Fan-tastic: Kitchen Makeover

September 1, 2010

Hi all, how’s your week ?  Excited for the long weekend ?  I certainly am.  Have you had a chance to link up your space to the Where Do You Blog? party yet ?  Over 200 blogging corners to browse, and all so fascinating!  There’s still time before the end of the day to add your unique space where you blog too.

Second, the winners of the Gussy Giveaway from last week are lucky #73 Jen from Coastal Lust and #340 Aimee from Life As An Oakes.  Congratulations Jen and Aimee!

Finally, today as part of the Fantastic Feature series, I bring you an incredible DIY kitchen makeover from Modern Jane.   Jane enlisted the help of her brother and her dad to transform her dated kitchen with plywood, pine, and plenty of Zinsser primer.  She even pieced together her new countertop with pine stair treads !

Before:

jane before

After:

jane kitchen

Incredible !

How gorgeous is all that white cabinetry that her brother built?  Love that chandy too!  You can check out the part one of Jane’s remodel here, and the end of her story in this reveal post

Bravo Jane, what a beautiful result !  Hop on over to Jane’s blog to tell her what an amazing job she did with a little vision and a lot of elbow grease !

35 Responses to “Fan-tastic: Kitchen Makeover”

1. Pattie says:

I would SLEEP in that kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Kate says:

That looks fab!!!!

3. Lynda says:

BEAUTIFUL transformation! Love the chandy and cup pulls…
    Had a great time browsing the blogging corners everyone posted. Thanks for hosting the party! And special thanks to you also for not only commenting on my post but becoming a new follower!

Love your blog – coincidentally – I think I started following CG just as you had posted the transformation you did to your home office (am blog spot) earlier this year – which BTW is absolutley gorgeous!

:D Lynda

4. Kyra says:

WOW! Looks FABulous!

5. phew that is one good makeover!

6. HOLY COW. That’s amazing!

7. Laurel says:

This is an amazing transformation. I’m always jealous of those who have such a vision. Thanks Kate!

8. What a great transformation!! Love the white subway tile. We used it in our kitchen reno recently too. Very crisp and clean.

9. Tim Schrock says:

Looks great! Yes, a little vision can take one a long way. I love the white everywhere, with the bold dark countertop. Makes for clean, clear lines!

10. This really is a wonderful transformation. I love her use of materials and what a handy brother. It looks fabulous. Hugs, Marty

11. Mike @HA says:

Awesome! I’m doing my own kitchen make-over… definitely gives me some inspiration! Where can I put glass doors?….

12. Janell Beals says:

I can’t get over this transformation, the cabinetry, yes, and then the countertops made from pine stair treads? Brilliant. Also, loved looking through the linky party, what a success girl!
    Janell

13. Lauren says:

That is amazing! It’s absolutely brilliant!

14. Lauren says:

Fan-freaking-tastic! Gloomy, miserable kitchens of the world, take note! We’re coming… and we’ve got lots of white paint.

15. Bet my cooking will be better if my kitchen had this kind of makeover. *swoon*

16. I love the new hardware on her drawers, and what a great chandelier!! Good Before and After. :)

17. Brenda says:

She did a great job! My husband and myself jumped on the kitchen redo wagon also. I would love to hear what you think on what we did. Please go to my blog and check it out. Thanks for taking the time to look.

18. kristin says:

On my way to check it out! I think Kitchen transformations are my most favorite! Such a wonderful job!
    Take care
    Kristin

19. Lara says:

I’m SPEECHLESS!!!! Only word that comes to mind is inspirational!

20. Richella says:

Get. Out. That’s an amazing transformation!

I just love this series that you’re doing! Thank you, Kate!

21. WOW! That is amazing! Looks like a totally different house!

22. LOVE IT!!! I want a chandelier like that…soo pretty.
    Love your blog…I’m your latest follower.

23. Struggler says:

Fabulous – what a gorgeous result.

24. Gretchen O says:

THat has to be one of the nicest things I have EVER heard of a brother doing. WOW! Being a white cabinet girl myself, I have to say it is really pretty! –Gretchen O.

25. LOVE IT! Absolutely love that chandelier too!!

26. drollgirl says:

wow wow WOW! it looks AMAZING!!! i am jealous! i need a kitchen re-doooooooo like you can’t believe!

27. Sue says:

Wow…going to go check out that countertop!

28. Dawn says:

Oh my goodness!!!! That is just gorgeous!!!!!

29. LOVE it! What a transformation! Totally amazing!

30. I’m so happy to see Jane’s kitchen featured on your blog! She’s such a sweet person and her kitchen is spectacular!

31. Ray* says:

And I thought my Kithchen Makeover rocked….this is great! Jane, nice work sister! The hard work has paid off well.

32. L.Duncan says:

You can not go wrong with a white kitchen! Love that she put a chandelier in there! Sigh….how I wish mine looked like that!

33. linda woods says:

Great job of this kitchen redo. I love the counter tops and the chandelier – gorgeous darling!

34. marie clare says:

Oh my goodness! I just found this post while pounding the internet for kitchen renovation ideas. I think this is the most dramatic kitchen transformation I have ever seen! Congrats!