A Perfect December Day

December 21, 2010

A perfect December day consists of a visit to a friend’s house . . .

mia mantel

. . . and appreciating her seasonal touches.

nutcracker collection

Embracing the season for all its beauty . . .

holiday vignette

simple silver decor

. . . and a great before and after.

before and after house

Starting a new project . . .

primer on cabinet

. . .while listening to the rain fall outside.

raindrops in red poinsettia

No obligations, no schedules, no reason to dress up.  Just good friends, happy children, a warm fire, sweet treats and hot chocolate.

Wishing you your definition of a perfect day this holiday season!

xoxo

29 Responses to “A Perfect December Day”

1. Jamie says:

That was the most beautiful thing i’ve ever read – how lucky it would be to be your friend!

2. It sounds pretty perfect to me! :) I’m hoping for that day on Thursday. My sis, the baby, and her hubby (fresh home from Iraq!!) will be here. Taking the girls to see Santa this morning. :) Hope you have a wonderful day, my friend!

3. Your day does sound pretty perfect! My perfect day is a day where I can sleep in, have breakfast waiting for me, and my daughter doesn’t cry at all the entire day :) Dreams do come true… right?!

4. Yuppie Lady says:

Wishing everyone (blog author and blog readers) a HAPPY HAPPY Merry Christmas…from Chyanne M. (Yuppie Lady blog)

5. Kendra {house of ficek} says:

That sounds like perfection! That collection of nutcrackers is so cute.

6. That sounds like a great day!! I hope the next two days here are going to be spent playing board games with the kids — yes holiday perfection!!

7. That’s be a perfect day in my book. Maybe I’ll be able to experience that tomorrow.

8. Robyn says:

I’d like to accomplish one productive thing today. Your day sounds divine.

9. Ashly says:

I wish my gingerbread house came out as cute as yours. You can see mine on http://www.ashlymoonwalk.blogspot.com

Keep up the good work!

10. Chantelle says:

We can tell you live in California – listening to rain in December! Where I live, that would be replaced by “watching the snow fall”.

11. Chantelle says:

Ps. Your day does sound wonderful!

12. Kellie says:

It sounds like a great day!

I really like the paint color around the mantle.

13. xin says:

Wish my day can be as wonderful as yours! Sit in the office all day long, and stucked in a not too bad snow storm after work for more than 2 hours! Looks like we are going to have a white Xmas! Yay!
    Love your friend’s decor. Isn’t that the room you helped ‘upgrade’ a while ago? Obviously your friend has the same great taste as you. Love all the silver colors! Adore the nutcrackers! Oh, we will build some gingerbread houses at our Christmas party too. Hope they will turn out as cute as yours.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family. Cannot wait to see your new project.

14. I’m home from work, my kids are at my mom’s and my hubby is at work. this hasn’t happened since before I was a mom?!?! I’m not even sure what to do?!?! I’m kind of wandering around the house fussing over things. :)

15. Felicia says:

Beautiful, your making me home sick! (in a good way). Happy Christmas!

16. Felicia says:

My daughter loves the ballerina nut crackers!

17. A perfect holiday day consists of lots of snuggle time with my two year old, a fun craft for us to do (as a family!) and hot chocolate. Of course, there’s no such thing as perfect ;)

Estela, that day will come, I promise!!!
    Chantalle, I *WISH* we had snow, just for Christmas.
    Xin, that is my friend Mia’s house where I repainted her fireplace. She loves it!
    Cassie, enjoy it while it lasts! I wander around aimlessly too at those moments.
    xo

19. Jennifurla says:

I agree, that is a perfect day! It is reaining here and cramping my style.

20. Judy says:

That sounds like a perfect day. A perfect day for me is a day spent home with my husband and kids, doing crafts, playing games, without our normal crazy schedule, just enjoying each other. We don’t get so many of those right now so we cherish each one we do get.

21. Allison says:

All I can say is that does sound like a perfect day! And, your gingerbread house is adorable.

22. Minnesotamom says:

Crocheting with a cup of chai in my big green chair next to the window while the snow flies, my kids playing happily on the rug nearby.

This moment may only last 3 minutes until something interrupts it, but hey–a girl can dream! :)

23. brenda says:

Soooooo…. when will the winners be announced for the simplify 101?

24. I love the shape of that gingerbread house!!

25. Katie says:

Okay, pretty sure you’ve probably gotten this a million times already since you’re blog is AMAZING, but I wanted to award you with the Stylish Blogger Award – for more info about it go to http://eyespydiy.blogspot.com/2010/12/stylish-blogger-award.html

26. Lynda says:

BEAUTIFUL! And what a yummy butterscotch shade on your walls!! It’s actually been a BEAUTIFUL December down south in Florida too… Merry Christmas Kate and BEST wishes for you, your family and your projects in the upcoming NEW year!!

xo Lynda

27. Lori says:

oh … my … goodness!
    I just spent (literally) hours looking at your wonderful blog.
    You are a girl after my own heart. I, too, LOVE white spray paint lol.
    Your projects are great and your pictures are gorgeous.
    Thank you for sharing your things with us

28. Ah, that does sound like a good day. :) I love listening to the rain fall…

29. I agree! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas Kate!