On My Plate

September 26, 2009

Here’s a glimpse at just a few little projects I’m cooking up.

Thrift store buffet/hutch – Before

buffet before

The plan?  Oil based primer and two coats of oil based paint.

Slipper Chair – Before

slipper chair before

The plan?  Restain base and reupholster with modern fabric.

Pair of bookshelves, each 100 inches tall.

bookshelves before The plan?  Repaint and redo crown moulding and base.  Install in office.

Thrift store solid wood nightstand and dresser – Before

nightstand and dresser before

The plan?  Repaint and glaze for my brother’s bachelor pad.

Just a few things I’m working on.  Stay tuned.

30 Responses to “On My Plate”

1. Oh my! So much to look forward to. Love the hutch and bookcases. You must have a great thrift store.

2. You’re going to be busy! Can’t wait to see the “afters”.

3. megan says:

wow I’m tired just looking at it all! Can’t wait to see the results!

4. Blair@Craig, Blair and Turbo Skousen says:

I am so jealous of your finds! If I had a truck to lug all that around, I would be in heaven! That’s the con of a two seater I guess :) I can’t wait to see your ‘afters’…that chair is the cutest!

5. One question….can you even park your car in the garage anymore or has it been relegated to the driveway? (I ask with love, not judgment…as MY car is currently relegated to the driveway :)

Can’t WAIT to see the transformations!

6. I love the slipper chair overall but seriously love the bamboo look to that chair frame! Can’t wait to see how that turns out. I’m also interested to see how you do the bookcases. Once we move {if it ever winds up happening} I’ll be taking two bookcases in my sons room and using them in what will become a home office. I’m planning on painting them black when the time comes, but it will be nice to see the steps you’ve taken because your furniture always comes out so nice.

7. Julie says:

What great finds – can’t wait to see it all!

8. Lindy says:

Wow! You always amaze me. Although I am not entirely sure when you sleep :-)

I really love the slipper chair as it is! I can’t wait to see what you do with it.

9. Woah nelly….you have got quite a full plate. Can’t wait to see all the afters!

10. Jennifer says:

I am excited to see how all of these turn out!! Thank you for the inspiration… makes me want to start a few projects!!

11. Marty says:

Great pieces. I never find really neat pieces like that. Just gorgeous. I can’t wait to see them all done. Hugs, Marty

12. Tracychele says:

Can’t wait to see results! I know they will be good!

13. Jackie says:

Excited to see the finished products!

14. I love them all (at least what I can envision you will do for them) especially the hutch!! Can’t wait to see what the after pictures look like!

15. Alex says:

Awesome pieces!!! Can’t wait to see the afters. You must have a great thrift store. Any tips on thrift store shopping?

16. Agosto says:

I agree w/ Alex

17. Loulou says:

WHERE do you shop?? Our thrift stores suck. I have found THE spot for vintage and distressed furniture in my area….It’s a little diamond hidden away in southern Alabama. I’m heading over there next week and will post pictures. You are going to DIE. I like to redo my pieces myself, so I’m hoping to find some “befores” to do on my own. I also have a hutch that I’m going to redo. It’s currently on layaway at my fave antique store. It wasn’t a cheap cheap find but was great for the type of furniture it is. Just think. You started all this rehabbing in me by showing me your BFF-spray paint! Check me out next week and see my book shelf we’re working on this weekend. We were all set to do it today and then it started pouring!

18. Vanessa says:

Can’t wait to see their transformations! I know they’ll be wonderful!

19. Jenny says:

I can’t wait to see what they will look like after! I would be so overwhelmed if I had to do all of that.

20. Stephanie says:

Kate, with these large items do you plan on using spray paint in the can, or will you move to a sprayer? I’m curious because I have some large items that I really don’t want to paint with a brush. I am worried about the texture. Can’t wait to see how your’s turn out.

21. Pam says:

Staying busy…wow, you wore me out! lol
    Good luck and have fun.
    Pam

22. Wow those are BIG projects! I can’t wait to see the finished products!

23. Amanda Eck says:

ok Im being nosey- how much was the thrift store hutch? knowing you Im sure it was like $50. but inquiring minds want to know!

24. gina says:

I am itching to see what you do with all of this!

25. Love all those pieces, especially the chair! Can’t wait to see the finished products!

26. Sue says:

I can’t wait to see the finished products.

Sue

27. Tracie Yule says:

That’s a lot of stuff on your plate, but I can’t wait to see the transformation.

28. You are so my “mommy idol.” ;) If I had half the style, a quarter of the energy, and a third of your skills, I could be so happy. ;) Can’t wait to see the results!

29. Dianne says:

Wow…..lots on your plate girl! Like everyone else I’ll be anxiously awaiting a peek at the finished products…once upon a time I lived in a more populated area with more choices to shop but now i live in a (fairly) rural area and shopping of all kinds is limited. I was excited when we finally got a Home Depot a few years ago!

30. You find some of the best stuff! I love the night stand and dresser!