BOTB {Best of the Blogosphere} 4.23.11

April 23, 2011

Hello!  Hope you’re enjoying this Easter weekend!  Today Abi and I joined forces yet again to bring you our picks for the best of the blogosphere this week.

This garden table by Marianne at Songbird has me wanting to build a potting bench pronto.

songbird garden table

Morgan at Pepper Design blog has a new mantel she stained and installed herself, love this new look!

stained mantel pepper design

Turn a suitcase into a perfect birthday picnic case with Funkytime via Design*Sponge.

suitcase picnic via design sponge funkytime blog

Kim at Newly Woodwards stitched this amazing boy’s quilt, wish I had these skills!

boy quilt newly woodwards

We love how Lydia at Pudel Design created this Anthropologie inspired bowl with spray paint and ceramic birds.

anthro inspired bowl

Learn the step by step on this DIY scroll mirror over at Home Depot.

hope depot scroll mirror via apt therapy

Make large scale wall art with big impact with plywood sheets, stain and a Dremel with Jess at Hill Country Homebody.

large scale wall art hill country homebody

Build a fantastic bubble chandelier with Natalie at Mint Love Social Club

bubble chandelier

We’re loving Anne’s cheerful big girl art gallery wall at Hello Neuman’s.

big girls art collage hello neumans

We’re wishing we’d been invited to this pancake pajama party by Cassie at Hi Sugarplum

pancake pajama party

Bake sweet pies in a jar for your next picnic with both TidyMom and Not Martha. Definitely on our to do list this summer!

bake pie in a jar

Simply swooning over this wallpapered accent wall and gorgeous painted bottles by Natalie at Beach House in the City.

painted bottles beachhouseinthecity

Be sure to read Crystal’s inspiring personal story of how Rue Magazine began.

crystal plush palate story

Finally, here’s a great resource: 20 Shoppers Guides for Renters at Apartment Therapy.  A great list for homeowners too, including sources for peel & stick wallpaper, sleeper sofas, and small space dining solutions.

peel and stick wallpaper

Abi, you are an awesome scout, thanks for helping me round up so many of these links this week!  Be sure to hop on over and say hello to Abi at her blog Gadding Gal

abi bio

Which feature is your favorite?

Got a project you want considered for this series?  Send it our way to [email protected] !

The ‘All Things Paint’ link party posts at 9 a.m. EST on Monday (6 a.m PST) so get your paint projects, tips & tutorials ready!  I just refinished a lovely dresser for a friend’s nursery, can’t wait to show it to you then.

blues and branches tablescape

Have a beautiful Easter Sunday!!

31 Responses to “BOTB {Best of the Blogosphere} 4.23.11”

1. Theresa says:

Thanks for sharing all of these tips! I see a couple that I just might try:) Have a blessed Easter!

2. Michelle says:

Some great features. Love the little picnic basket. Too cute!

3. Anne says:

Beautiful post with alot of glorious info. Glad I came over. Happy Easter to you! Anne

4. Love the photo of the modern sideboard and the bubble lights. Thanks for collecting such great links every week.

5. I loved this post! I have so many ideas for my own home now :) I especially loce the bird bowl and the painted bottles!

6. Anne says:

What a fun surprise to be featured this week! I am so glad yall liked Ashlyn’s “big girl” room art collage – and the other ideas on here are so awesome! Thanks!!

7. Natalie says:

Thank you soooooo much for the “shout out!!” Love all the other ideas and links too!!

8. Hard to choose a favorite when they’re all awesome. :) Great collection – I love this series.

Happy Easter, Kate and family!

9. natalie says:

Thank you so much for featuring my bubble chandelier! Have a wonderful Easter weekend. <3

10. Laura says:

Love the simple painted bottles!

11. Lindsay says:

The Anthro bowl and painted bottles are two of my favs! Beautiful! Have a wonderful Easter :)

Delighted Momma

12. Sibylle says:

thank you for featuring my picnic suitcase;-) happy easter!

13. TidyMom says:

Happy Easter Kate! Love all the features! Thanks for featuring my pies!

14. gnee says:

Al great features! Happy Easter…

15. kantuta says:

LIndas cosas siempre encuentro en este lugar ,gracias por compartir.
    carinos

16. I just love this feature! Has introduced me to a lot of new bloggers! Loving the bubble chandelier how-to!

17. Great ideas! Especially love the bubble chandelier — and the lively pancake and pajama party table! thanks for sharing such an inspirational roundup! -susan

18. Great ideas! Especially love the bubble chandelier — and the lively pancake and pajama party table! thanks for sharing such an inspirational roundup! -susan

19. Thank you so much for featuring my idea;)
    That is so amazing!
    You`ve made my day;)

LOvely greetings and big hugs…

20. Julie says:

Really loved the idea of the tempaper-I’m in the process of moving again into a bigger rental and it needs a lot of work…this would be a great and affordable way for me to add some ooph! into the walls!

21. Happy Easter! I love them all! I just got a $1 yard sale suit case and what a great idea! Thanks,
    Debbie

22. jessica says:

Oh I am soo giddy! Thanks for featuring our wall art!

23. Hi Kate! Thanks so much for featuring the new mantel!! And thank you for introducing me to several fabulous new blogs!

Take care! Morgan

24. Garden table..Yes please !!! /marie

25. Lots of great ideas. Love that quilt. It’s so hard to find nice ones for boys. The colors are great.

26. Fantastic picks! I love the mantel – makes me want to paint my fireplace, also.

27. Michaela says:

Love all these projects! I love making those painted bottles, but I spray paint mine on the outside which is a little different from Natalie’s approach…love her idea to do it inside!

28. oh my gosh… I can’t handle getting this much inspiration that I LOVE in one post! WAY TO GO! I LOVE that bubble light, the scroll mirror, the beautiful bright table setting, and everything else!!! Thanks for sharing! I’m putting that bubble light and the scroll mirror on my upcoming to-do list!!!

29. Hi Kate,
    What a wonderful surprise to see my garden table here on your blog!!! Thank you so much for including me in such a wonderful group of bloggers.

30. Thanks for the love, Kate!!!! Honored to see my girl’s Pancake Party over here!!!