Best Of 2011 {DIY Projects}

December 26, 2011

Greetings all, I hope you’re enjoying your time off with friends and family.  We’re coming down to the last few days of the year, and that means it’s roundup time!  Looking back, I narrowed it down to a list of fifteen of my favorite DIY projects from 2011.  Here they are in chronological order, follow the links for the full story.

#1:  Budget Bathroom Cabinet Makeover

lower cabinets after

#2  New Tile Backsplash (Installation)

tile backsplash after

#3  No Sew Cloth Napkin Pillow Covers

cg pillows in family room

#4  Paint Stick Starburst Mirror

cg kates stick sunburst mirror

#5  Goodwill Glassware to Colorful Dessert Stands

cg orange and pink dessert stands

#6  Patchwork Picnic Blanket

cg striped floral ties

#7  Recycled Wine Barrel Planter

kates tiered recycled wine barrel planter

#8  Framed Ferns

cg fern wall art

#9  Sisal Rope Bowl

sisal rope bowl by kate

#10  Wood Cutting Boards

trio of wood cutting boards cg

#11  Reversible Cloth Placemats & Napkins

reversible cloth placemat napkin cg

#12  Sparkling Wine Glass Charms

wine glass charms cg

#13 Pine Outdoor Bench

pine outdoor bench

#14  Jute Twine Chair Makeover

jute chair makeover

#15 Faux Bois Vases

winter white faux bois vases cg

For more DIY Projects from the past year, be sure to check out the Project Gallery.

Another fun Before & After roundup tomorrow, see you then!

21 Responses to “Best Of 2011 {DIY Projects}”

1. Shaunna says:

a great year for DIY and for you, friend!! Love them all! :-)
    xoxo
    shaunna

2. Joani says:

That whiskey barrel is so cool. Thanks for sharing. Happy New Year.

3. val says:

You are amazing and always inspiring!

4. Jennifer says:

So many accomplishments — but my fave still has to be your paint stick starburst mirror. Genius!

5. So much inspiration all within one post! I just love those painted glass cake stands. The colors are great. Merry Christmas.

6. Tricia Rose says:

Fifteen out of how many in one year? Have a little end of year rest and pat on the back, your creativity has no limits!

7. Shirley S. says:

All the projects are just so creative. I so love the chair. I wish you a most successful and happy New Year!

8. Thanks for sharing. I’m new here, so what a great way for me to get to know you better. Everything looks great, you’ve had a very productive year!

9. Grace says:

I’m glad you posted this as I missed a few of these posts when I was away this summer. I love the faux bois vases and the sisal rope bowl projects. I really should give both of them a try.

10. Terry Moore says:

Love your projects, especially the wooden bench.

11. Those are all great projects. I still can’t wait to make the wine charms!

12. Lorrie says:

Fantastic projects! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with this year!

13. Cynthia says:

Just saw the Jute Chair in DIY magazine today. So fun to see your work there!

14. LOVE all of your projects! Hope you enjoyed your holiday!

15. Could not be happier that you posted these as I have missed some. Each one got better and better. Time to reread all of these wonderful posts and get inspired!

xoxo,

Carly

16. Love it all, especially those cool wine glass charms.

17. Katie says:

I am hosting a 2011 Year-in-Review link party. Feel free to link up here: http://theterpblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/2011-looking-back.html

I LOVE your sisal rope bowl!

18. No Ikea bookcasest to built-ins? I think that was my favorite of yours this year :)

19. Nancy says:

These are all awesome projects..You should be very proud Kate..will be watching for the next before and after list tomorrow..

20. Amanda says:

Love how all of your projects turned out! Can’t wait to see what 2012 brings!

21. Deebi27 says:

Holy smoke, you place must look like awesome with this handy Kate side of you! Glad I am now following you. Such inspiration!