Paint Projects: Party Highlights

April 29, 2011

Hey there, thanks so much for linking up to the Paint Projects Party earlier this week, here are a few highlights I wanted to share!

Check out this media wall built by Yellow Brick Home, absolutely fantastic Kim & Scott!

media wall yellow brick home

How lovely is this painted stair runner by Anna at Take the Side Street?  Consider me inspired!

painted runner

Nothing like a fresh coat of white paint to refresh an older piece like this china cabinet by Natty by Design

white painted hutch

Hello gorgeous, how about this painted zebra lampshade by Bon Temps Beignet?  Fantastic!

zebra lampshade

I love this French style buffet by Julie at Less Than Perfect Life of Bliss and the accompanying ‘if you give a girl a buffet’ poem, reminiscent of the popular children’s books by Laura Numeroff.

french-style-buffet-lessthanperfectl[1]

Here’s a great organization idea, stained crates inside a painted hutch by Faded Country.

faded-country-crates.bmp_thumb2

How pretty is this dining room set repainted by B.E. Interiors?

bee interiors provencial table

I love spray painted branches like these by Behind Closed Drawers, they are a simple way to have big impact, and they work for all seasons.

spray painted branches

Speaking of spray paint, Lynda of Focal Point gave her outdoor patio set a new look with some spray paint, and a few other small splurges.

focal point new patio

This bright and cheerful playroom by Emily at Remodeling this Life is a space any child would love!

playroom

You really can paint leather?  Will wonders never cease.  Check out Karen’s ottoman at Shabby Sweet Cottage.

painted leather ottoman 2

Miss Mustard Seed is at it again, this time with another beautiful dresser.  Loving this version!

mustard seed dresser

Here’s an inspiring decoupage desk by Kelly at Back to Domestics.

decoupage desk

Good day sunshine!  I have always loved this fresh yellow dresser by Domestic Adventure.  Love the number knobs!

sunshine yellow dresser

Here’s a swanky gray with gold credenza makeover I spied over at Courtney Out Loud.

gold and gray credenza

Create your own DIY chevron art like Marci at Timber and Lace.

diy chevron art

And there are six new chevron chairs over at the House of Wood.

chevron chairs

Download the pattern to paint your own Ballard Designs inspired floral paintings by Maria and Bryan at Our Lake Life.

ballard floral paintings

Finally, I’m dying to try this idea, using screen print ink and tape to create beautiful patterns on fabric.  Check out Cyndy’s fabulous screen print fabric pillows

screen printed pillow

I’m so grateful to each and every one of you who linked up your projects ~ I love seeing all the great things going on in blog land.  Thanks for sharing your tips, tutorials, and your unique creativity.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Tags: , ,

32 Responses to “Paint Projects: Party Highlights”

1. All beautiful pieces! Especially impressed & intrigued by the painted leather!

2. Kelly says:

How did I miss this link up? I posted a chair I made over with fabric and paint this week.

Lovely projects!

3. Brooke says:

Kate! Thank you so much for featuring my table redo! I just found it and I’m so happy you put it out there:) I am truly honored.

4. Lindsay says:

Wow everyone is so talented! I LOVE the painted yellow stair runner and am totally swooning over Miss Mustard Seeds (love her blog name) dresser! Awesome!

-Lindsay
    Delighted Momma

5. The screen print pillow caught my eye. She did a great job. I’m going to have to give it a try sometime soon. This will save me tons of money on throw pillows.

6. Thank you, Kate! And I’m smitten with the screen print pillow. Wowza.

7. What amazing projects. I must link my oldest, but latest project up the next time. I am never good at remembering when the linky parties go live…lol

Rashon aka Mr. Goodwill Hunting

8. What amazing projects. I must link my oldest, but latest project up the next time. I am never good at remembering when the linky parties go live…lol

Rashon aka Mr. Goodwill Hunting

9. AHHHHH! Holy crepe. Thanks for featuring my lamp : ) You made my day, Kate!!

10. Karen says:

Thanks so much Kate, I’m beyond thrilled that you featured my ottoman. I can’t stop smiling.

11. Sarah says:

Hey Kate! What an honor to be featured. You made my day!

12. Allison says:

All amazing projects! Have a lovely weekend, Kate!

13. Oh my gosh Kate, I am over the moon to see that you mentioned my screen print paint and tape pillows! So thrilled! Thank you! I do hope you try them as they are SO easy and fun to do! Thank you so much! You made my day!
    Thank you!
    Cheers!
    Cyndy

14. A says:

Love these photos! I like everything here! Have a terrific weekend, Anne

15. Andrea B says:

Thanks for the shout-out! I got a lot of great ideas from this link party. Can’t wait to try some of them in my own home.

16. josie says:

Loved all these projects!!

17. Kacey says:

Lots of talent and great ideas! What a fun party.

Have a lovely weekend!
    Kacey

18. Angela Miller says:

love the champs elysee and all the dresses at shabby apple! so hard to decide!

19. bobbi says:

I love the yellow dresser, and the media wall in the first picture!

20. Katie says:

LOVE the hutch and crates idea!!

21. Thanks for the feature, Kate! What a pleasant surprise! :) There are so many great transofrmations here…awesome party.

22. worldwidemom says:

All beatiful! I love the chairs!

23. barbara w says:

this is a great website love it

24. Julie says:

Thanks so much for featuring my buffet, Kate. So honored to be among so many great projects :)

25. Thanks for the feature, Kate!! xo

26. I really love this post parties for always introducing me to a bunch of great blogs! I think the zebra shade is my favorite.

27. Catherine says:

Love the crate chest! I’ve been looking for old crates for my home, but they’re so difficult to find on the cheap – once they’ve made it into trendy vintage furniture stores, the prices are already jacked up beyond the standards of centsational girls everywhere! Great feature!
    – Catherine at The Spring

28. Marci says:

Thanks for hosting such a great party Kate. Also thanks for including my chevron art in your feature. So many amazing ideas all in one place. I can’t wait to put these ideas to use in my home.

29. barb~ says:

What a wonderful sweet and giving spirit you have, Kate! I loved reading the excited responses and thanks yous from those artists you featured. You made my heart sing today!!! I hope everyone will get inspired from you, Miss Inspirational, and light up the life of another with a kind word!

30. Simple Daisy says:

I love all of your picks!! Painted leather…who knew!
    ps…i’m having a little give-away on my blog! Stop on over if you have a minute:)

31. Love the media unit by yellow brick home and the yellow changing station. Thanks for sharing!

32. I know I already thanked you via twitter, Kate, but I wanted to say THANKS again. Your site is one of my favorites and I was incredibly flattered to see this post and be featured among these other amazing ladies and their projects. You’re the best! :)