My Favorite Greens

March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone !  In honor, I’ve rounded up a huge collection of my favorite images, and also some fun accessories, all in shades of the color green . . . . .  just because collages and inspiration boards are so much fun !

As you can see, I love all hues of this verdant color.  It represents growth, nature, spring, pistachios, mint, margaritas and guacamole.  You know, the good stuff in life.

Enjoy !

citron melon lime collage image; candleholders; lamp; vase; sandals; image: via this is glamorous

spring and apple collagefabric; image; pillow; mixer; plates; canaries; image: pure style home; image; image

seaglass mint collageimage; image; image; chandelier; bicycle; area rug; image; sugar creamer combo; image; image

celadon sage collage  wallpaper; image; planter; chair; area rug; nests; pillow; image; image

kelly and fern collage image: chloe sevigny house and garden; pillow; stool; bowl; ring; lanterns; cardigan; image: kelly wearstler viceroy hotel

olive and forest collage wallpaper; shade; image: sarah richardson; storage ottoman; pillow; area rug; image; sofa

Are you now on a green overdose ?  :-)

Okay, I promise, no more green this week !  But for today, I hope you’re inspired to bring just a bit of green into your own home, even if it’s just some fresh herbs or flowers !

For those who celebrate, have a marvelous St. Patrick’s Day.  What’s your absolute favorite shade of green ?

Tags: , ,

45 Responses to “My Favorite Greens”

1. Lori H says:

Yum. this is a post that I will definately come back to again because I love green and you have included all my favorite shades! I am putting corned beef, cabbage and carrots in the crock pot this morning.

2. Happy Green day to you! Love all the different shades.
    No corned beef for us though. Blech.

3. Jamilyn says:

I find that I always end of going in the GREEN direction when it comes to decorating. Really nice post. Have a wonderful St. Pat’s. We are going to celebrate this weekend. Everyone schedules are too busy here in order to sit down to corn beef and cabbage.

~jamilyn

4. Jen says:

Green is absolutely my favorite color. I have LOVED these posts. It’s so hard to choose a favorite, I love all of them! I always love incorporating green in my decorating, to the point where I have to stop myself! Thanks for the lovely inspiration :-)
    Jen

5. Kelly, seagrass, and apple are my faves, in that order. ;) Love all that green inspiration!

6. Christie Lawrence says:

Thanks for all of the featured greens. I am trying to choose one for my kitchen and it is very difficult.

7. Sue says:

My favorite is the seaglass palatte closely followed by the sage. I actually like the combination of the two. I have quite a bit of seaglass aqua in my house, it is a color that makes me happy!

8. Nadir@hodgepodge says:

Oh I love the sages, olives & seaglass.

9. Michiganhome says:

I have been reading your blog for a few months now and always enjoy your work. Thanks for putting all these delicious greens in one place! I love greens, with cream, black, and silver/pewter accents. Yum!

10. Richella says:

Could you ever have too much green? I don’t think so. Of course, I’m a redhead, so I’m biased. . . but I’ve loved all your green this week!

A blessed St. Patrick’s Day to you!

11. Rene says:

Oh, I’ve loved the posts! THanks so much for visiting my site and offering the advice… I went for it and I’m so happy with how it turned out…take a loot when you get a chance. So glad I found your site, it’s fabulous.

12. Megan says:

Oh, you found some amazing things in one of my fave colors! Happy St. Patty’s Day to you!
    I love and want that green lamp!

13. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the inspiration boards. They are definitely inspiring me to put a little greenery in my life. Here in Houston, I have two blooms on my climbing rose and my spirea (bridal veil) bushes are starting to flower. It’s early spring here. Gets me in the mood!!!

14. O Mom says:

I feel so in love with green right now!!!!

15. Ann says:

thank you for all the GREENS! I just love this color. I’m instantly attracted to anything green. I have a huge kelly green teak armoire that I love, love, love and my movers hate, hate, hate (teak is heavy). They kept calling it the incredible hulk.

16. Love that color in any shade!

Happy St. Patty’s Day.

xo,
    cristin

17. Debbie says:

Didnt you all get a different “feeling” with each color of green? Green, in any color, feels good. Its a happy color.

18. Allison112 says:

There’s no such thing as too much green! This post made my day, and I will bookmark it for future cheer-up necessities!

19. anh says:

i am definitely loving all these greens! happy st patty’s day!

20. After looking at all the shades of GREEN that you have here…I know now that I am a HUGE FAN of GREEN! Happy St. Patti’s Day!

Blessings,
    Linda

21. Mmmm! I love green, although I’m partial to Kiwi, Limes & apple hues – Fruits! LOL!

22. Angela says:

I love green! It is such an organic color and can add so much to a room! Great post!

23. Amy says:

I love greens! These images put a smile on my face:-)

24. Shea Lynn says:

I love green!!!! I love your collages too! I’m making corned beef for the first time. I’v eeaten it before, just never cooked it. We’ll see how it goes? :) Happy St. Patricks Day!

25. Tiffany says:

The greens are cute, I love bright punchy greens.

Hmm, I have a few hours to think of a way to celebrate, wonder if there’s any green jello

26. I love how created a collage for each shade grouping of green. The seaglass color are alway my favorite, the apple is fun and I always love a celadon/celery color too paired with pale blues and creams. :)

Happy St. Patrick’s day to all who celebrate it. Today I’m celebrating the day hubby and I met just 4 years ago!

27. Sandy says:

Love the green. Happy St. Patty’s Day!

28. Yolanda says:

That seaglass-min-patina collection puts me over the moon. Mixed with chocolate brown, a dusty orange or yellow, and some steel grey and I could decorate my entire house in just that color scheme. I love them that much.

29. Swapna says:

I am not a big fan of green normally, but There wasn’t one shade I did not like in your collages… so i guess, tastefully out, even not-so-favourite things can be interesting…

By the way, I am a fan… I have spent hours checking out your posts…

30. Andrea T says:

Thanks, Kate. This is helpful :)

31. I too love greens! I go back and forth between blues and greens in my home. I either have one more than the other. Several years ago I did my bedroom all in muted sage greens…light and dark with cream then pops of purple. It was very serene and calming. I had quite a bit of apple greens as of recent, now going to little accents of it in my home. So many shades to pick from…your greens are some of my favorites! Happy St. Patricks day to you!!

Hugs,
    Victoria

32. Thanks for the great inspirations! I’ve been trying to accent my family room with greens. Anyone have suggestions as to where I can find affordable sage or apple green curtains?

33. I love all the great shades of green! Perfect for St. Patty’s Day !

Thanks for sharing!

34. Daine says:

I just bought those Casablanca green lanterns at Z Gallerie, I love them. They have great summer items don’t you think?

35. Melanie says:

Green is my favorite color. That Celedon & Apple both rock my world. Oh My!

36. Happy St Patrick’s Day from N Ireland :)

I love all the 40 shades of green you get in Ireland, but today I seemed drawn to apple and olive -maybe because they are food related!!

37. Jeannette says:

what font did you use on these? its gorgeous! i love your picks!

38. You know, I didn’t think that I liked green until this week looking at all of your posts! Now, I don’t know which green I like most!

39. Sandra says:

I love the different shades. I’ve been drawn to the color green here lately. I’ve been thinking of painting an area in my kitchen in the color green. It’s called Mountain Sage from Behr. This makes me want to paint it even more. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Blessings,
    Sandra

40. Lisa says:

Wow, gorgeous photos and I actually learned a lot about different shades of green! :D fun! Your blog has been a treasure from the moment I found and followed it! I soak up your ideas and so admire you!

Also, I have a favor to ask…
    I’m trying to win a party contest and would love your help! Would you go here:

and leave a comment at the end of the article? Your comment will give me a vote. Thanks so much! I appreciate it lots. <3

41. this collection of greens is awesome. it’s just something you don’t see everyday. well done!

42. Vanessa says:

I’m so loving the greens that I have turned almost all my accessories into a shade of apple green.
    It screams “spring” to me. I love them!!!

43. Wendy says:

I love green. As much as I dont intentionally try and use it, it always seems to pop up in my house.

44. Queen Mommy says:

I think I have some shade of green in pretty much every single room in my house. It’s my ultimate favorite color, and there isn’t really a shade I don’t like…except maybe bile green.

45. Debbie Cadene says:

Very nice collection of greens. When you are painting or spray painting something, do you have a favourite color and brand that you usually always use? What about other no fail colors……