BOTB 10.30.11

October 30, 2011

Hello and happy Sunday everyone!  Are you ready for Halloween? I’ve got two very excited munchkins who have been wearing their costume practically all weekend long, let’s hope those threads last through the end of Monday’s festivities (fingers crossed).  Amanda and I teamed up again to bring you our favorite picks from across the blogosphere, we hope you’re inspired by all these great projects, enjoy!

Be sure to take a tour of the girls room reveal over at Life in Grace. Don’t miss the fantastic green chest from Sommerset Bay, swoon!

life in grace girls room

Whitney and Dustin from The Rooster and the Hen created a unique mirror with a pallet wood frame from a garage sale find, you won’t believe the before!

pallet mirror the rooster and the hen

You’d never guess with the hand scraped detail that the flooring in Sarah’s updated dining room is actually laminate.  See her new floors over at The Yellow Cape Cod.

yellow cape cod laminate flooring

Stacie from The Three Sweet Peas converted an IKEA Hemnes TV unit into a locker storage solution, so smart!

the three sweet peas ikeahack

Jen at Tatertots & Jello is a great source of ideas, and this week she shares her helpful tips on 14 ways to refashion a coat.

14 ways tatertots

Here’s a clever storage idea, check out Ainhoa’s T-shirt filing system over at A Little Bite of Everything. Genius!

t shirt filing system

If you want to improve your photography skills, be sure to read up on Miss Mustard Seed’s knowledgeable tips on the art of styling.

art of styling mustard seed

Want to know the one and only thing to improving your blog?  Sarah at A Beach Cottage shares her insightful list.  My favorite is #3.

the one and only thing a beach cottage

If you missed the first round, gear up for the next big Pinterest Challenge, hosted by Katie at Bower Power together with some notable compadres.  Pick something you’ve pinned and get busy making your version for a link party on November 2nd!

Thanks so much Amanda for for helping me track down some great picks this week, be sure to visit Amanda at her blog Serenity Now.

amanda tag

If you’d like your latest post or project considered for this weekend series, send it our way to [email protected]

Enjoy the rest of your day!

xo,

cg kate signature

18 Responses to “BOTB 10.30.11”

1. ashlee says:

wow, that girls’ room is AMAZING. what an eye for design. it is SO grown up looking. could even double as a guest room, that’s how pretty it is.

i have a TON of pallet boards lying around. i think i’d like to try my hand at one of these mirrors (i also just happen to have a mirror lying around as well.

2. Thank you for the feature! What a nice surprise! Stop by and visit, many more great ideas to come! :)

XOXO
    Stacie
    The Three Sweet Peas

3. Ashley@LML says:

Those are some lucky girls! I would love to have that room, though I don’t know that my hubby would be too happy in there ;). I’ve seen those photos all over pinterest and am glad to have the source – thanks!

Also, loving the styling tips from Miss Mustard Seed. I’m getting a new camera for christmas and trying to brush up on techniques!

4. Thanks for featuring my project! I’m flattered.
    And I love those girls’ room, it’s beautiful.

5. Beth says:

Ooh, I just love that first one!

6. Shaunna says:

Great choices…all super cool stuff!!!
    :-)
    shaunna

7. Maureen says:

The pallet mirror and the refashioned Ikea cabinet are AWESOME. Might just try those myself :)

8. Allison A. says:

All great projects! Love the girls room!

9. Rebecca says:

Like the pinterest challenge. It is so tempting to always pin and never act on the ideas. beautiful pictures.

10. Sarah says:

Thank you for sharing my new floors! They were a steal, I am so happy to spread the word. Sams Club better stock up. Love CG! Thanks, again. Sarah

11. The blogger community is SO creative!! I love seeing this roundup!

Happy Halloween!

12. RoxanneK says:

The mention of the laminate floors got me wondering: Can laminate floors be sanded and stained like real wood? I don’t like the color of mine and wanted to know if any bloggers have attempted this. Love the BOTB posts each week!

13. Carmel says:

Wow that Ikea locker looks totally custom!

14. Linda Braden says:

Kate, as always, thanks for the great BOTB wrap-up. You are the very first home decor blog I found this past spring and I visit your blog daily. Many projects in my home have been inspired by you — and executed using your excellent tutorials! I just launched my blog this weekend and as I add to my posts, specifically my home tour, there will be plenty of references to you!

Linda

15. Erin says:

Great ideas! Love the inspiration!

16. The storage locker is awesome! I love it! So many good picks to go check out! Thanks for sharing :)

17. Ann says:

What a precious girls room! I’m absolutely trotting over to Life in Grace to check for more details!