BOTB {Best of the Blogosphere} 4.10.11

April 10, 2011

It’s another round of BOTB, this time I’m bringing you a few of my favorite finds from around blog land, plus a bunch spotted by another contributor.  Say hello to Abi from Gadding Gal!  She’s a DIY and travel loving gal after my own heart, and I’m so happy to bring Abi on board as a scout for bringing you the best of what’s going on in the blogosphere this past week.  Together, we compiled this list for you.  Let’s get started!

Easter is around the corner, how sweet are these fortune Easter eggs by Poppytalk?

fortune eggs

Jessica of How About Orange crafted this creative compliment bunting.  It can’t help but lift the spirits!

diy compliment bunting howaboutorange

Adrianne and Jeremy at Dream Book Design patiently transformed this card catalog cabinet into something truly special.  You must read the story!

card catalog buffet dreambookdesign

This card display by Jessica at Living the Life Swell has us chirping a happy tune, and also on the hunt for bird and botanical postcards.

bird postcards livingthe lifeswell

This pairing of Hollywood starlets with gorgeous interiors from Lonny Magazine by Victoria at sfgirlbybay is so fun.  I’m especially loving the interiors matched up to Goldie, Bette, Julie, and the late Liz.

sfgirlbybay separated at birth post

This fretwork inspired mirror project at Hello Newman’s has us wanting to trim some wood with a miter saw to upgrade a standard mirror.  Fabulous!

mirror botb

Liz at It’s Great to Be Home transformed these IKEA chairs for the better, wow!

chairs its great to be home

Here are five ideas for keeping kids entertained at a restaurant from Alison at How Does She.  I’m quite sure we will be playing this very game of tic-tac-toe to distract the kiddos while we wait for dinner!

kid tic tac toe how does she

These jam jar charms by Karen of The Art of Doing Stuff are nothing short of charming, plus her blog is a must read.

berry jar charm theartofdoingstuff

Kami crafts these festive balls out of colorful yarn.

yarn balls make and take

We’d be smiling too Wendy if our cubicle space looked as cheerful and fresh as yours

cubicle love

We’re loving this bathroom makeover by Sweet Chaos Home.  You won’t believe it when you see the ‘Before’ !

bathroom makeover botb

Here’s another master bathroom makeover by Batchelor’s Way that has us swooning, and all done on a budget, including a marble countertop snagged for $10 bucks.

batchelors way bathroom makeover

Together with Jen from Tatertots & Jello, Shelley from House of Smiths turned a plain IKEA rug into this gorgeous chevron accent rug

hos cheveron

Great roundup right?  So much creativity and inspiration !

Thanks so much Abi for helping me round up the best of the blogosphere!   You can visit Abi at her blog Gadding Gal, and travel vicariously with her on her recent visit to Madrid which has me wanting to book a trip to Spain right away.  *sigh*

abi bio

Want your project considered for the weekend BOTB post?  Send it our way to [email protected].

31 Responses to “BOTB {Best of the Blogosphere} 4.10.11”

1. Chris Cross says:

Wow, lots of inspiration in today’s post. I am a huge lover of great fabric and love today’s giveaway. I have been redecorating my house since late last fall and my next project is my bedroom. Really excited about new fabric for curtains and pillows.

2. Oooo, some fabulous projects here – thanks!

3. Hello Kate and Abi,

Once again you have found some great stuff out there in the blogoshere..well done.

Janet xox

4. Summer says:

Ooooo, love those ikea chairs!!!! That fabric just makes me soooooo happy. Is that weird?

And how genius is that tic tac toe??? Why have I never thought of that?!? I totally could have used that back in my bad dating days. =)

5. kalanicut says:

That is a fantastic collection. It’s impossible to choose a favorite or two or three. Lovely. Thanks for sharing, mucho inspiring. Have a great weekend all.

6. I don’t know how you found my little blog, but I’m so happy you did :) I’m honored that you chose my bathroom for your BOTB. Thank you so much!

7. Karena says:

Wow I excited to visit some of these sites that are new to me!! Thanks Kate and Abi!

xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

8. I may never get outside on this beautiful day after seeing all these great blogs that I HAVE to now visit. I love this new series, makes blog surfing so much more easier :) Not to mention how it is going to make my google reader go crazy adding more blogs to read!

9. Anne says:

thanks so much for featuring our little mirror project. I am so flattered :) xoxo – Anne

10. I am thrilled that you are doing this new series. I feel strongly about sharing the talents of the creative, talented bloggers that are out there. That’s how I started my website. Thanks for the weekly inspiration!

11. KirstenL4W says:

I love this series! It certainly gives me plenty of great reading for the day.

12. YEAH! What a great list and for adding the restaurant ideas in there!
    Thank you!!!

13. Natalie Cox says:

The chairs have to be my favorite! I can’t believe she painted them!!!

14. Kathryn says:

Wow – love LOVE that card catalog, and the vintage bird series gives me an idea for what to do with some vintage floral stuff I have :) Lovely.

15. What a thrill to be featured on your fab blog with all of these other wonderful projects!!! I’m a happy chick. :)

16. Another wonderful roundup…………..looking forward to checking them out.

PS: Gotta love those painted chairs, now I know what to do with our plain white ones….can’t wait!

17. I love love love the compliment bunting.

18. Wow! Thank you so much Kate! I’m honored to be included in your roundup!
    There are so many fabulous projects around blog world, I don’t know how you even start to narrow them down :)
    Thank you again, friend!

PS. I have some fun things to chat with you about, in the near future. I’ll be shooting you an email soon :)

~Shelley Smith

19. Allison says:

Look at all of that talent and creativity! They are all amazing. Fun series, Kate!

20. Welcome Abi!!! Oh. And hi Kate. Thank you so much for including that card catalogue buffet. Holy crap. I love it. I feel like the legs don’t really match it, and that’s *exactly* why I LOVE it. Makes it even quirkier than it already is. PERFECT! Thank you Abi. Oh. And you too Kate. ;)

21. Great round-up! What some transformations here. Thanks Kate and Abi!

xo,
    cristin

22. Tia says:

Oh My!!! I wish I could decorate my cubicle like that.. pretty awesome =)

23. Ronda says:

Thanks so much to be on your Best of Blogsphere. I’m so flattered.
    Ronda

24. Allison says:

I love the DIY rug but have to wonder if that is a true chevron pattern. I know it’s being knit picky but I see zig-zag not chevron. Anyone else?

25. AWESOME stuff here! I looooove that bathroom with the big tub – beautiful.

26. [...] You guys have totally blown me away with your awesome feedback on our breakfast room chairs – thank you so much!  I feel like I’ve had a perma-grin on my face for the last few days.  :)  (And a huge thanks to Centsational Girl for including my chairs in her “best of the blogosphere” feature!) [...]

27. The tic-tac-toe is GREAT! So simple and makes perfect sense.

28. Rugger says:

Awesome! I just don’t have the time to search the web for all the great ideas and inspriation. Thanks for putting it all in one great place! Once again you are Centsational!

29. Linda says:

I can’t wait to check these out !!!! Thanks gals.

30. Wendy says:

Thanks for the mention on the workspace makeover — and so sorry for the delay in the commenting – it’s been so busy these days that i don’t get around to many blogs anymore :(

31. Cheryl says:

Loved your “best of the blog!” I found you from “Its Great to be Home. What fabulous creativity you showcased, and YOU did the legwork. Thanks.
    I particularly liked the painted IKEA chairs. It really does NOT seem possible they were a DIY project, but the tutorial proved it. Loved it.