Fan-tastic Feature: Silver Leaf Dresser

December 5, 2010

Y’all know I’m a fan of a great before and after, and if it has a little sparkle going on, I’m smitten!  Reader Barbara sent over this dresser redo, and I simply can’t take my eyes off of this beauty.  Want to see how to turn a plain Jane wood IKEA dresser into a sophisticated piece for your boudoir?

ikea dresser

silver leaf dresser

Silver leaf!  Crystal knobs!  Glamorous black frame!

silver leaf dresser 2

Hop on over to visit Barbara at Hodge Podge for her step by step!

23 Responses to “Fan-tastic Feature: Silver Leaf Dresser”

1. They did an amazing job.

Mr. Goodwill Hunting

2. Judy says:

Wow! Great before and after.

3. Yuppie Lady says:

I need to step up my DIY game. This looks really good!

4. Emily says:

That’s cool! Silver leaf is the devil, so delicate to work with

5. Wendy says:

Good work! I love what silver leaf can do to transform an object!

6. a good before/after ever fails to surprise me!
    xo

7. Thanks for featuring me Kate! Gotta love silver leaf and crystal!

8. Jessica R. says:

It looks great!

On a random note, how did you make it “snow” on your blog? There are little white dots drifting across my computer screen that look like falling snow–pretty neat especially since we woke up to a light dusting of snow this morning and it NEVER snows in southeastern Virginia!

9. Karena says:

Really fabulous before and after! I love silver and gold leafing…

xoxo

Karena
    Art by Karena

10. Wow! Who would have thought? It’s really spectacular and unexpected. Great job, Barbara. Thanks, Kate for sharing it!

11. Allison says:

What a beautiful dresser! Very Hollywood Glam now. The silver and the crystal are gorgeous together. I need to follow Barbaras’s step by step and try silver leaf. I have never attempted it.

12. ban clothing says:

What an awesome idea. I have a few pieces of furniture that look like the before… they were my husbands and I have inherited them. I was planning on purging them as we buy better quality furniture however, this post has really inspired me to try to do something with them. The silver leaf looks beautiful and the dresser no longer looks cheap.

13. LiveLikeYou says:

This is genius!! How elegant!!

14. Absolutely beautiful! Great job!

15. Katrina says:

I lvoe seeing ikea hacks — and this one is so pretty – loving the silver leaf!!

16. Katrina says:

I love seeing ikea hacks — and this one is so pretty – loving the silver leaf!!

17. Cindy says:

LOVE it. :)

18. Nuha says:

i love silver leaf anything, but i’m always too afraid to try it. this looks incredible! xoxo

19. Such a wonderful before & after!! Barbara, your Ikea hack is awesome :) Great work,
    Nancy

20. Great MakeOver! I’ve done a little something like that myself…

21. LOOOOOVE this! I will be doing this ASAP! You should post this to Ikeahacker This is WAY better than most of the stuff they have on there! So glam and unique! I think I’m gonna try mine in white. This would be great on tables too with LOTS of sealer over it! I am totally in love! Oh and question for you…where did you get that lamp that’s on the top of it? Ikea? I’ve seen one similar to it there but not in that color! Its gorgeous!!! Great job!

22. To answer Kelsey’s question, the lamp is from Homesense, the Canadian equivalent to the US Homegoods. Cost me $39.99!

23. Sondra Healy says: