October Favorites

October 29, 2010

Happy Halloween weekend y’all!  Do you have a relaxing weekend planned or is your calendar packed with costume related events?  We happen to fall in the latter category, but the rain is putting a damper on all the festivities planned.  No worries, we’ll just trick-or-treat with our umbrellas and rain boots!

Meanwhile, here’s a few fun and inspirational links that inspired me this month, enjoy!

Melissa’s autumn walk at 320 Sycamore

october 2010 080 1

Ashley’s simple and salvaged tablescape at Pure + Lovely.

ashley tablescape

Nicole’s modern pumpkin lanterns at Making It Lovely.

Mushroom soup with pancetta and apple butter via Sweet Paul magazine

mushroom soup and apple butter

Wool felt pot holders via Design*Sponge

wool felt pot holders design sponge

Aubrey + Lindsay’s simple modern nursery for Oscar.   Love!

oscars bedroom 1

Mmmm, autumn cheesecake brownies and pumpkin white hot chocolate.

fall brownies and hot chocolate

Fresh picked pears and spiced pear cake

spiced pear cake

Layla’s Fall Inspired Mantel

Getting crafty with black paint via Sunset and Country Living

sunset black cats and country living pumpkins

Martha’s candy wreath and this whimsical carriage by Hallmark magazine.

martha wreath cinderella pumpkin

Skeleton leaves on display via The Other White House

A clever bonfire at BH&G

bhg halloween bonfire

Finally . . . if you haven’t settled on your costume yet, here are

Five Ways To Dress Up Your Tracksuit For Halloween

sue sylvester tracksuit

Wishing you a spooktacular weekend, tracksuit or no tracksuit!

happy halloween

Tags: , ,

19 Responses to “October Favorites”

1. Layla says:

Awesome post!
    And thanks for the sweet shout out- LOVE YOU LADY! :-)

Layla

2. The pear cake looks divine, and I love the Glee-inspired costume. :)

3. Loving that pumpkin carriage, very cool!
    Happy Halloween!

4. Great fun inspiration
    Have a great weekend!
    That pear cake is calling my name!!

5. Allison says:

That spiced pear cake sounds delicious! It’s a rainy day so a good day for staying in and baking. I might tackle that apple butter, too. I hope your kids have a Happy Halloween, Kate.

6. Nicole says:

So glad you liked my pumpkins! Thanks for including them among all of these other fab Halloween lovelies.

7. Desiree says:

I love love love the carved pupkins in the fire! Such a clever idea!

8. Bloggymom says:

Wonderful collection of posts.

9. This whole post made me smile. That first photo is amazing. Nice way to kick off the weekend.

10. brandy says:

I just wanted to say that I absolutely love your blog. You are so creative and inspiring and your writing is wonderful and funny! Keep up the good work. I’ve already gotten a few good ideas to refurbish some pieces we were going to throw out! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to share it with the world.

11. Gosh, fall is my favorite season of the year. I just love all the beautiful colors and you did a great job capturing everything about fall:)

12. Lindsay says:

Thank you so much for the shout out on our nursery! You’re so sweet!
    xo

13. Charlotta says:

Thank you for the lovely Halloween inspiration, and all the other lovely pics!

Hoping you are enjoying a fab weekend with or without umbrellas and Wellies..! :)
    We are half way through an action packed and ‘costume clad’ weekend with one more party & more trick-or-treating tomorrow.. Phew!!
    I think that after that, the kids need to have a sugar-free month…!!

Happy Halloween all the way from Australia!

x Charlotta

14. I’m loving this Oct. roundup of awesome fall ideas. :) Those desserts look so yummy! That bonfire o’ pumpkins is super creative. Melissa’s autumn walk is so pretty-love the colors. It reminds me of the fall season when I lived up North. Now I have to settle for a few acorns falling from our huge oak tree out front and 85 degree temps-different.

15. Chrissy says:

I have been obsessed with cute nursery design this month, too! I am due in the spring and plan to fluff my nest and decorate for the new baby all winter. That isn’t perhaps your intention, too??? ;)

16. Hello, Miss Kate! What great links…thanks so much for the feature! Hope your Halloween weekend is fabulous~

17. Reena says:

Go Sue Silverster :)

18. lacey says:

Ive been wanting to make apple butter!

19. Ada says:

These are ALL great. Though I spotted it after halloween … they all still make me smile .. and wish I could slurp the hot chocolate YUUUUMMY looking! Thanks for sharing these!