BOTB 11.6.11

November 6, 2011

Hello! I hope you’re all enjoying this fall weekend. The forecast for us is rain which sounds perfectly lovely to me, since it’s a great excuse to make soup and lounge in pajamas for most of the day.  Meanwhile, shall we take a peek at some of the fabulousness that is going on in the blogosphere?  Abi and I team up this week to bring you our favorites, enjoy!

We women have our decorative favorites that make us swoon, but I love hearing the man’s perspective.  Have you read about the furniture men hate?  Erin from Elements of Style fills us in.

furniture men hate

Here’s a sweet girl’s nursery you won’t want to miss!  Pay a visit to Freckles Chick to see how this stylish mama pulled together one chic space.

freckles chick nursery

How sweet is this ombre desk refinished by Natty by Design?  Love love love!

natte by design ombre desk

Got a gaping hole in your half wall? No worries. Fill it with some smart but inexpensive built-in grid shelving like Mandi did at Vintage Revivals.

built ins vintage revivals

Want to learn an easy trick to get the look of thick crown molding without the price tag?  Sarah shares her genius trick at The Yellow Cape Cod

thick molding trick the yellow cape cod

We’ve seen our share of old brass chandelier transformations, but this one is so inventive!  Check out the “flip” on this yellow chandelier makeover at Matsutake.

matsutake yellow chandy

No need to rummage for antlers in the forest when you can craft your own.  How genius is this PB inspired clay antler by Craftberry Bush

clay antler craftberry bush

Make these charming leather pinecones that will last for years to come with Susan from Freshly Picked

freshly picked leather pinecone

Have you heard about locks of love {Parisian style} ?  I find this so charming, thank you Heather for your glimpse!

locks of love heather bullard

Are you starting to feel the winter chill?  Read these five helpful ways to insulate your windows, via Apartment Therapy

drafty windows

If you’d like your latest project or post featured in this weekend roundup, feel free to send it our way to [email protected].

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

xo,

cg kate signature

25 Responses to “BOTB 11.6.11”

1. Ann says:

Oh those are lovely choices…

Love the yellow chandelier makeover

and the first two images.

2. Carly says:

Love the thick crown molding! These are all wonderful tips–thanks for sharing!

3. GawgusThings says:

I love these posts! You always find such great things out there in the blogosphere!

4. Kristin says:

Such a wonderful roundup, always enjoying stopping in on Sunday to see all the eye candy :)
    Thank you!
    XO
    Kristin

5. These posts are the highlight of my weekend :) I love the ombre dresser – so sweet! And those window insulation tips are just in time!

6. April was in CT now CA says:

The fence of padlocks is so sweet! I recently found that there is a small section of fence on a bike/walking path in Santa Rosa (Prince Memorial Greenway, I think) that people have started putting locks on in the same fashion so it’s interesting to see this is probably where the idea originated. Romantic!

Love the roundup!

7. Cathy says:

I love the insulation article, living in an old rental apartment myself, bubble wrap it will be this winter !! Only my bedroom windows face north so that’s cheap and easy.

8. June says:

Thanks! The crown moulding one is buried deep inside the link you published, if that matters. Enjoyed reading these.

9. Gina says:

I always look forward to your BOTB post! Thanks for sharing :)

10. KATE!!!! Thank you so very much for including our Peanut’s nursery amongst the BOTB this week! What an honor this is coming from you & to be amongst such lovely bloggers. Love ya, my friend!! =]

11. Erin C says:

You do realize that deer lose their antlers every year usually and they don’t have to die for us to have antlers. Here in WV you can find antlers if you go for a long walk in the woods.

12. Kathy says:

Looove the chandelier and the $3.50 price tag and the happy abandoning of convention to make it happen.

FYI: Deer naturally shed their antlers every year. Having real antlers doesn’t require killing a deer.

13. Love the pinecone. I have a thrifted pair of leather pants that would be great for this.

14. arvee says:

I love the desk! ♥ Love the colors!

15. Rachelle says:

Love BOTB! Just a note though, deer and elk drop their antlers each spring and grow new ones each year. We have picked up drops in the mountains and found some really neat ones. My uncle accumulated so many large antlers that he crafted a stair banister using them.

Love your blog!

16. Lesley says:

I was in Paris in August and saw the locks of love!! When I was scrolling through your list, I stopped and yelled out loud and my family asked what it was about. They took a look and all smiled. We found this bridge while wondering one day. Nice memories. :)

Erin and others, I’m just laughing at my ignorance! LOL!! Should have paid more attention in Zoology… oh wait, never took that class! Thanks for the antler lesson!!!! {*and changing text to save face!}
    xoxo

18. Mindy says:

All of those are great to feature, my favorite would have to be the nursery and the grid shelving:)

19. Paula says:

Love that yellow chandelier. A pop of color that you don’t see all that often

20. Allison A. says:

These are all wonderful! What a darling nursery by Freckles Chick! A fun space to welcome her baby girl. Love the dresser Natty painted and the sweet little chair to match.

21. Sarah says:

Thank you for sharing my Crown Molding Trick. I love your BOTB posts! Thanks for including me:)
    ~Sarah

22. Jeannie-JB says:

Beautiful Pics and ideas. Thanks!

23. Carmel says:

Love these posts! How did I miss Freckles nursery?!

24. Carrie says:

BOTB is my favorite blog series to date. I look forward to the beautiful ideas each week, and of course this one did not disappoint. Well done, again!