfect Robin’s Egg Blue

January 23, 2012

I spent this weekend prepping and priming a dresser for a good friend in anticipation of painting it for her daughter’s room.  We’re sprucing up the space and repurposing some furniture and since the walls and daybed are white, I thought it would be absolute perfection if we painted the dresser robin’s egg blue. So off I went in search of the absolute perfect shade.

I adore this color so much I even use a version of it as a background on the ol’ blog. It’s that blueish with a bit of green and gray shade that in my opinion just makes the world a better place. It’s not turquoise or aqua, but not pastel or too green either.  Kind of airy and watery but not as bright as Tiffany blue, and always so so pretty when done right. I’m a total sucker for anything painted robin’s egg blue.

Like this console.

morgan harrison home buffet

via Morgan Harrison Home

Or these floors.

armelle blog robins nest

via Armelle blog

Or this ceiling.

house beautiful robins egg blue walls

via House Beautiful

I have a bunch of fan decks that I keep on hand and I do believe it may be a real sickness because not only do I prize my collection of fan decks but I also collect paint swatches everywhere I go, especially in shades of blue and green, being my favorites and all. I can’t help it. So I picked up a few more samples from brands I didn’t have around town on Saturday and then started to narrow it down.

robins egg blue paint samples

Moooo haw haaawww, my collection of paint swatches !!!!!!!

See, I told you. Sickness.

I obsess over choosing the right paint color and I can always use a second opinion so Coco got in on the action.  “This one… no this one… “

crazy coco picking paint samples

Here I thought she’d be helpful but she really is so fickle. I’m not sure she’ll make a great decorator, despite being born with perfect stripes. *sigh*

Over coffee on Sunday I started to whittle down my favorites and yes it’s true, I wholeheartedly admit comparing paint swatches is my idea of a really good time.

robins egg blue paint colors

These were all gorgeous, but a little too saturated and closer to Tiffany Blue.

tiffany blue paint colors

Then I regrouped and started narrowing down some favorites, eliminating ones that were too green…

closer to robins egg blue

And then finally narrowed it down to these five favorites:

top five robins egg blue paint colors

Because this is the ultimate color we’re going for…

robins egg blue dresser somerset bay cotton candy

via

Gorgeous right?

What about you? Have you discovered the perfect shade of robin’s egg blue?  Do you obsess over paint colors as much as I do?  Do share in a comment, I value your color suggestions, and more importantly, validation.

xo,

kate signature image

Tags: , ,

195 Responses to “The Quest for the Perfect Robin’s Egg Blue”

1. I love this post — one of my most favourite colours. Pinned some of your images. Can’t wait to see the dresser!

2. cassie says:

i love watery but i also really love wedgewood gray by ben moore as well as wythe blue by ben moore! can’t wait to see your finished piece!

3. Chelsea says:

I love this post. I painted my upstairs living area robins egg blue after being inspired by a look in Domino. Ugh, it turned out all wrong. I have to wait to repaint, but the color is a little too baby’s room. I am going to bookmark your colors. I hope you will share which one worked out! xo

4. Brandy says:

IMO I think I have found the perfect blue. Its was a BM color but our BM doesn’t have lacquer. I took the BM color to SW and they mixed it for me. Where can I send you a picture?

5. Great choices, my daughter’s nursery is painted Bird’s Egg and I loved it so much I used it again on the ceiling of my other daughter’s room. It can read a little Tiffany Blue depending on the light…………..so keep that in mind for the final selection.

Good Luck

6. Claudia says:

Oh Kate, don’t do this to me, I have just chosen the color for my son’s dresser. Or maybe not, that Swan Sea looks pretty. No, really, I have chosen, after spending HOURS deciding. Oh crap. Now I like thunderbird.

7. Tracie says:

Yes Kate I do the same thing…I find it very relaxing to look at paint colors….I too am odd :) I painted my Dining room about 6 years ago and I still LOVE it. The top is Wythe Blue by Ben Moore….I love the small contrast of chocolate on the ceiling…Here is a link if you want to see :) Good luck picking !

8. Annie says:

You are correct, that dresser is perfectly gorgeous! Blue is one of my favorites too. In fact, my bedroom in my previous house was the perfect shade of sky blue. It was so hard to perfect though. I thought I had chosen the perfect color and had it all over the walls but afer sleeping with it one overnight I decided it was too “circusy.” My paint guy still teases me about that…circusy. He will ask me almost every time I get ready to buy paint ”this isn’t ‘circusy’ is it?” I finally found a swatch of fabric and took it down there and had it computer matched. Why don’t you do that with this picture? Sometimes there is just no other way…you have to create your own color. Good Luck!

9. Katie says:

I painted my home office exactly as that blue kitchen in the House Beautiful picture you have – Benjamin Moore’s Woodlawn Blue on the ceiling and I love it. What was ironic is I found out my mother had painted her living room the same exact color back in 1977!

10. courtney says:

I found the perfect shade of Robin Egg’s blue to be Celtic Gray (I think it’s by Valspar, but when I went to fetch my swatch, I couldn’t find it – agh!). It’s not quite as bright, maybe, but definitely not gray at all – it’s on my bedroom walls & I love it!

11. Wow you have a lot of paint swatches. I certainly obsess when picking a color, I just want it to be right the first time, ya know? I also don’t want to repaint or have to buy more paint. I love all of your 5 choices. In my opinion 4 & 5 seem lighter with an airier feeling. And 1 & 2 seem more saturated with color. I think 3 might be a nice middle ground and might be close to the color you are looking for. I’m wondering if on any of the sources they shared their paint choice? Anyway good luck, I do hope we’ll get to see what you chose because I would like to have the perfect robins egg blue on hand!

12. Samantha says:

I painted my daughter’s room Watery a couple of years ago after going through countless samples. I love love love the end result though! It did end up being just a tad brighter than the card. It ended up being closer the what the Birds Egg card in your picture looks like on my computer. Definitely brighter than the dresser, although I assume that has a dark wax finish over it anyway.

13. I love the Sherwin Williams Watery. I love your blog and it has become a source of inspiration for me and my DIY projects.

14. Judy says:

Robin’s Egg Blue is my FAVORITE color. I have it in touches all over my home. Anything in that color makes me stop in my tracks. Yes…I do obsess about picking the right color. Often as soon as I decide and start painting, I actually panic that I picked the wrong color. For the most part I love what I have chosen as soon as I finish all of the walls. I just painted my new home gym (which I revealed this morning on my blog) in Palladian Blue. It’s one shade lighter than Wythe Blue which was a bit too saturated for a home gym in the basement with little natural light. The Palladian Blue was perfect…a gorgeous blue/green. I hope you will check it out…I completely value your opinion.

15. #3 looks good to me, actually all of them look good to me :)
    Debbie

16. Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. says:

Oh my gosh, I love playing with paint swatches too! Watery is one of my favorite go-to colors! But I think in the end, there is not really just one perfect color. I’m sure any number of them would be perfect!

17. Erin says:

Just wanted to throw one more tried and true color your way.. and I think I actually saw it in the top left of one of your photos.. American Traditions Signature- Peaceful. Beautiful color!!! More blue than green but enough green/grey to give it sophistication. All the ones you mentioned were very close contenders for me as we painted our master bedroom but they all some value I wasn’t completely happy with. I finally settled on this one and I couldn’t be happier!!

I will be using it to paint a dresser turned craft storage chest in the next few weeks, myself!

18. I’ve been on the quest for this perfect color too, so I’m glad to see this post! I agree, there’s just something about that color that makes a room smile. Swan sea seems like it may be too dark, but that all depends on what else is going in the room to bounce off it (quilt, accessories….). I would bring the swatches in the room next to any other accent colors to see which one works best.

19. shannon says:

Tracie, your paint colors look beautiful! I love the blue and brown together.

Kate, I love this color also. And the shades you’ve selected are so elegant-fun. I do think the last dresser you said you were aiming for looks very different from the prior examples. The first ones are so clear and the latter is more muddied. But boy are they beautiful!

20. I have not found the perfect shade of robin’s egg blue, but I do go crazy over paint colors. The colors you narrowed it down to look great, but of course until you actually test the paint you can’t tell for sure. Love the color choice though. Good luck and please share your final decision!

21. Kim Bond says:

I was obsessed with finding a robins egg blue to paint my master bath and kitchen in my new home. I think I found it with SW Copen Blue…. Have you seen it? LOVE!

22. Janet says:

I’m liking the SW Watery also. Some of the others are reading a bit bright. Are you using a dark glaze as the piece pictured appears?

23. Kathy says:

Have you tried Annie Sloan Chalk Paint?? It is the best! you don’t even have to prep the piece of furniture and there is a “duck egg blue” color available..
    check it out
    you can also check out her website at http://www.anniesloan.com.
    The paint seems expensive but it goes a LONG way and is so worth it!

24. I had to just laugh when I read this Kate because you are not alone. I’m the same way and I tell my husband I’m just “hyper color sensitive”. LOL! The people at the paint store hate to see me coming because I get in the back with them and tell them that I want 50% this color, 25% of this and 25% of that! However, it usually pays off and I get exactly what I’m looking for… Eventually! Ha! A trick I use if I find a color that is just a tad off, like too blue and I need a little more green to off set, I will find a second close color that may have just a tad more of the green and have the colors mixed 50/50 and I get closer than I can find on a card. Half of my house is this crazy custom mix! Good luck girl!

25. Paint swatches make me happy. Is that weird? I love that you let CoCo in on the swatch action. Maybe she’ll be a good apprentice yet. Love the ceiling in that House Beautiful shot! I think you did a good job narrowing them down…that’s one thing I am not good at-making the choice!

26. I debated this same thing about a year ago and narrowed it down to Martha Stewart Robin’s Egg Blue, Pratt & Lambert Skylit and BM Bird’s Egg, Palladian Blue and Wyeth Blue (links to rooms in all these colors here: http://honeyandfitz.blogspot.com/2010/11/robins-egg-blue-i-love-you.html#axzz1kCiFVLeF ) BM Antiguan Sky is also really nice. Ultimately I landed on BM Bird’s Egg for my campaign dresser and I love the way it turned out.

Such a great color…it’s perfect on a dresser. Can’t wait to see!

27. Julie says:

We have “watery” in our master bathroom and LOVE it! We get compliments on it all the time. Good luck!

28. Lisa Jackson says:

Delicious post! I firmly support your swatch collecting and admire your collection! Sickness – no way! A tool for creativity – ABSOLUTELY! Call me an enabler if you must but I *love* your blog, your decorating, your style …so getting a glimpse into your method of choosing that perfect shade is inspiring! I can’t wait to see the finished product :)

29. Hey Kate,

Check out the beautiful bed in this post:

Janet xox
    The Empty Nest

30. Nicole Kemer says:

I vote SW Watery – My favorite go to for Robin’s Egg Blue…it is clean and not too green, but has enough depth of color that it isn’t “flat”. Looking forward to seeing the completed project!

31. Lynne says:

I love the color(s) myself . . . for your piece, without a doubt . . . Watery, Sherwin Williams.

32. That pile looks just like the one that I had while narrowing down the color for our home!

We went with option number 5 – BM’s Bird’s Egg. I love it and we a ton of compliments on it. We used it in our living room and hallway so it is the first color you see when you walk into our house. It is also the color of our front door.

This is a pretty good glimpse of the color in real life: http://directionsnotincluded.blogspot.com/2012/01/fabric-wreath-tutorial.html

33. tammylee says:

I have an addiction for paint swatches also….and yes sorting through them makes me smile!

34. Angela Thee says:

I love paint swatches, I go to the paint store just to collect them. I doesn’t matter if I am working on a project or not. I love BM blues, I have found them to always have exactly what I am looking for. I have also had good luck with having my colors matched with the fabric I have to have. I love your blog and your projects always inspire me!.

35. Maury says:

My favorite colors!!!! We just painted our kitchen in Milk Pail by Martha Stewart- it’s a dirty robins egg blue- I ♥ it!!!

36. Yes, I’m another gal who will admit: I love “playing in the swatches!” I even taught my grandson his colors using paint swatches. Such fun memories!

37. doralee says:

YES!!! Only obsessed isn’t my word–freaked out by it, is mine. I have made some mistakes before and for some reason those memories are more powerful than the GREAT paint decisions I’ve made. I want a robin’s egg blue for my bathroom right now–PLEASE let us know what you decide!! Checking out the other suggestions too. ps–I love that dresser–seems I eyeballed it once also–is it Ballards?? love it!!

38. Sunnie says:

I used Sherwin William’s “Cay” blue, SW6772, on my daughter’s dresser and I get all kinds of compliments on it. One day, I’ll probably paint an entire room that color.

39. mo says:

There needs to be a paint color choosing support group somewhere…. I do the same thing – obsess! Right now I’m trying to choose a color that will coordinate with my 10 yo sons Bruins fathead… we are trying to compromise on color b/c the ‘bruins gold’ at home depot is a but much for me! I have Ben Moore Wythe blue in our FR and Love it!!

40. We’re going to repaint our bedroom soon and it’s going to be a struggle to find the right gray-blue color. I don’t trust the swatches much, so plenty of samples will be purchased!

41. Amanda Eck says:

oh girl!! you speak my language! you had me at Robin’s Egg- *sigh*

And so fun- I was at the Dallas Market this weekend and saw that lamp that is in your last photo.

42. Elizabeth says:

Have you tried SW Rainwashed? It looks really green on the swatch, but once I got it up on the wall, it magically transformed into the perfect blue for me. Can’t wait to hear what you decide!

43. Heidi says:

I have painted the ceiling in several rooms BM Woodlawn blue HC147….. check it out

44. Karin says:

I love these blue-greens too. I confess I spent a year thinking about the paint color for my bedroom. I went with BM’s Woodlawn Blue and I love it! People walk in and say, it’s such an incredible color! I try very hard not to tell them how long it took me to choose it. We will soon be moving, luckily, I already know what color to paint the next master bedroom.

Hi Kathy, yep considered Duck Egg, it seems a little green and intense for what I’m going for…… but I suppose I could whiten it with Old White…. not sure I want to buy another quart of ASCP for just this project… all these considerations!

46. Tamra says:

Oh, I soooooo understand. I usually try for just a sample or smallest amount possible. Go home home paint part of a wall or two and wait. Look at it once it is dry. Check out how it is with the light for that particular room, etc. If it takes several trips to the paint store so be it. I at least know I gave it my best shot.
    I also think blue is tough———so many shades, getting it just right is difficult. I actually have a room I am wanting to pain a very light blue, also. I have been procrasinating and collecting paint chips. :)
    I am jealous of those people who can look at the color and start mixing/adding colors on their own to get just the right shade. I can see that it needs to be darker or lighter but cannot see what colors to add. I have a friend who is great at it.

47. Danielle says:

I just painted my living room this weekend in, what I think, is the perfect “Robin’s Egg” blue. The color is Glass Tile from the Valspar Signature line at Lowes. It came out perfectly! Now I can’t wait to accessorize!

48. Yes!!! My favorite color!! I painted my laundry room and a wall in my living room Comfort Gray by Sherwin Williams (SW 6205). It is a perfect light grayish aqua and I stole the idea from The Nester’s front sitting room. My son’s room is Frozen Pond by Behr (UL220-15) which is a deeper tone but really gorgeous. Out of your swatches I think I’d go with Watery. Can’t wait to see the dresser!

49. Erin says:

The quest never ends!!! I’ve seen many awesome rooms/projects that used BM’s Bird’s Egg, so that gets my vote! But I’m saving this post and know I will be sharing it with many, many people! I get so many emails from people wondering about the perfect robin’s egg blue!

50. We just painted two pieces of furniture in Clear Pond by BEHR. It’s a little lighter than Robin’s Egg Blue, but I love it!! Good luck finding your right color :)

51. Becky says:

One of the first things after moving into my home was to paint my armoire robins egg blue. I absolutley love it. I picked out a color that was a little too saturated, so I ended up mixing some white with it to tone it down. But it turned out lovely.

52. Victoria T says:

We went with the SW Meander Blue in our bedroom. We love it. We get compliments from everyone that comes over. We went back and forth trying to find one that wasn’t too blue or too green. All of your narrowed down colors are beautiful. Good luck and can’t wait to see the finished product.

53. Dallas Landrum says:

On another topic….the way you have those swatches arranged, it looks like an art piece waiting to be put on the wall. So maybe after your color dilemma you have another project waiting for you.

54. I would say out of those swatches you should choose thunderbird or meander blue.

55. Sarah says:

I love the range of blues from robin’s egg blue to Tiffany blue. I recently painted a Salvation Army found dresser in a pale pale grey blue to coral all my craft supplies. When I got one coat of the pale paint on the dresser, realized it should be blu-ier and retinted it with some blue and black craft paint. Perfect! One of my favorite colors ever.

56. Nancy says:

Yes, totally obsess. Then give up and use tried and true…so the whole house is the same tone….
    What did you use to “antique” the dresser? Looks great!

57. Sara says:

I absolutely love that first pic from Morgan Harrison Home, with the dark blue painted (?) floors and the buffet in a lighter shade. *Swoo-oon* I searched for the perfect light/robins egg blue for my guest bath and ended up a little brighter than I wanted with all the walls done. Lately I have been obsessing over Navy blues as well. Ahhh, blue. Great post :)

58. Michelle says:

I use Swan Sea by Behr and LOVE it. I can’t wait to see what you pick & the finished room.

59. Grace says:

I adore Robin’s egg blue as well. I always have kept a blog post by Cobi Ladner in the back of my mind in case I ever wanted to find the best Robin’s egg blue. She did a post where she matched up paint swatches to a real egg. Here is the link http://www.cobistyle.com/index.php/blog/entry/beautiful_robins_egg_blue/

60. Julie says:

YES. I agree – I obsees over the right color – which is WHY I haven’t painted my living room yet – not sure what to match with my wood trim and there are SO few inspiration photos showing wood – everybody has white painted trim…but I just cant do it.
    I painted my bedroom a similar robins egg blue and I swer I spent a month or more picking the color, and now that all the walls are done – it is TOO blue. I still love it, but too blue… thinking of maybe a wash over top, POSSIBLY?
    What will you do on the dresser to get the grayish sheen over the blue paint, like your inspiration dresser?
    THANKS FOR SHARING!!!
    Julie

61. Your kitty is so cute!!! I cannot wait to see this dresser revamp! I love that we finally realized we can paint furniture any color we want! Makes things fun! (Yes, I used an exclamation point to end every sentence. I’m working on it. :D )

62. kathleen says:

Woodlawn Valley Haze by Valspar. This may be a tad too turquoise for you but I love it, check out the side table I did.

63. pretty, pretty, pretty! I love them all, in different contexts, but I think I lean towards the more pale ones – almost like they have been bleached out by the sun. Great post.

64. Courtney says:

I am totally obsessed with this color as well! My favorite is the Watery from Sherwin. I like a little more grey undertone in it. I love the idea for the dresser!! I am contemplating painting a dresser of mine so I am excited to see how yours turns out! Let us know what you pick! (Oh – and paint colors are totally an obsession! It is such a commitment!)

65. sarah says:

thanks so much for your color info. i wanted little guy’s room to be that very color, and in my haste chose something (i have no clue what it is) because the painters was buying paint within the hour. oh well….we still have the blue up and i rather like it now, although the dresser at the end is FABULOUS!

66. Katy says:

Benjamin Moore Palladian Blue. It is the best, changes throughout the day.

67. Bernie says:

Oh Lordy….I did the SAME thing this weekend looking for the same blue. Admittedly, I had fewer paint chips to start with…I love Martha Stewart Aegean Blue…which is a tad greener. When you find the “right” one….please share!

68. Mysty says:

I totally obsess over paint colors. You should see my office right now with about 25 paint swatches taped to the wall and even a few “test colors” painted directly on the wall. I am looking for the perfect light green with a little sage, but not too much. Must coordinate with a sky blue type color as I am going for the green/blue look. We’re painting my daughter’s room this weekend and she is sure about her colors, but I’m not – lol. I still keep looking at more of them and she keeps sticking to her guns.

69. I worry about using the wrong color too, but not quite as much as you do. However you probably almost always get the exact color you wanted so maybe I should start obsessing like you do. LOL! Out of your final 5 I think swatches #3 and #4 match the dresser the best. #5 is my favorite but it looks like it may be a a little brighter than the dresser, but it could all be my computer monitor. I do love that color blue!

70. Kristina says:

I’ve used the BM bird’s egg on the ceiling in an all white room. Its a great color!

71. Jessica says:

I’ve found that every time I’ve obsessed over swatches, I’ve ended up HATING the color I picked. The paint colors in my home that I love, even years later, are the ones where I said “I think I’ll paint the [insert room] today” and then stopped into Lowe’s, picked a color on the fly, and popped out into the parking lot with the swatch to see it in daylight.
    Never again will I bring a bunch of swatches home and screw around with them. It never works for me!

72. Felicia says:

OoH! I love 3. Watery by sherwin williams!! AH! I have been looking for that perfect blue to! I have two of the same antique dresser you painted white and had by your stairs. I have to do this! I can’t wait to see it!

73. Debbie W says:

I LOVE the background colour of your blog!! Even tried to colour match it for my laundry room!! I too am obsessed with this colour – and although I’ve only painted the laundry room in this colour – evreything else in the house is accented in this amazing colour. I can’t resist buying a vase or bowl in this amazing colour. As for your obsession with paint chips, I totally relate – can’t pass the paint chip isle in any home improvement store I visit!!

74. jennifurla says:

I agonize over paint color too, we often purxhase 5-6 samplers per room and test them all on each wall. I can say now though, that we are WAY better with all the practice. We rarely bring home a horrible color and the last 2 I bought….only took one try!

75. Jessica says:

I loooove Louis Blue from Annie Sloan it is such a beautiful blue.

76. Hillary says:

I love the SW Watery. Soft and lovely. My go-to color is usually RH Silver Sage. It reminds me of SW Watery.

When I was a kid my mom used to stare at paint swatches, trying to figure out which whites (of all things) to put together. I thought she was nuts but now I totally do it too. You’re not alone. I have a collection of my most favorite swatches and my cat peed on them this summer (she had recently experienced physical and emotional trauma in the form of a dog attack). It was a little bit heartbreaking.

77. Lindsey says:

We painted my girlfriend’s baby nursery birds egg and it was gorgeous. I wasn’t too bright yet had enough color. Though I am a bit biased to Benjamin Moore colors since my husband works for a BM store.

78. Doris Davis says:

Yes I do obsess about color selection! Robins egg blue would be tricky! I’m a Pittsburg, Manor Hall and Benny Moore girl. I have all the decks though; my vote is the Sherwin Williams “Watery”

79. Tracy K says:

Ha! I did this very same thing yesterday! Only I was obsessing over the perfect off white. When I showed my hubby he said “they all look the same!” To which I gasped! He obviously does not share our obsession! :)
    Btw-our bedroom is a robin’s egg blue (forget the exact name, but it is Behr). I LOVE it!

80. Lesley says:

my husband would say I have the same paint chip sickness as you do :)

81. Liz says:

I like Watery and Meander Blue. And, yes, (sigh) I have the same color bug. Obsess forever for THE pefect shade of whatever!

82. I have never searched for the perfect robins egg blue so i dont have one to offer at this moment. I too obsess over paint colours when it comes to my own home. I am awful thinking about it day and night painting swatches all over the place asking my husbands opinion only to disregard it. I get sick to my stomach rolling on the floor over the agony of colours for SOME rooms. Ok just really this one time but it had me totally flustered. Thats why I painted most of my house white. but even that took come consideration.
    When it comes to picking out colours for others homes – clients, friends or family its a cinch. Doesnt stress me at all.

83. Carol says:

We painted our living room Swan Sea. We just love it!

84. Elise says:

Robin’s Egg Blue is one of my all time favorite colors, especially when paired with white, so loved your inspiration photos.

I too obsess over finding the perfect color, so much so that I’ve ended up mixing my own custom shade when I couldn’t find a sample paint that was just right. I have used SW Watery though, in my friend’s sun room. It’s gorgeous! I used SW Raindrop in my children’s bathroom (it’s one shade darker than Meander Blue on the color strip), and it was VERY blue once it was on the walls. I actually kind of wish I had gone with Watery in there too, but it’s a kids bathroom, so bright is okay for now!

Hi Danielle, ‘Glass Tile’ was one of my picks too, I liked its gray undertones SOOO much! Now you’ve got me looking at that one again…… :)

86. Centsational Sis says:

watery.

87. Alissa says:

Dude – I just painted my kitchen the SW Meander Blue and I love it. I, too, am a blue-green-aqua freak. This weekend I just picked up a gray-blue called Lighthouse for my son’s bedroom. I am sure that left to my own devices every room in our house would end up some shade of blue.

Check out my meander blue kitchen here…http://www.goldshoegirl.com/search/label/kitchen.

BTW – I’ve also noticed that your trim color makes a big difference in how a blue looks. The meander blue looks really bright against our oaky trim but it looks perfect against the trim that has been painted white.

88. Gorgeous. Watery and Meander Blue look just about right (at least on my screen!)- looks like your paint chip hoarding-ha! is paying off. Beautiful inspiration images too.

89. My favorite in your top 5 is Watery by Sherwin Williams. The gray undertones make it a bit more sophisticated and might withstand the test of time as she matures. I absolutely love the gray/blues too. My husband and I convinced our landlord to paint our bedroom Beach Glass by Benjamin Moore. One of my favorites! (Yep, still renting, but have an awesome landlord so it’s ok.)

Good luck with whichever color you choose. Can’t wait to see how it turns out!

90. I love Bird’s Egg! It is so, so pretty. My boys’ bedroom is a custom Benjamin Moore mix. I find that it looks just like the Bird’s Egg paint chip, where the actual paint is a bit more powder-y. Love all of your choices!

91. Brandy says:

Hey, longtime lurker but I just had to comment!

I’d bet good money that you go with Watery if you are looking for an exact match (though perhaps that inspiration piece has an under-color?) or Swan Sea if you want more punch for your buck. Am I right?

92. Amanda S. says:

I love Swan Sea! We actually painted our guest bath that color three years ago! It’s definitely much darker dry than in the photos you have as inspiration above but it’s a gorgeous color!! Good luck making your final selection :)

93. Janie Munoz says:

Watery by s.w. Looks to me like the closest match to tHat gorgeous chest at the end! I also want to paint my bedroom dresser a version of that color and distress it! Love!

94. Kaye says:

I absolutely love “Watery”! Maybe we will have to re-do the guest room. . .

95. Kim says:

I wanted a grayish greenish blue for my powder room and ended up with Behr Celtic Gray. It’s not gray at all…more blue than anything. I love it! The room would be perfect if I could convince my husband that we really need to paint the ceiling, too.

And I LOVE that chest in the last picture!

I can’t wait to see how it turns out.

96. I mean, how can you go wrong with any one of those. I do have to say though, that #5 seems to be named perfectly. It has just the right amount of blue, green, and grey in there. Love it! I was looking for the same color when we did our Board and Batten project because that color up against all that white is Amazing! We ended up with something close from the reject bin. Momma likes $4!

97. Courtney says:

I have an SW fan deck, and I am totally on love with Watery, but I haven’t been able to use it yet. I love that color!

98. Lee says:

these are some of my favorite’s

True Robin’s Egg Blue – Light and Airy:
    Sherwin Williams
    Aquatint SW 6936 (nice, light blue with hint of green)
    Waterfall SW 6750 (lovely fresh, light colour)
    Refresh SW 6751 (medium, green version, nice)
    Aquaduct SW 6758 (medium, more blue version, also nice)

Behr
    Balmy Seas 490C-3 (pretty, light soft, version)
    Benjamin Moore
    Soft mint 2041-60 (pretty, soft and light, but yes, minty)
    Sea mist green 2041-50 (beautiful soft medium tone)

True Robin’s Egg Blue – Rich and Intense:
    Behr
    Jamaica Bay 500D-4 (very nice colour, soft medium blue)

Sherwin Williams
    Cooled Blue SW 6759 (clear, rich, more green than blue)

Ralph Lauren
    Island Brights Aged Mint IB77 (beautiful deep bluey grey)
    Sunwashed Blue IB82 (intense bright green/blue)

Benjamin Moore
    Historical colours Covington blue HC-138 (Stunning greyed blue)

99. Jen Migonis says:

They are all delish but I think Watery looks the closest to the dresser.