January Favorites

January 31, 2011

Happy day friends, how’s your Monday?  Can you believe it’s almost February?  Good gracious time’s a flyin’ by.  I couldn’t let this month end without sharing just a few of my favorite projects, images, and articles found online.

I love citrus in January, especially Heather’s mandarins.

heather's citrus

This stenciled ceiling from Not JUST a Housewife is incredible.  Oh what patience, but what a result!

not just a housewife stenciled ceiling

I just adore this tree bookshelf by Design Artist, featured over at Design Dazzle, the perfect addition to any playroom or kid space.

tree bookshelf via design dazzle

Here’s a great bathroom reno by Sand & Sisal, you’ve got to see the ‘before’ !

sand and sisal bathroom reno

Don’t miss Katie’s tips on How To Glaze Furniture

katie glaze

Another great post, Nester’s tips on How To Shop One King’s Lane (a favorite stop of mine for online shopping too).

nester amy butler rug.bmp

I’d never get tired of the colors in this kitchen.  So serene!

r&w kitchen 2 via inspiration for decorationvia Inspiration for Decoration

Speaking of fabulous kitchens, I’m swooning over Thomas O’Brien’s featured this morning at The City Sage.   Plenty of crisp white balanced with wood and natural tones, plus stainless steel appliances – this is another favorite look.

thomas obrien kitchen via thecitysage

Here are some fantastic Valentine crafts: this charming doily matchbox by Craftynest and these cupcake liner pom poms by Kara’s Party Ideas (found via One Pretty Thing).

doily matchbox and pom pom

Thank you Julia for featuring the Stonecroft Southern Living showcase home.  I think sage green is making a comeback (or did it ever go out of style?)  The colors, the coffered ceiling, the perfect balance of comfort and elegance in this living room.

southern living showcase home

How brilliant is this BESTA Ikea hack featured on Apartment Therapy’s Unplggd ?   So inspired by the style and creativity here.

ikea hack via unplugd

Finally, I’m outlining an eBook and Mandi’s tips really helped motivate me to start.

swirl snip

Here were my top articles in January, just in case you missed them:

Budget Bathroom Makeover + Links to over 100 more

Style + Storage: A Bare Wall Transformed

Me and IKEA, It’s Complicated

Reupholstered Velvet Chair

Ten Lessons Learned from Building a Kitchen

New York + Nate

swirl snip

What inspired you this month?  Did you stumble across an incredible project or link in January?  Please share, I’d love to see!

xoxo,

cg kate signature

29 Responses to “January Favorites”

1. All these pics are gorgeous! Great inspiration :)

2. The Ikea makeover is my favorite. They turned an inexpensive piece of furniture into an amazing new “expensive” looking piece. Great transformation!

Makes me want to re-think some of my next DIY projects. Haha!

3. Eileen says:

I love that kitchen too.. actually, I think the whole house is pretty much my dream house! More pictures here: http://www.houseofturquoise.com/2010/10/southern-highlands-readers-home.html

4. ahhhh I want a can of white paint and a paintbrush to magically appear in my hands now! =)

5. Tracie says:

Looky here Kate! Thanks for the inspiration….coming together!!

6. Wow, that bathroom before and after is impressive.

7. Listen to you talkin’ like a born-and-bred Southerner! You should come to North Carolina next. . . we could continue your Southern education over here in the Colonies.

It was such fun to meet you at Blissdom, Kate. Thanks for making the trek all the way from sunny California!

8. Natasha says:

WOW! I love all this inspiration! Thanks for sharing! :)

9. Andrea says:

I’m pretty sure I have to replicate that stenciled ceiling. How gorgeous!

10. Stacy says:

Thanks for the feature! How on earth did I not know about your site??? It is fabulous. I noticed my stats were off the charts and figured out where everyone was coming from. I am a new follower :)

11. Lila Ferraro says:

I think this post has inspired me! I love the stenciled ceiling but, most of all, I love the blue dresser against the brown wall. That is a beautiful color scheme!
    xoxo
    Lila Ferraro

12. Thank you Kate for the shout out! In these January Favorites, I’m coveting the gorgeous ceiling and soothing colors of the Stonecroft Southern Living home! It was a delight to meet you in person at Blissdom!

13. I’m going to grab a mandarin orange and get some tips on One Kings Lane.
    Mary Ann

14. that ceiling must be amazing to look at while falling asleep. I would love that…. *swoon*

15. Kasey says:

Love, love, love all of the photos. I especially love that kitchen [5th one up from bottom] photo. It seriously makes me want to go out and buy some white paint. Come home and paint my cabinets.. so much so I would even skip the sanding stage [ha... ya... right]. :)

16. Thanks for the link, Kate — can’t wait to see what you come up with!

And I’m totally coveting that book shelf now!

17. That Ikea cabinet is fantastic. So edgy and chic–I just love it!

18. Ananda Glick says:

I’m so mad at you for showing me that amazing tree bookshef that costs almost 3k!!!!! Now I want it – how am I going to convince my husband we need a 3,000 dollar shelf?

19. My heart went pitter patter over that kitchen, then I realized I bookmarked the same kitchen recently. I must really love it!
    xoxo

20. Jenny says:

That first kitchen is so gorgeous! I love everything about it!

21. wiping up the puddle of drool.

seriously…that ceiling. that tree bookcase.

please do this eye candy post every month!

22. I will never cease to be amazed at what all of the ladies in blogland can do! I love seeing people make their houses into homes!
    Happy February!

23. Teresa says:

Love the Ikea makeover….am making a trip there soon….You are so talented….Love your blog

24. skye says:

actually – you were one of my inspirations this month! i read this post http://www.centsationalgirl.com/2010/04/go-right-ahead-and-paint-that-laminate/ about a zillion times and then finally talked myself into buying that primer. so i did. and i used it last night. and i love it. check it out! :) http://neatheringourfest.blogspot.com/2011/02/shmily.html thank you kate! :)

25. Rhenicia says:

wow, lovely favorites!

26. Ashley says:

I LOVE that Ikea Hack! It always amazes me what people can do with simple ingredients! I’m always looking for my next DIY, and this might be it!

27. I really like that “green livingroom”. It is so elegant and sooo serene. Although I am afraid it would never work in our house, but one can always dream… ;-)

28. Glad you liked that house as much as I did. Just love those soft colors! Thanks for the shout-out, Kate–and for all these fun links to check out! :-)