Patriotic Porch

May 28, 2010

Happy Friday friends, are you excited about the long weekend ?  This week I was in the mood to decorate my porch with some red, white, and blue in honor of Memorial Day, and also in anticipation of our Fourth of July barbeque.

I found some inexpensive fabrics and stitched up some festive pillow covers, then I filled my pots with annuals in patriotic colors.  This summer, I’m having some fun with punches of red on the front porch !

cg porch

Red dianthus, white nemesia, and blue hydrangea . . .

cg urn

blue hydrangea red dianthus

Red dahlias, white dianthus, and blue lobelia . . .

red dahlias

Red petunias, white geraniums and blue lobelia . . .

red petunia in pot

More red petunias . . .

red petunias in bin

Red trailing calibrachoa . . .

trailing red

Blue salvia, red kalanchoe and white dusty miller . . .

salvia in pot

I love these red linen and blue ticking stripe pillow covers !

In the blue pot, I planted red gerber daisies and more white dianthus.

ticking stripe

So puurrty . .  .

cg blue pot on bench

so patriotic . . .

cg patriotic porch

Three cheers for the red, white, and blue !

And thank you to the men and women who have served and sacrificed to protect and defend our country.  This weekend, we remember you.

I wish you all a very relaxing Memorial Day holiday !

Tags: , , ,

45 Responses to “Patriotic Porch”

1. Erika says:

*waving my flag* Happy Memorial Day Kate!

2. Jessica says:

Beautiful! Have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!

3. Sara says:

Great idea! We are having a birthday party here on Monday. Didn’t even think of sprucing the place up in red, white, and blue! Lowe’s, here I come!

4. Brooke says:

Absolutely gorgeous (and Patriotic !). I like the outdoor rug too !

5. kasey says:

i love it.
    my first time here…where oh where have i been!
    xo

6. What a great idea! If I can keep them all blooming.

7. Laurie-Jean says:

I love the placement of the blue ticking pillow with the red one behind. You’re so right, the red really “Pops” the porch. A great holiday welcome!

8. Love it! I like how you’ve mixed colors as well as types of flowers. They look lovely. A great way to greet your guests. Have a wonderful weekend, Kate! :)

9. Your porch is glorious. I love the red white and blue. Perfect for the holiday. I hope yours is wonderful. Hugs, Marty

10. Gina B. says:

Love the red white and blue! So festive and it’s such a fresh color scheme to me. Always feels appropriate~

11. Oh, I am in love – the bright colors with the pops of white is just awesome. I really want to do something with our porch outside – I think you just may have given me some motivation. Thanks!!

Lindsay

12. Wow-Gorgeous garden vignette!

Happy Memorial Day weekend to YOU!

~Karla

13. That is gorgeous!! Even Martha would be jealous! Have a wonderful weekend, and thanks for the beautiful post!

14. Happy Memorial Weekend my friend…Hugs and Smiles Gl♥ria

15. Aubrey says:

I think people forget what this holiday is really about sometimes, thanks for the little reminder and the patriotic porch is stunning! Happy Memorial day!

16. Cass says:

It’s lovely! You are fabulous! Happy Memorial Day!

17. Good job, you! It’s just so fresh and gorgeous!

18. Sarah says:

My hubby and I are hosting a BBQ as well for the 4th!! Can’t wait to see all of your wonderful ideas! My hanging baskets have red, white and blue flowers.. but now I need some for the porch with a little flag like yours :) ♥ your blog!

19. Amanda Dale says:

We are hosting a big 4th celebration! Looking forward to more red, white, and blue ideas!

20. It looks fantastic! You may have inspired me to change up the porch next week. I am still trying to convince my hubby that we need to paint the front door a deep red :-)

21. Summer Davis says:

Great porch! Love the well balance of color – the white bench is perfect for displaying. God Bless America!

22. Monica says:

This is the prettiest porch I’ve seen in a long time, I love the colors splashing in all the white…gorgeous!

23. Sheila says:

Looks beautiful!! Great plant choices. I should clean up the steps by my front door but it is tough with all the rain we’ve bedn having.

24. Debbie says:

Beautiful…love it! We decorated quite a bit too and I posted our porch…I love how festive and wonderful the red, white and blue looks! Love your whole look. Have a great weekend.
    Blessings,
    Debbie

25. Donna says:

Oh, I just love this! Your flowers are so pretty and perfect for the occasion. Great job!

D

26. Andrea says:

Looks great! How do you ever find time to finish such beautiful projects? The laundry room, the living room wainscotting, the turqoise bedroom, not to mention those two little kidlets running about. I have serious project completion envy!!

27. Erika says:

What a beautiful display of flowers!!! Love all the bright colors–I haven’t even gotten to my flowers yet!!!! You’ve inspired me to get a move on!

As always, thanks for sharing your lovely ideas.
    Erika

28. Kathy says:

Your porch looks amazing! Great job!

29. Sue says:

Ooo…makes me want to go pull out all my pinks and purples, everything looks beautiful and festive. Have a wonderful weekend.

30. Rhonda says:

That is so beautiful! I don’t have time to copy you for Memorial Day, but I can for Fourth of July… thanks!

31. Beautiful! I’ve done red, white & blue this year too. You showed me some new flowers to add. Have a great weekend!

32. LOVE IT!!! Soo great!!

33. Melinda says:

Love your red, white and blue porch. Looks so pretty. Have a wonderful Memorial Day holiday. Love & blessings from NC!

34. This made me so happy. Memorial Day needs to be celebrated and this is so lovely! Great job!

35. Allysgrandma says:

I have been trying to have a red white and blue front yard for a few years now. I was successful 2 years ago but was trying again this year. I am using your photos to reinvogorate my committment.

Thank you to all our soldiers, both fallen and currently serving (and past service too!)

36. Tina says:

Gorgeous – I love it! :-)

37. Winifred says:

Love it! I think I will be borrowing some of your ideas. I adore your blog. Have a wonderful weekend!

38. beautiful! I love your wrought iron bench. My grandmother had a complete patio set similar to that, I’ve been looking for my own for years. :)

39. The red white and blue is gorgeous. I wish I was as plant savvy as you! I have to research plants and then end up just getting what the Home Depot sells. I love the pillows and the pristine colors of the pots. How do you keep everything clean and dust free?

40. TidyMom says:

Love it Kate!!! Have a wonderful Memorial Day!

41. DogsMom says:

Thank you so much for identifying all the beautiful flowers. You know I will have to try and do something R/W/B for July 4. If I started now all the plants would be brown and stalky by then.
    I know someone is grateful for living across from you, or being able to walk past and enjoy such a beautiful arrangement.

42. Beautiful Porch and flowers!!! I love the way you added flowers with your hydrangea. I’m trying one in a pot this year…it needs a little something and i will be adding to it.
    Just found you through CSI.
    Londen

43. Kacey says:

I don’t know how you do it all. Your porch is gorgeous!

Kacey

44. […] at the red, white, and blue plants and my other ticking stripe pillows on our porch, hop over to this Patriotic Porch post from a few weeks […]