Bring on the Bubbly!

December 30, 2010

New Year’s Eve always brings to mind streamers, sparkles and bubbly.  This year, we’ve decided to dress comfortably, stay indoors, and entertain friends.  Even though we’re keeping it casual, I set this pretty table in silver, pink, and gold for the festive occasion.  Time to bring on the bubbly!

cg hanging ornaments

This fun branch centerpiece was inspired by this grapevine candelabra.

cg branch silver centerpiece

It’s a manzanita branch spray painted silver ~ those little tea lights are attached with just hot glue and secured with silicone.

cg tealights on branch

The place settings are layered with a simple silver charger, snowflake dinner plate (found last year at Target), and these cloth napkins from Crate + Barrel.

cg new years eve place setting

Of course I now realize the knife is technically on the wrong side.  Details. .

These sweet snowflake vases play off the dinner plates.  White mums share the spotlight with pink holiday glittery sprigs.

cg white mums snowflake vase

Sparkling ornaments and curly gold ribbon hang from the chandelier.

suspended silver ornament

They remind me of the bubbles in champagne !

cg hanging ornaments from chandy

Speaking of bubbly, no New Year’s Eve party is complete without it!  This year, we’re mixing up a favorite Kir Royale.

Start with Crème de Cassis in your glass for sweetness and color . . .

creme de cassis

Pour sparkling wine or champagne . . .

cg pour kir royale

. . . to arrive at this pretty cocktail!

A lemon twist or some pomegranate seeds would be the perfect garnish.

cg pink champagne vintage glass

My hub bought me these vintage crystal champagne glasses last year at an antique fair, so sweet!  That tablecloth is simply a silver sparkly sheer piece of fabric found for $5 at the fabric store, layered over a pewter damask tablecloth.

cg new years place setting

It’s sure to be a fun night !

cg champagne on ice

cg happy new year hat

Wishing you all the Happiest New Year.

Stay warm, be safe, see you next year!

62 Responses to “Bring on the Bubbly!”

1. It sounds (and looks!) like it will be a fabulous evening! We haven’t been out to do anything exciting for NYE in a looooong time. My sister, her hubby, and their baby will come over for dinner tomorrow night…then maybe some board games and dessert. I doubt they’ll stay til the ball drops (baby and all), but it will be the most exciting NYE we’ve had in a while. How lame is that???!!

2. Jill says:

Absolutely love it! The colors are such a simple combo but look gorgeous together.

3. Nelly says:

What time should I be by?

4. So festive and fun!! Just beautiful Kate! I don’t drink, so we will be toasting in the New Year with Martinelli’s…staying home and keeping it casual. Enjoy your evening and Happy New Year to you sweet friend!!!

Hugs and love,
    Victoria

5. Elizabeth says:

Kate! I just love your tablescape. It always amazes me how you can pull together things from random places to be so beautiful and seamless (read: envy)! I wish you the happiest of 2011 and I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating with friends and family. I can’t wait to see what projects come your way in 2011! Best Wishes!

6. SJN says:

What a fun and inviting tablescape! I love the colors together! You’ll have a great time I’m sure. We’re scheduled for a big night out, but I doubt I’ll be there unless my fever/cold miraculously goes away overnight. :-(

7. Samantha says:

SO beautiful and so fun, I love all your attention to detail! Happy New Years!! ~Sam

8. We are staying in also this year and I’m excited about it! I love you pink and silver with a touch of gold theme….just beautiful:) Happy New Year!

9. What a pretty and festive table!! Have a wonderful evening.
    I stopped going out on New Year’s Eve many years ago, plus I rarely make it til midnight anyway! :-D
    Have a very healthy, prosperous, and Happy New Year!
    Glenda

10. Karen says:

What a beautiful and festive table.I absolutely love the branch candelabra.Have a Happy New Year!!!

11. tracy says:

Beautiful table setting. We are planning on staying in and enjoying cards with my SIL and her hubby. We are cooking cornish hens for supper yummy.

12. LOVE the pink and gold! Happy New Year friend!

13. ButterYum says:

Have a great New Year, Kate. Looking forward to seeing what you have to share in 2011.

ButterYum

14. Melissa S says:

This is Beautiful Kate!

15. Loribeth says:

What a lovely table! So festive!!! We still haven’t figured out what we’re going to do on New Year’s Eve.

16. Ashley says:

colors look great! Love the combo!

17. What time does the party start?

Wishing you much joy and good health in 2011!

xo,
    cristin

18. Absolutely gorgeous! Can I come to the party?!! :) Have fun and happy new year! Cheers!

19. Kendra {house of ficek} says:

That branch is so fun, and I wouldn’t even have to leave home to get supplies! We’re keeping it casual here too.

20. Elisabeth says:

So pretty and guess what? I have manzanitas everywhere I look. Maybe I’ll try this original idea sometime. I really like how you added the tea light candles.

Have a fun night.

Elisabeth

21. Lisa says:

Love your table Kate! I have one WARNING! If you plan on lighting your tea candles, the heat will melt the hot glue holding them to the branch (I learned this the hard way). I’ve found clear silicon works better when heat is involved – it takes a little longer to set, but once it does, the heat doesn’t bother it and they will stay in place, and no fire hazard.

Have a wonderful evening ringing in the new year!

22. What time should we all be over? What a gorgeous set up. I love it. The pink is such a great pop with the silver.

23. Tiffany says:

Happy New Year!

24. Michelle says:

OH, THE CUTENESS! You rule.

25. L.Duncan says:

Im with cristin, what time does your party start?!?!?! So pretty Kate. Im in love with the colors you chose! Happy New Year girl!

26. Charo says:

Happy New Year!!! My best wishes for you and for your lovely family!

Besos
    Charo

27. Erin says:

Gorgeous table! Hopefully you got to indulge in your props after the photo shoot :)

28. Chrissy says:

Wow, I just love the depth of your photos. This is really inspiring me to play around with my new D7000 and not be afraid I will drop it or something??? We are just staying home and ringing in the New Year with our daughter.
    Thanks for all your inspiring tips and have a Happy New Year!

29. looks fantastic – I knew I should have kept those snowflake plates in my cart today at Target! :) Happy New Year!

30. Amy says:

That looks amazing, you are so creative and talented!

31. Looks so fabulous and fun… can I come?! ;) Have a great time! Happy New Year!! xoxo

32. Your table is BEAUTIFUL! I just bought those merimekko napkins and C and B and put them with my white plates as well. But you have taken it to the next level here- great ideas! Glad I stumbled upon your blog. Thanks-

33. Cathy M~ says:

gorgeous! that is the color of pink I am wearing on NY eve!! what a fun post!!

34. Allison says:

Me, too…what time shall I be there? How pretty, Kate. Great colors! I’m really liking the hot pink these days. Have a fun evening and I wish you a healthy and happy 2011!

35. Bobi says:

Adorable! This makes me wish I was hosting a NYE party:)

36. Rachel says:

The branch is GORGEOUS! I love the colors you’ve used. I’ll be linking to your fabulous idea. Happy New Years!

Excellent tip Lisa, I will do that! I do happen to have some silicone, I will use it to ‘back up’ my hot glue!

38. Mary Ann says:

So pretty. Oh my gosh…talk about casual tomorrow night…we are wearing pjs. But it is sure to be a bit elegant so I will have my camera handy at the soirée. Happy New Year.
    Mary ann

39. Andi says:

Have a wonderful time! See you next year. xx

40. A new year celebration right on the heels of your Christmas party, you really are and energetic and giving person. Celebrations at home with a few good friends are often the best way to ring in the new year.

Thank you for another year of inspiration. Happy new year!

41. Ashly says:

Your tablescapes are always amazing!!! I hope you have a Happy New Year!

42. liz says:

This all looks so amazing!! Happy New year and best in 2011!!

43. Judy says:

Everything looks amazing. Can’t wait to see what you do in 2011. Happy New Year.

44. I love the manzanita centerpiece with the glued on votive candles – that’s such a great idea! Can’t wait to use for one of our future dinners :). Take care and happy New Year Kate!

45. mydesignchic says:

Your table is fabulous…so festive!! Happy New Year and all the best for the coming year!!

46. Your table is beautiful! Happy New Year to you and your family. Thanks so much for a year of inspiration.

47. gorgeous!! love all the sparkle!!

48. Carol says:

Happy New Year!! What a beautiful tablescape!!

Carol in GA

49. Lori says:

What a beautiful table, I will borrow some of these ideas for tomorrow. My second oldest daughter turns 21 on New Year’s Day and we are having a big family dinner and celebration. I hope my table looks half as beautiful as yours and I will be so thrilled!

50. laurie says:

Looks soooo pretty, Kate! Party Central to be sure!! The pink just pops against the white and silver! Have a great time bringing in the new year! :) xoxo laurie

51. I hope you had a lovely Christmas! Happy New Years! Here’s to a fabulous new year!

52. Susan says:

Beautiful table, Kate! Elegant and festive! Happy New Year to you and your family!
    xo
    Susan

53. Diana says:

Happy New Year, Kate! Just wanted to thank you for all your wonderful posts. They’re such a inspiration to me.

54. your friends are going to feel so special. . .it would so make me smile to walk in and see that table set for me!

55. Sarah says:

I don’t normally decorate for New Years, or if I do it’s Buckeye decorations and anything that goes with whatever bowl game we got in. Your decorations are really pretty, maybe I’ll try some decorations next year.

56. Anita says:

This is beautiful!! Happy New Year!!

57. so beautiful, you did an awesome job!! hope you had a wonderful night! happy 2011!!! xo

58. Sandi says:

These pictures are beautiful!!! What a festive table!!

I can’t wait to see what you have in store for your blog in 2011!! I’m sure it will amaze us as always.

Happy New Year!!
    Sandi

59. Marie says:

That’s gorgeous, love the colors. I agree, it’s so much fun to keep it casual and stay in with friends, but I love the fact that you went all out with decor to make your guests feel special and honor the festivity of the occasion. Wish you all the best for 2011, and thank you for all your inspiration!

60. Kathy :) says:

Happy New Year

All the best,
    Kathy :)

61. Good morning! I just mentioned how helpful your advice has been in my latest post.
    Thanks so much.
    Mary Ann

62. Kristie says:

I love the balls hanging from the chandelier. I used this idea for my New Years party and it looked great – thanks!