Cozy It Up with Fur

January 13, 2010

I’m a huge fan of adding interest to a space with varied textures.  The use of faux fur accessories is one way to bring elegance and softness, especially during these cold winter months.  Faux fur adds a whole lot of cozy, and a little bit of Old Hollywood glamour.  I adore it, in small doses, and when used in a casual stylish way.

I just want to snuggle up and get cozy with these images.  Each room has just the right touch of faux fur, with a single rug, pillow or throw.  They make me feel warmer just looking at them.

decorpad Decorpad

fur throw pb Pottery Barn

the coat check The Coat Check

candice olsen lofty lounge point click home Point Click Home, Design by Candice Olsen

decorpad fur throw DecorPad

point click home jonathan adler Point Click Home, Jonathan Adler Design

seattle homes magazine Seattle Homes Magazine

martha stewart fur Martha Stewart

curly fur imports Curly Fur Imports

fox faux fur throw inmod Inmod

kate walsh bedroom in style In Style

white fur blanket in girls room style at home Style at Home

elle decor gray fur throw Elle Decor

house beautiful faux fur House Beautiful

the coat check 2 Elle Decor, throw from The Coat Check

jeffers design group Jeffers Design Group

the neotraditionalist The Neotraditionalist

pottery barn fur throw Pottery Barn

I spy with my little eye my own faux fur throw in my living room, photo below.

Marshalls, $25 dollars. Love it !

cg living room faux fur

And I’ve just finished sewing some faux fur pillows and you’ll never ever believe where I found the fabric.   Tune in tomorrow !

What are your thoughts on faux fur accessories in the home ?

30 Responses to “Cozy It Up with Fur”

1. I have loved faux fur for the past decade and I’m so glad it hasn’t gone out of style yet! I adorn myself with it too :). Thanks for the inspirational photos. I’m cozied up under a brown faux Pier One fur right now!

2. Brandi says:

Fur is so fantastically glam. I’ve been thinking about getting a faux fur throw for my bed. I wouldn’t mind the extra warmth and I know my cats would likely adore it.

3. allison says:

I love it SO MUCH! Chic, glam, yet still cozy and warm. I often find great faux fur stuff at TJ Maxx of all places. And the prices can’t be beat! Great pictures, they make me want to run home and redecorate immediately! :)

4. I wasn’t sure at first, but you’ve convinced me with your inspiration pics and your own throw. :) I especially liked the MS and Style at Home photos…show that you don’t have to live in a dark castle in the Middle Ages to rock the fur look. ;)

Thank you so much for linking up! :) I hope my Dilemma didn’t make you want to claw your eyes out…. :s

5. Lauren says:

So perfect for Winter months! I’ve got a chocolate brown faux fur throw that always adds a little spice to my bedroom during cold weather months!

6. I would never have thought of fur. But with these pics — seems like the perfect winter accessory!

7. ashlina says:

looks like bliss to me! i have one on my bed and it makes me love the feeling of being lazy in bed. loving it

8. tracy says:

love love LOVE faux fur incorporated in the home. Especially in monochromatic homes that just yearn for texture – faux fur is so fun to incorporate!

It is a rainy day in socal – and I’m dying to snuggle under one of those blankets……!!!

Have a sweet day ~

9. I have loads of fur in my home – except it’s the real kind that flies off my cat onto EVERYTHING! He’d either love a faux fur throw for “his” couch, or he’d freak out and think it was once one of his buddies. ;)

10. Abbey G. says:

How come I thought I hated faux fur but now that you’ve shown me all these pictures I suddenly love it? Looks PERFECT for snuggling under and reading!

11. anh says:

i have been searching for faux fur fabric to make a throw and a scarf but can’t seem to find them anywhere! where did you find yours?

12. janet says:

ahhh, love it!! that’s what i got as gifts for couples this xmas…faux fur throws, all purchased at marshalls and tjmaxx!!!

13. Marty says:

Love it too. I have a wonderful fur throw that I move all over the house. It always makes a space look warm and luxurious. Hugs, Marty

14. Amy B says:

It’s the perfect winter throw! I love it, and I love the pillows.

15. maura says:

Ive always been afraid to use fur. Thinking it would be too much- and not “me” but I may be coming around. I actually liked most of those pics- not all but most. I think I like the faux furs in lighter colors!

16. My mother-in-law made me a HUGE faux fur blanket, red and black. We all fight over it, I love bringing it out in the fall! I started up a new blog, hope you will come and check it out, you have been a huge inspiration in documenting all of my DIY projects!
    Thanks
    Kristin

17. Patricia says:

Fabulous, warm, cozy…perfect!! Absolutely love faux fur (for winter especially)!

18. Sue says:

When I read your intro, I thought “no fake fur for me”! Then, I looked at the pictures and I want one of those throws! I can just imagine curling up under that with a good book.

19. Debkb says:

I think you just gave me an inspiration for the touch of glam I needed for my master bedroom makeover! Now to find one!

20. I do love it! I believe faux fur is like leopard print though – a little goes a long way! The throws are a perfect amount of fur to me.

21. LOVE it! when done right and in small doses, it is fabulous!

22. Terri says:

I love how the pictures go all the way out to the edge of the wall in the Elle decor photo! I never would think to have so many different colors of frames together. Why does it work? Is it because they are all the same width frame? And the same color matting? Help a novice understand, CG! :)

23. Beautiful! It all looks so warm and cozy….love the pic wall too!

24. Um, I would like to curl up in photo two. umkaythanks. :)

25. Karena says:

I love the mix of textures I have a faux fur throw and it is the coziest!
    Karena

26. HouseMama says:

I LOVE it. I have one throw in my office and after seeing all the pictures you posted….I think I need MORE!

27. There is a fake fur, like the one at pottery barn, at Pier 1 that I am eye balling for some time. Such a warm cozy feeling it gives the room. Love all the pictures.

28. Lisa says:

Oh, I SO loved seeing all these COZY photos!! Thank you!! The PB ones are the ones that grab me the most with this set of pictures. Your blog is incredible! I enjoy each and every post. I also just posted on some COZY winter textures that I would love for you to see…it goes right on along with your post here. :)

Thank you!
    Lisa

29. Lauren says:

Love the shot from Point Click Home! I would KILL for that in my home. Too bad I live with a football loving, wing eating man :)

30. Confess to loving and wearing real fur. Hate me if you must. I don’t mind. Meanwhile, am considering having a coat I no longer wear cut into something I can throw across my feet in winter.