10:37 Christmas Morning

December 26, 2009

christmas morning

How’s your family room ?

:-)

32 Responses to “10:37 Christmas Morning”

1. Wow! I feel like I’m looking at my family room yesterday. Gotta love the look of destruction!!

2. Anne says:

Sadly, our living room looked remarkably similar, and is still on the trashed side.

3. Karena says:

It is Saturday, and I have still boxes to take downstairs,doing laundry, wanting to paint art instead!

4. Shirley says:

Looks like everyone had a great Christmas! Our living room was a spitting image of yours :)

5. Lisa says:

EXACTLY the same ;)

6. kelly says:

if i would have taken a picture, this is definately what it would have looked like! Merry Christmas!

7. Happily our LR looked much the same…a few more chairs…family is big.

It cleans up easily! THIS is one of my fave days, however…making chicken noodle soup…wearing cozy clothes…just doin’ nuthin’ and everything!

Peace to you!

8. Sally says:

This is a great picture. I imagine that everyone is in the kitchen sitting down to a big breakfast together. :)

9. ashlina says:

LOVE it! that is exactly how mine would look except for my cousins are clean freaks!! thank the heavens.
    but i love that picture. christmas mess is the best!

10. Mari says:

It’s exactly what mine would have looked like if we didn’t get a blizzard and 20+ inches of snow! Today they finally lifted the “no travel” ban which was put in place on Wednesday. I suppose mine will look like that as soon as everyone can make it out of their driveways!

And for anyone curious, I live in Brandon, South Dakota–which is 10 miles away from Sioux Falls, SD!

11. l.duncan says:

Try my livingroom!

12. Lisa says:

HA!! That’s hilarious! That’s exactly what my pre-cleaned-tidy-all ready for company family room looked like at approximately the same time of day. Then I took the green garbage bag, got it all tidy again just in time for more family to arrive and open more gifts…..then did it all over again.
    Yet we think the house has to be spotless before company arrives.. HA! Who’s gonna notice??

13. suzanne says:

pretty much the same…wasn’t it fun?????

Suzanne

14. Nancy says:

Not that bad actually. My hubby remembered to get a large bAg for the trash. I’m glad it’s decent again. :)

15. Tiffany says:

ours looked like that, but with a lot more glitter on EVERYTHING. Thanks to having two little girls who likes sparkly things.

16. Jessica says:

Did you sneak in my house and take a picture yesterday?! I had to do a double take b/c I could have sworn that was my house! Good times! Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

17. Melanie says:

MAN! I forgot what it is like to have little ones. We didn’t have hardly anything mess because my son got an IPod Touch and a few things from his aunt. It was a very nice Christmas at my house:)

18. Ocean says:

Mine looked very similar to yours. I got it cleaned up by Fri night though. I can’t stand all that mess. I brought it allup to their rooms and then got those cleaned up and organized today. :)

19. Still looks like that, minus the wrapping paper. ;) My girlies got waaaaayyyyy too many toys this year. We have the same Crayola drawing pad on the floor, by the way. ;)

20. Brittany says:

10:37!!! It took us hours to open our gifts. Not because we had that many, but because we have a 5 yr. old who has inherited the careful opening the present so he can save the wrapping paper. And we open one at a time and the kids want to play with each gift. THEN, our living room looked like that.

Now, our living room is completely devoid of anything. Including the rug. We are taking advantage of dh begin off work and are replacing the carpet with wood floors. Wish me luck ;-).

21. Pat says:

Fun times! My son’s family room looked like this when the 2 “perfect” grandchildren finished opening their gifts. The iTouch gifts were in their stockings and those were the hit of the morning!

Hope you’re feeling good again ~

22. Melissa says:

Mine was about double your mess! Happy New Year!

23. That is one of the most awesome photos I’ve seen all year! I believe it shows how amazingly blessed you and your family are.

Our family room looked much the same on Christmas morning! And although today we are still buried in all the ‘Christmas mess’, I am so incredibly grateful that we have an amazing home to celebrate in, an income to afford the gifts and a family to share them with. We are blessed indeed!

I hope you and your family have an incredibly New Year!

Teresa <

24. Debra Howard says:

you nailed it. That is pretty much what it looks like after our Christmas too. I just wasn’t brave enough to capture that part of Christmas in a picture. You have inspired me. Maybe next year I can be braver.
    Debbie

25. Wendy says:

Pretty much like that!

26. Jen says:

I love it! Mine looked pretty much the same! And I love your to-do list, I’m on the same page – so much to get through and so little time though :)

27. Sarah G. says:

Exactly the same! Chaotic! Oh, by the way, my daughter got the same Fancy Nancy book. Love those!

28. Stacey says:

You are my hero. Thanks for posting this! My family is normal! Whew!

29. Katrina says:

LOL – my husband has rules, open present toss wrapping paper in trash bad pronto!! lol

30. Kim says:

Love it!!!

It’s 3 days later and my family room still looks like that..minus the wrapping paper.

Teresa coudlnt’ have said it better though…

31. Ha ha! My family room looked remarkably similiar, and with all of our post Christmas traveling, it doesn’t look much better yet! :)
    Hope you are feeling better, my friend. Happy New Year!