Carving Quandary

October 31, 2009

We’re carving up some pumpkins for Halloween and I can’t decide which ones to mimic – these are all so inspirational.

Country Living combo From Country Livingmartha lacy combo From Martha Stewart

sunset leaves combo From Sunset magazine

bhg comboFrom Better Homes & Gardens

southern living combo From Southern Living

country living lantern combo From Country Living

martha comboFrom Martha Stewart

sunset combo From Sunset magazine

Which ones do you vote for ?

Happy Halloween !

18 Responses to “Carving Quandary”

1. Kate says:

The monograms – they are very “Centsational Girl-esque”! Happy Halloween!! I wish I was on your side of the pond, its a fairly miserable “festival” here, with very few getting into the spirit :(

2. I love the cats! Those are adorable. Happy Halloween!

3. Debora says:

I like the cats too! Happy Halloween!!

4. I really love the first two! I’ve never seen them carved only partway through. It looks really pretty, especially the one that isn’t orange on the outside so the orange peeks through.

5. Girl – if you can pull off that lattice one from Martha I will be in awe! I think that is beautiful! Otherwise, I love the house number stack!

Happy Halloween!

6. I’m an old fashioned girl when it comes to pumpkins…I love to see faces…so I love the three stacked faces of Martha’s.

Happy Boo Day!

7. Too close to call…I love the Martha Stewart ones, but also the BH&G…and SL is not too bad either. I’m with Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish– if you can pull off the Martha style, I’ll be so impressed. :) (Is that a challenge???) ;) Happy Halloween!

8. Brandi says:

I’m a wee bit of a pumpkin traditionalist — I think pumpkins should be scary. Faces are awesome, but I also love the one with the owl and leaves and the second one with the cool branches. I don’t think you have to be insanely traditional, but I think your trick-or-treaters would wonder why there’s a giant “E” on a pumpkin.

Happy Halloween!!!

9. Abbey G. says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the second one with the scary thorny branches. Looks spooky and easy! (I’m all about easy.) Of course, I love the Martha Stewart ones too, but how long would it take to put all those tiny holes in?

Happy Halloween!

10. So much fabulous inspiration. I need to print this & save for next fall. I adore the cats as well. TOooo clever!
    Happy Hallows Eve ~ deb

11. Randi says:

I like the black cat ones, but really they are all awesome! I’d take any of them, but I doubt my ability to create them myself!

12. They are all so cute hard to pick!!
    Stop over for a visit I am having my first giveaway so come get entered!!

13. Shelia says:

These are just amazing!
    Happy Halloween.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :0

14. Jeanette says:

You’re right! I can’t decide either. Love the idea of carving your house numbers, but there’s just too many really great looking pumpkins. Just do as many as you can and then stop and say “yes, those are my favorite ones” ! LOL

sweetjeanette.blogspot.com

15. m says:

The monogrammed pumpkins are very cool!

m ^..^

16. Julia says:

I just read your staircase post and am SO inspired. We moved into our “new” home last weekend and I have the EXACT same staircase (except where your landing is, I also have a back staircase that goes down and splits the family room and kitchen. I’m considering knocking out the stairs and making it look just like yours). Anyway, I have been thinking about painting the railing black. What’s your opinion on that verses staining like you did? Julia

17. janean says:

i’m no expert, but i think they’re both wonderful!

18. Kitty says:

Oh my gosh! So cute. I just can’t say which one, but I think Martha is leading the pack.