Big News !

August 6, 2010

kate and kid tv squadThis has been in the works for weeks, and I’ve been bursting to tell you all for, like, ever.

Today I’m so proud to announce yours truly will be one of the ten bloggers on the True Value DIY Blog Squad.  I’m just pinching myself !

What an honor to be chosen for this team, I’m just so tickled to be included among the ranks of some very accomplished bloggers ~ you can scroll down to the list below just to see what I mean!

My head is filled with plenty of projects I want to take on, and thanks to the folks at True Value, they will be providing some of the supplies !

I took my little guy with me the other day, just to start making some plans.  My little buddy’s gonna lend a helping hand ~ gotta train ‘em young you know.

primer and boy

I’ve got big dreams of ripping out the carpet on our staircase and adding wood stairs instead.  If I get up the gumption, I’m going to need plenty of stain!

minwax cans

Momma could use some more power tools . . .

tools

There’s no shortage of supplies for some other creative home improvement projects I’m thinking of for fall.  Rumor has it, we’ll be giving stuff away to YOU too !

small tools

Aw, yeah, my favorite aisle.

spray paints

I’m just so darn excited I might do some cartwheels now that I’m officially on a ‘squad’.

Check out these fellow DIY lovin’ bloggers also on the team:

You’ll get all the news on the team if you ‘like’ True Value on Facebook, and follow True Value on Twitter

Now for the necessary legalese you’ll see pop up in all these True Value posts: “I was one of the bloggers selected by True Value to work on the DIY Squad. I have been compensated for my time commitment to the program as well as my writing about my experience.  I have also been compensated for the materials needed for my DIY project.   However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.”

True Value sent me a $1,000 gift card just the other day, so I can’t wait to get going!  In fact, you can find me at True Value on Saturday morning, because I just scored a close-to-new IKEA Hemnes dresser on Craigslist for half price, but it’s black and too dark for my little boy’s room.  I’m gonna tweak the look of it with some primer and paint.

Have a great weekend my fellow dreamers and DIYers, this is gonna be fun ~ squeal!

67 Responses to “Big News !”

1. christina says:

woo hoo, lucky girl. i have a house that could use all of those things! congrats!

2. You are going to be an awesome True Value Girl!! Can’t wait to see what you do!

3. Excellent! (<–Was that a little too Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure?) Can't wait to see future True Value posts.

Looking forward to the Hemnes dresser update as well. Our basement is housing some Ikea furniture now, but I'm hesitant to work with it since all of their furniture is made out of "sort-of-kind-of-wood."

4. Heather says:

Congratulations to YOU!!!!!!!!!! You will be great!!!
    good luck,
    Heather

5. kathie says:

Congratulations!! You are going to have so much fun- and it will be so fun as a spectator to see it all unfold. Can’t wait!

6. Congrads! This is so exciting for you! I wish they would send me a $1000 gift card!!!!

7. Elizabeth says:

Awesome!! Congrats, Kate!!!

8. Congratulations. That is very exciting news. :)

Can’t wait to check it out!

9. That is sooo awesome. I don’t blame you for wanting to do cartwheels. I’d be doing the same… That is if I could do them without severely hurting myself. I know my limitations! I’m sure you will be an awesome addition to the Squad! Congratulations!

10. Nadir@hodgepodge says:

How exciting! I can’t wait to see what projects you’ll be doing!

11. Lauren@SimplyLKJ says:

Congrats Kate! That is awesome news. Can’t wait to see all the things you do with the $1000! Score on the dresser!!

12. L.Duncan says:

Oh shucks this is great! Give you $1000 and I know magic is going to start brewing;-)

I remember you mentioning wanting to take the carpet off of your stairs when you did your stairway reveal. That it going to be a great transformation!

I need to go check out the others…

13. Yay, congrats! I know you’ve got a slew of fabulousness to show us and I can’t wait!

14. anh says:

wow! so exciting! congrats and i know you will do an awesome job! can’t wait to see!

15. Janell Beals says:

Fabulous!! I can’t wait to see what you do! Janell

16. Shelle says:

Congratulations! I’ve been reading about this news on a few other blogs you mentions. EXCITING!!!

17. DAnielle says:

I am soo excited for you!! Have fun!

18. Debra says:

Congrats! I love the idea of the DIY Squad. There are some bloggers on the list that I know and some that I don’t. It’s going to be fun to check out all of the projects!! And… redoing the stairway is a fantastic DIY project! Love it!!

Debra

19. ButterYum says:

Yowza, that really is big news. Congratulations!!! They certainly picked the right blog!!
    I can’t wait to see what you have in store for us.

ButterYum

20. Kate, that is fantastic! Of course we already knew just how good you are!

21. Heather says:

Congrats! That’s awesome!!!!!!!!!!

22. Tricia says:

Kate, that’s fantastic! Congratulations!! You are in great company.

23. The best part about this whole thing is finding sites like this with more power tool addicts! Also, I have a wood staircase to build somewhere in the not-to-distant future – If you don’t have one yet, I’d say a router (or palm router – my fave) would be in order for making the treads!

24. Layla says:

So happy you’re on the Squad this year!
    Can’t wait to see your projects!

Layla

25. Georgia M says:

Congratulations! You inspire me all the time. Can’t wait to see what you will be sharing next!

26. Congrats! That is super exciting! Looking forward to seeing what you do!

27. Leanne says:

Congratulations! I can’t wait to see all the fun projects you’ll be working on. I would love to do my stairs too, but I’ll watc you first.

28. Megan says:

Congratulations! I can’t wait to see what you come up with…as always :)

29. Stephanie says:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I can barely think of anything MORE exciting then this!!

30. Yuliya says:

Not at all surprised, all is as it should be. Congratulations! You are awesome and so talented.

31. Kristin says:

I’m so excited for you Kate!!! How exciting, can’t wait to see what you do, I know it will be awesome :)

32. I’ll bet your mind is racing with ideas, especially now that you don’t have to fit the bill! Congratulations, looking forward to seeing what you do.

33. Karen says:

Congratulations! Can’t wait to see upcoming DIY projects. You are such an inspiration

Karen

34. Hi there! Found you through TLC. I had no idea True Value carried such variety of Krylon spray paint. I’m a bit obsessed with their transformative powers from light switches to patio furniture. It looks like I’ve found a new favorite store!

35. Jenny says:

Congratulations!! You deserve it… was just telling my husband last night I wished I could be more like you :)

36. Paige says:

Congrats! How exciting!

37. Danielle says:

Congrats, a well-deserved feather in your cap. They were smart to snatch you up for their crew. Have fun and can’t wait to see what you do with the GC. I mean, come on… if anyone can make $1000 work for them, it’s you.

38. Allie says:

That is so exciting! I am so thrilled for you and can’t wait to read about your projects!

39. Tanya Hein says:

Congratulations! What fun you’re going to have!

40. Congratulations and I can’t wait to see what you do!

41. YEA, my friend…they know how to pick them. Between you, Sarah and Layla, that’s all the fun I need for a long time. Can’t wait to see your magic (but don’t know how it can become more than it is already…;))

42. Lesli C says:

Congratulations!! I LOVE True Value!! What fun!

43. Courtney says:

Congrats you lucky lady! If only I had a $1K to spend as I saw fit on house stuff (drool)

44. Melinda says:

Congrats on winning the $1,000 from True Value. That is awesome. Love & blessings from NC!

45. Whah?! $1000?!!! I am not jealous, I am not jealous, I am NOT jealous. Okay…a little jealous :). Can’t wait to see your projects!!!

46. Super excited for you!!! So much fun and they do have the best spray paint selection ever!! :)

47. Lauren says:

YAY awesomeness!!!! Your blog is my favorite & I am excited for you!!!!!

48. Struggler says:

Congratulations, you’re in great company but this is very much deserved!

49. Aubrey says:

That is so amazing! But it is fitting because so are you! We will be waiting anxiously for all the goodies you will post…(c:

50. Shelly B. says:

Yipee! Congratulations!! Keep up with the fun stuff and inspiration! :)

51. Holly says:

Wonderful news Kate! They definitely chose well and I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

52. Congrats! Can’t wait to see what you have in store for us all.

xo,
    cristin

53. Tiffany says:

Fantastico. I’m ready for some kick @ss DIY!

54. Traci says:

Congrats, Kate! I am sooo jealous! I can’t wait to see what you come up with. :) I know you are going to love doing it. Have fun!

55. Congratulations, Kate! :)

56. Yay for Kate!! They chose well:)

57. Merri says:

Congrats Kate you so derserve it your spaces are beautiful. And the gift card will go to good use

58. Allison says:

A big congratulations to you, Kate! How exciting! Can’t wait to see what you do.

59. Wow – that IS exciting! Good choice, True Value!

60. freck says:

Holy cow I am so jealous!!! What an awesome opportunity!! Can’t wait to see what projects you do next!

61. Congratulations, Kate! Clearly the Tru Value people know talent when they see it. :) You are going to tear this up!

62. Sue says:

I’m really excited for you! I think we all wish that eventually our blogs will be noticed by someone and we will get to do something special! I’m glad you were selected, you deserve it!

63. Sue says:

64. I could only dream of such a fun way to decorate! You go girl! We’ll all be watching!

Donna

65. Juice says:

How exciting! I’m thrilled for you. All your hard work has paid off. :) I’m looking forward to seeing your new projects.

66. Cathe Holden says:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! What an amazing team you are part of, no doubt you’re team leader!! They are so fortunate to have you Kate!

67. OMIGOSH CONGRATS!!!! Loooong time no talk Kate! You’ve been busy I see…and just as talented as ever. That Hemnes dresser turned out so adorable and I am so excited for your DIY squad news…couldn’t have gone to a better lady! :)