BOTB 5.1.11

May 1, 2011

Crikey, it’s May can you believe it?   Time is a flyin’ by !!   Amanda is back to team up with me for our best picks in our continuing ‘Best of the Blogosphere’ series.   Let’s take a peek at some exceptional creations happening in homes across the land.

A bare wall in Liz Marie’s kitchen now showcases her plate art, complete with a charming yellow bench and turquoise china cabinet, lovely!

plate wall art

Melissa’s Putting it All Together series at 320 Sycamore offers a realistic, detailed guide to creating the perfect room you will love.

melissa binder

Kimba walks us through her extremely helpful step by step in transforming this beautiful armoire at A Soft Place to Land

foyer cabinet makeover kimba

A very clever use of trim in Emily’s living room allowed her to paint one story instead of two.  We’re loving the custom book shelves over at Jones Design Company!

emily living room

Aaron used a glass jug to create a Pottery Barn inspired lamp.  See how you can recreate the look at The Thrifty Abode.

pb knockoff lamp

Let there be {more} light!  Turn a tripod into a lamp with Kristine at The Painted Hive.

tripod to lamp the painted hive

Stacy proves less is more in her living room makeover at Red Door Home.  Definitely fresher and brighter with her homemade panels.

red door living room

Sew your own beautiful wristlet keychain with Amy at The Idea Room (via Infarrantly Creative).

wrist keychain the idea room

Loving Ashley’s thought process of when to create something yourself, buy a cheaper knock off, or invest in the real deal over at The Handmade Home.

the handmade home knock off inspiration list

via Ballard

How do you feel about using old books to make planters for succulents?  Cool or cruel?

succulents in books via apt therapy

Thanks Amanda for teaming up with me again!  You can catch up with Amanda at her blog Serenity Now.

If you’d like your latest project considered for this series, send it on over to [email protected] !

23 Responses to “BOTB 5.1.11”

1. I always look forward to this segment! Thank you for posting it.

2. I love the succulent in the book idea :)! I am off to get a book at a garage sale and some succulents!!!

3. Kacey says:

I just love BOTB! Great inspiration each week. Thanks for putting this together!

Kacey

4. Wow! So fun to be featured here on one of my favorite blogs! Can’t wait to check out all the other great features! Thanks so much!

5. chelsea says:

I LOVE that milk glass plate wall. wow! So gorgeous!
    I have a similar plate wall if you’d like to see it….

;)
    Have a lovely rest of your weekend! Thanks for the inspiration!

6. Always inspiring and FUN! Thanks, ladies, for the eye candy. :) Have a blessed week!

7. Liz Marie says:

Thank you so much for posting my plate wall.. I really do love that wall :) Thanks again.. I’m loving this series… I love going to all these amazing blogs. – Liz Marie

8. Jacqui says:

I really really want that clock!!!

9. Thanks for including my living room redo. I am looking forward to taking a closer look at all the great ideas you highlighted today.

10. Allison says:

It’s always fun to see all of the amazing talent and creativity out there! Fun features! Hope you had a lovely weekend, Kate. The weather was gorgeous!

11. Great post! I think I have a lot of visiting / reading ahead of me based on some of these photos!

12. Great picks! Love the plae wall!
    Stacy @ http://www.conspicuousstyle.om

13. Love your site. Love this series!!! Your site is very inspiring and the writing is good. I just started my site and if you get a chance to stop by….I hope you enjoy.

14. I love the lamps. Thanks for doing this series.

15. Great finds this week! Keep BOTB going — it inspires “the little guys” like me to push ourselves to create something wow enough to be featured.

16. AWE GEEOSH. SHUCKS. You gals made me blush. ;) seriously. so sweet. Thank you. And ps. now I want to try everything on here. The hubs thanks you from the bottom of his heart, in advance.

17. I love BOTB, these ladies are wonderful! Thanks for sharing their great and beautiful ideas!
    Debbie

18. Stacy says:

This is one of my favorite features on any blog! Can’t wait to send you some of my work!

19. Shannon says:

That plate art is so cool and what a great display!

20. Stacy says:

There are some really sweet ideas here. But the book planter makes me weep great big tears. It’s cute. But the thought of maiming a beautiful old book… *sigh*

21. Wow! So honored to be featured by 2 of my favorite bloggers!! Love all these features~
    xo

22. There are so many creative bloggers out there, but it’s hard to find time to find them all. Thanks for posting all of this inspiration in one spot. I love this new series!