BOTB 8.28.11

August 28, 2011

Hello everyone!  I teamed up with Abi again to bring you another weekend roundup, we hope you enjoy these inspiring finds.

Looking for some wainscoting with a little more pizazz?  Pay a visit to Tracy at Soul Style and read about the clever product she installed in her living room, love it!

soul style.ca living room wainscot

On the fence about whether to paint an inherited piece?  Maria shares some sage advice at Colour Me Happy.

best reason to paint old furniture colour me happy

Jesyka D’Itri Marés

Recreate this clever and chic circle brass pendant with The Almost 40 Year Old Intern.

brass chandy 2

Diane shows us her amazing knock off of the RH Laguna Concrete Fire Columns with her version of these concrete hurricane pillars at In My Own Style.

rh hurricane

We’re loving this DIY bar cart makeover over at She’s No Martha, cocktails anyone?

diy bar cart

Repurpose a canvas with a smart trick by Stephanie Lynn at Under the Table and Dreaming (she turned her old canvas into a deer head silhouette).

deer head art

A little bling goes a long way with this simple sequin tote crafted by Anna at In Honor of Design

sequin tote ihod

Have you experienced a completely nasty comment on your blog?  Expose the perp over at this new site and join the movement committed to lifting each other up.

new blog

I take my camera most everywhere and so does Emily at Remodeling This Life.  Be sure to read her reasons why

why i take my camera remodeling this life

Thanks so much Abi for partnering with me again, you can hop over to say hello to Abi at her blog Gadding Gal, her recent post has given me the serious travel bug!

Want your project or post considered for this weekend series?  Be sure to send it our way to [email protected] !

Wishing that all of you on the east coast will stay safe in the wake of Irene.

Take care,

cg-kate-signature_thumb.png

17 Responses to “BOTB 8.28.11”

1. Simple Daisy says:

Oh my goodness….so much lovliness!! My favorite is the pale blue painted hutch! It’s beautiful:)

2. kristin says:

Fabulous round up on my way!
    Enjoy your Sunday!
    XO

3. Hi Kate and Abi-

Thanks for the feature. Not going to be able to enjoy them this weekend. Irene has forced me to stow them safely away in my garage. Loving the bar cart – so chic and versatile.

Hope you both have an enjoyable Sunday.

My best- Diane

4. hamptontoes says:

Love people with DIY prowess! I think the hutch transformation is wonderful. I especially love using wallpaper on the back of hutches, bookcases, armoires.

5. Beth says:

I love that inherited piece that is painted blue! I would never have imagined that could look so cute!

6. Tracy says:

Thanks for featuring me Kate (& Abi) – too fantastic…Tracy/Musings on the Pretty

7. loving the round up – but my favorite is the Hate Mail Blog! Fantastic that there is a group committed to keeping things positive!

8. Great features! Love the Hutch re-do and the pendant light too! Thanks so much for the shout out for My Favorite Hate Mail! We have a lot of fun writing it and love when people send in their comments. :)

9. Kate – thank you so much for featuring me and my little musing. Hope you had a lovely weekend!!

xo

10. Ooohhh what some great links! Love that hutch, it’s scrumptious :)

11. Robyn says:

Love the My Favorite Hate Mail Where Mean Comments Go to Die! Hilarious!!!!!

12. thanks so much for featuring my pendant light diy project! i’m happy to be shared with such great company! xo

13. Maria Killam says:

Hey Kate, thanks for the mention, what a lovely surprise to see it in my inbox today!
    xo
    Maria

14. Kate says:

That wainscoting is over the moon! I’m looking around my living room and imagining….

15. Julie says:

I LOVE the wainscoting you featured from Soul Style. I have been searching all over the internet for something like this for MONTHS after seeing a similar wainscot featured on Martha Stewart. I hopped right on over to the Soul Style blog and then right on over to her wainscot resource web site. I’m gonna have to get me some! Thanks!!

16. Honored to be showcased here! Cocktails are on me! THANKS!

17. […] guys!  I was doing my morning blog reading this morning and came across Kate’s BOTB (Best of the Blogosphere) post.  The very first find that was featured caught my […]